Drinking while viewing Torana

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

Am I alone in having a few drinks and then looking at my Torana and thinking "yeah, thats a great looking car" Think I have a thing for Torana's :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#2 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

Tomorrow you might notice the faded tail lights

#3 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

Mate, i do Exactly the same thing! I have a few beers, then get all clucky over my car. I will have mates over watching the footy, then at half time we will all just go to the carport and look at my car and talk shit, ill start her up sometimes for a bit of a soundtrack (also makes them jealous!)

Your not alone my friend!

#4 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

Yeah ... some nice Torana ass there. hahaha

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

When my mates come around and have a few beers they get so jealous. And I get fonder after a couple of stubbies as well :P

#6 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

Hey Rob I am with you, been 4 months since mine has been out, think I will rego it tomorrow. Needs a good drive to make sure everything is right for the big trip next month.. :D

#7 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

thanks guys good to know i'm not alone, and coolngrovy i dont care about the tail lights coz the compliance plates dont fade and shannons were happy to insure it as is for 45k :D

#8 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

How indecent!

Oh well, while we are sharing phat asses!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 _gstar_

_gstar_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

i used to do this for periods of up to 5 hours when i was a bong rat, i once formulated an idea that my car at one stage must of been underwater.

Nowdays high on life, but i love to just look, think & tinker with my cars tools and shit. GF hates me for it

#10 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Just noticed your rear spoiler Rob. Mine use to be similar, but changed it.

Posted Image

Still not sure which one I liked the best.

#11 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:27 PM

I like them either way.

#12 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

hey Pat, that is a nice Phat ass you have there. I'm not sure about the rear spoiler, sometimes I luv the LX writing across the back and other times I think I'll put it back to original when I respray it. Cool pics of your car tho I am waiting for you to one day put YELLA plates on it :D
Posted Image

Edited by Rob 5000, 09 August 2007 - 10:31 PM.

#13 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

Some nice lookin' Toranas on the Riverina Torana Club's site Rob :spoton:

http://www.riverinatoranaclub.com/

The LX & LH look very schmick

The club is growing well :rockon:

Regards .................... Barry

#14 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

had your up there last week to Barry. I have been trying to put a different members car on the front page every week. Maybe you could post a few more pics of yours in the gallery for me to use on the front page :D

#15 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

Yeah totally agree boys nothing better than going into the garage and looking at the Torrie even tho there is shit everywhere half the paints off it still the dreams about when shes done keep rolling in. haha

About my mates yea there all mainly soft cocks in regards to cars, one owns a f*cking prelude and is too much of a nancy to buy a real car, and the other drive a dirty ford but at least its not rice.

But yes although they don't think there jealous bec of all the time and money its taking they will be in the long run when it demands the upmost RESPCETA

:gun: :rockon:

#16 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:08 AM

I spend so much time thinking about all the work I have to do on my car instead of actually doing it.. so when ever I stroll into the garage for some other reason I get stopped in my tracks as my mind is refreshed how awesome Toranas are.

#17 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:26 AM

hey Pat, that is a nice Phat ass you have there. I'm not sure about the rear spoiler, sometimes I luv the LX writing across the back and other times I think I'll put it back to original when I respray it. Cool pics of your car tho I am waiting for you to one day put YELLA plates on it� :D

Heya Rob, thanks mate. Haven't smoked now since February, and owners own ass is starting to reflect the car's. It was like, bang, here's an extra 5 kg's. I was actually trying to loose 10 kg's to get down to optimal race weight. Life's a bitch like that.

I'm the same, I like both. Might get a new rear spoiler, and repaint this one back the way it was, as it is a little rippley.

Plates? I've never been a plate man, would be nice, but not essential. Notice in NSW atm they are up to YEL-xxA plates!!!!! I grin every time I see a new plate, so many Yella's on the road.

Oh, credit where credit is due, Toranavista took the driving into the sunset pics (it's actually sunrise, but meh). I love that whole range of pics, including this one:

Posted Image

Mmm, by the looks of these posts, quite a few peeps knock back a few ales on a Thursday night. :huh:

Edited by Yella SLuR, 10 August 2007 - 05:36 AM.

#18 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:50 AM

And some people just get up to damned early !!

#19 HSVGTS

HSVGTS

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Name:HSVGTS

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

How indecent!

Oh well, while we are sharing phat asses!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haven't seen a bad one yet..........regards

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

some very nice Hatch Ass there!

#21 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:39 AM

My mate with a Yellow LJ V8 GTR has YELLA plates in black with gold writing on NSW plates.

#22 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

Must say I am bit partial to the odd "appeciation session" after a few ales. Its great to wander down to the shed and simply sit and stare..... ahh, the serenity......

Yella, love the pic with the leaves blowing up on the road..... great shot, pity about the blur but hey, motion blur is a good effect !!

A9X SS and SS A9X shot..... classic stuff !!

#23 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

nice pics guys :rockon:

My 2 babies are off the road atm. They are both sitting outside my kitchen window, so every time I go into the kitchen or out to feed the animals they are always in my face saying why are we sitting here.

I am a dreamer and have soooo much in my head I want to do with Ruby, now I am unemployed YET AGAIN!!! I will have more time but hence no $$$.

Getting smashed 2day to put closure to 4 months of hell, so look out Ruby I am coming your way.

XXKAZXX

#24 _trna76hb_

_trna76hb_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

I do the same, just look at my car & think Torana's look shit hot. :spoton:

#25 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

Pat nice arse makes me want to get mine back on the road but every time I go in the shed I start drinking :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users