MONSTER tacho needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

He who has trouble seeing will be needing a MONSTER tacho sooner or later for the drag car. It only needs to go to 8000 RPM. Shift light would be handy. Are there any decent sized ones around, or can you only get piddly little 5" jobs? Having a good contrast on the dial is more important then a larger diameter.

#2 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

got my autometer 5 1/2" tacho with shift light for $108 off ebay, but you dont use it.. always plenty on there though..

A1

#3 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:07 PM

On the new mini's,they have a rev tacho as big as a house clock on the NA models if you want a tacho bigger than 5"

#4 _seperf_

_seperf_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:37 PM

5" is as big as they go . autometer phantom or stewart warner white face are easy to see out of the lot i would say??

#5 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:40 AM

On the new mini's,they have a rev tacho as big as a house clock on the NA models if you want a tacho bigger than 5"

Somehow, I don't think that would be a real cheap option.

#6 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:49 AM

I have a feeling there may not be a cheap option for you mate. Your best bet is probably just to keep your eyes out for a 5" 2nd hand and try and mount it in a very visible spot to make it a bit easier to read.

gtrboyy is correct but I don't know where the hell you'd find one even if you were willing to pay a lot for one. lol buy a whole written off mini just for the tacho :P

Every considered getting a 5" and ripping the body off a bit and fabricating a new backing plate sorta thing (whatever the panel the numbers are written on I mean), maybe extending the needle. If you managed that you could go literally as big as you want. Cutting holes so the light shines through for the numbers and stuff would be a dick in the arse, but as a last resort.... it would work, and it wouldn't be THAT expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users