Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Name:Ang
  • Car:UC Hatch, UC Sedan, VL Turbo, ForFour Brabus, 2010 Fatboy

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:46 PM

Gday Fellas and Gals...

My UC is in fair awesome condition for it's age. Although I'm planning on rebuilding it from top to bottom.. (my Goal is to get it published in a Mag!) :rockon:

Now I'm a bit of a nut, and I want to know, is it possible at all, to buy BRAND NEW DOORS! I don't care how much they cost, Brand new ones will be ideal for someone like me!

cheers aye!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/852521

that's the link to the Cardomain website if you want to check it out.

#2 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

You probably must care at some point how much they cost?
Really couldnt tell much from your pics about the condition of the outside, have you got rust in all the door skins?
AFIK, new ones arent an option, best of buying a torrie thats clapped out or going cheap thats got 4 good doors, ideally in the same colour, that will save money/time when it times time to painting them if needed. Makesure whatever you end up getting has the antiintrusion bars fitted(thats what the ucs came out with, you cant legally get around it), that would rule out half the LX's and all of the LH's. Possibly the can be retrofitted. True no one is gonna know that you have them or dont, but you ultimately will be responsible if the worse occurs. (please no posts saying tin foil is more effective than the bars etc)
Please take this comment just as my opinion only:
Awesome condition? dont know, pics arent conclusive.
Interior, dont like it:
You have some blackgrey door trims, a greyed out centre dash panel and console, which doesnt work for me when you combine it with the colour coded dash and steering column, missing centre ventilation, the wooden rimmed steering wheel is an improvement on that black number, but it would look better with the sle colour coded wheel. Seats, couldnt make out.
Hope this is of some help.

#3 UCANG

UCANG

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Name:Ang
  • Car:UC Hatch, UC Sedan, VL Turbo, ForFour Brabus, 2010 Fatboy

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for your opinion mate

So there is no way you can buy brand new doors. Thought so, I was hoping somewhere in Australia they re make panels brand new.

Might as well go with my original plan, and that is to re do my doors.

Sorry about the pics, don't have a digital camera, only got a vid recorder, that's why it's in shitty quality.

Don't worry about the interior, not even 20 % complete. Seats are stock, nothing special, going to get race seats.
On that site I have older pics and newer pics, As it stands now, the door trims are black with grey and chrome strips, the whole dash is black, the steering coloumn is black, the steering wheel is that leather wrapped black one, and the centre ventilation is put back on. And the Fascia where the ashtray etc is on, is grey. Only thing missing is the surrounding gear boot and handbrake boot.
So there is no more brown.. Although as I said, not complete. just in case you didn't see this pic

http://www.cardomain...521_35_full.jpg

That was taken just before I painted the steering column. And got a black Indicator Stem

All the stuff I did to it has been little things here and there, as it still is my daily driver. Well was. She is off the road now, I'm going to start work on the 308. And Body work, and of course, the custom interior. (So don't worry about the interior it's got now :P )

Thanks for your opinion mate, greatly appreciated.

#4 _torana05_

_torana05_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

Pity it wasn't new LC-LJ sedan doors you where after, i can get my hands on a couple of them. The last new LH-UC door i had was in about 1995.

Cheers,
Andrew 2.

#5 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

Ive got 2 sets of LH-UC Door skins, brand new. PM me if your interested.

As for the reply above about getting a clapped out torana with good doors, um the 1st thing to go on a torana is the doors due to rust, so if the cars clapped out then the doors are long gone.

#6 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

Not necessarily; I've got serious rust in the boot of my car and my doors are all fine. Your new skins sound like the way to go but if they weren't availible, devilsadvocate's suggestion would be the best IMO.

#7 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:12 PM

where do you get cheap toranas with good doors though?
the only ones I have seen with good doors are all asking $3-4k as there decent SL's etc.

If you can find me a cheap torana with 4 excellent doors, I'll buy the cars, keep the doors and you can have the rest of the car, hows that sound? Im serious find me a cheap torana with 4 excellent doors and the cars yours.

#8 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:45 PM

where do you get cheap toranas with good doors though?

Youve gotta look.(trading post etc, cars sitting outside houses, make an offer) As Heath pointed out, many people will get rid of a torry coz the boots rusted out coz the back window sill has had it, paints faded, motors stuffed , interiors been trashed, but the doors are still okay. Got one on my front lawn, soon as ive decided what to do with the good doors its going to the crusher.

Edited by devilsadvocate, 28 January 2006 - 08:57 PM.

#9 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

Glad you let me get a few of the good bits off it before then! (thanks btw) :D

#10 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:44 PM

Well they're not necessarily cheap cheap, but still relatively cheap. For a grand you can buy a car with good doors, stick some average ones on and sell if. Actually wait. That is a tightarse thing to do... scrap that idea. I'm sure wreckers must keep them from time to time though? I've seen decent doors at wreckers but not full sets.

Edited by Heath, 28 January 2006 - 09:47 PM.

#11 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

Straight, rust free UC doors are easy to find and not too expensive. You just have to look and look.

#12 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:40 PM

ring a wrecker in sydney and ask for a rust free torana door for under $200 each, after 5 minutes of laughter and being called a dickhead you will get there drift, maybe you mexicans have it good but in sydney stuff is drying up or maybe your "good" is different to my "good".

#13 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

ring a wrecker in sydney and ask for a rust free torana door for under $200 each, after 5 minutes of laughter and being called a dickhead you will get there drift,

Why would we ring a wrecker in Sydney if we are in Melbourne?
What is your point ls1lx?
Sydney wreckers are not friendly?, people in Melbourne dont know a good door when they see one and are liars etc - sounds like you still hurting over that big K, small k thing.
How much are you seeking for your new doors?

Edited by devilsadvocate, 30 January 2006 - 09:41 PM.

#14 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:00 PM

Im not hurt over nothing, I have 6 NOS door skins and 8 spare rust free doors but I know how hard they were too find, thats all.

PM me if you want to buy some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users