LJ PARKER GLOBE HOLDERS

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _shep3305_

_shep3305_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

Hi, does anybody know where i can purchase the parker globe holding fittings that go behind the headlights ? My Lj doesnt have any, and i have been told that there is supposed to be some kind of holders :huh: Does anybody have a pic ?
Cheers..

#2 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

I believe early LJ had clear indicator lenses below the front bumper that were also the park lights.
Late LJ had amber lenses and the park lights were in the headlights.
If you have clear lenses you don't need the parkers in the headlights, they should be in the indicators.
I'm not sure what date this changed.

#3 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

my 9/72 has the parkers in the indicators..... obviously quite easy to check which...

#4 _shep3305_

_shep3305_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

yeah changed in 73, dont know what month , but i have amber blinkers and cant run parkers with ambers lenses.. Someone has told me there is a fitting that holds the parker globe inline with the clear spot on the rear of the headlights. It supposedly attaches to the headlight wiring pins somehow??? I have also been told that they were / are a hella part, but i cant seem to find any info... :cry:

#5 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

I believe early LJ had clear indicator lenses below the front bumper that were also the park lights.
Late LJ had amber lenses and the park lights were in the headlights.

I'm not sure what date this changed.

Hi

ADR6 (Direction Turn Signal Lamps) specifying amber turn signals was introduced on 1/1/1973.

Bazza

#6 _shep3305_

_shep3305_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

thanks Bazza.. where in country Vic are you...

#7 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

thanks Bazza.. where in country Vic are you...

Hi

Near Melton

Bazza

#8 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:53 AM

The parker mount assembly is part of the headlight socket. The light itself is a twist in fit like the dash lights on the non circuit board clusters.

Picks below

Posted Image
This is the front of the socket. You can see the sockets for the headligh above, and the hole for the parker below. (No They are NOT blue parkers... they are the ICE globes which are substancialy brighter than your garden variety 5W globes)

Posted Image
This is side. As you can see the parker globe is a twist in fit.

Posted Image
Heres the seperate parker socket.

Steve

#9 _shep3305_

_shep3305_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

thanks Steve they are great pics... It looks like my Lj doesn't have anything like that, so i will have to try and source some from somewhere.. :blink: Thanks for all your help... :clap:

Shep

#10 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

Hi Guys.

I doubt you would be able to buy these new any longer, 2nd hand (from wreckers) is probably the only source.

They were also fitted to 73/74 HQ, as well as TA, LH & LX Torana. HJ/X/Z One-Tonners with their standard HQ nose-cone also had them.

The small socket which holds the parking light globe itself was also used in the instrument clusters of many of these models.

Dr Terry

#11 _shep3305_

_shep3305_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Thanks Dr Terry i have a mate with a few HQ wrecks that i may be able to find a couple.. Cheers Shep..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users