#1 Ferg

Ferg

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Car:72 LJ XU1 rep

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:16 PM

Righto lets get this show on the road ......Whats the best rods ( 202 ) starfire, bluemotor or blackmotor ( maybe the same ) or sumfin else and same with cranks blue or black and why :unsure: <_< come on guys

Edited by Ferg, 07 November 2005 - 11:37 PM.

#2 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

one of my engines had starfire and another has blue, i think theyre the same from memory?

#3 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

Starfire, Blue & Black motor rods are all the same. I have heard of people using all sorts of rods like BMW & Merc not sue which particular models. Blue & black cranks are the same thing.

#4 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:41 PM

Agree with what everyone else has said. Blue/Black cranks are the same, 12 counterweight design, Starfire, Blue/Black rods ditto.

#5 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:27 AM

It's funny how the starfire rods are getting very pricy, yet the blue/black rods are still very cheap, and just as good. There are some guys out there making really big big power out there, like the dude with the turbo 6 in perth, IIRC running blue crank & rods. :D

I've heard & read of VW golf rods being used b/c ppl couldn't get starfire rods at the time. I thought that was quite an amusing read, considering the stockpile of blue/black rods that would be around, just look how many commondores in the wreckers.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

#6 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:45 PM

it's also funny considering vw's come from the factory with about 40hp...not really a need for ultra strong rods...

#7 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:25 PM

it's also funny considering vw's come from the factory with about 40hp...not really a need for ultra strong rods...

Yep, those germans like to over engineer things, don't they! :D

Oh well, it's good for us when the supply of rods for holden 6's dry up, not that it would happen before hell freezes over..... ROFLMFAO.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users