cross member bushes (poly)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _lostinspace_

_lostinspace_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:13 PM

I bought some new bushes for my lx and comparing them to the old ones the diameter is about 5mm smaller and the thickness are different as well. Is this what you get with the polys or have I bought the wrong ones.

Here are some pics your knowledge and help will be appreciated.
Thank you
lost

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:23 PM

It would appear to me that they are different shape, but if you exclude the locating ridge that sits in the body hole then they would be similar in height for the bolt thread, as long as they fit the location then thats fine but if they are going to cause problems with the bolt thread etc then you must change them.

#3 _lostinspace_

_lostinspace_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:53 PM

Thanks ALX76
The locating ridge that sits in the body hole fits snug the height I will have to check it next time I uncover the crossmember. Will the diameter be ok?
Has anyone changed there crossmember bushes and were there's similar to these?

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

Remember these prolly wont compress as much as rubber too.

#5 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:38 AM

They look correct to me. The old rubber bushes will be a larger diameter because they have been squashed, not that the outer diameter is important anyhow.

What brand are they, Noltec?

The Nolathane bushes come with new crush tubes. The SuperPro bushes use the original crush tubes, I have not bought Noltec.

#6 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

It must be cross member rebuild month. I just got the same bushes.

Like ls2lxhatch said, it's just cause the old rubbers are squashed out of shape.

I got my exchanged upper control arms complete with bushes, ball joint, and bump stop ready to bolt in. It's a same that the paint job is average. still works out cheaper though.

#7 _lostinspace_

_lostinspace_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

No crush tubes came with the bushes using old one's I will have to find the packaging don't remember the brand name. I'm glad there the right one.
Thanks all for your help

:rockon:

#8 _lostinspace_

_lostinspace_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

These are Noltec

#9 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

I just put nolathane bushes in my upper inners, radius rods and crossmember rubbers, the older (original rubbers) squash and flatten out over time. The new nolathane rubbers will look different because they haven't been crushed over the years like the originals.

#10 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread somewhat, but I want to make sure that I've done mine right. I have to pull my motor back out soon if I need to change something I can. I've just put a complete superpro bush kit through mine.

The bushes that go on top of the chassis rail don't come with the big washer built in like factory so I used some washers that have the same diameter as the bush and the correct hole size (torana inner outrigger washers). I'm pretty sure that will be alright..

For the bushes that go between the xmember and rail, I just fitted them as they came. Should I have transfered the crush tubes across from the original ones?

Cheers
Marty

#11 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:37 AM

All the bushes should have crush tubes and washers. If crush tubes are not supplied then you use the crush tubes from the original bushes.

#12 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

All the bushes should have crush tubes and washers. If crush tubes are not supplied then you use the crush tubes from the original bushes.

Thanks for that, looks like im taking another trip to the wreckers to steal some flogged out bushes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users