Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

Hey Guys.

This is the first wednesday that ive been able to get free with a decent weather forecast!

SO.. I'm planning to take the HQ out for a run at the track on wednesday night before th Sydney Car Festival on the weekend.

If anyone's free and down at the track, dont forget to come up and say gday!

Cheers!

#2 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:45 AM

Had the car on the trailer the last two weeks, rained out both times, unfortunately I discovered a leaking head gasket in my tow car, otherwise would be there tonight. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

#3 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:44 AM

Damn head gaskets! Shame you couldnt be here mate! Would have been great to catch up!

Will let you know and catch up next time :)

Cheers!

#4 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

If it cools down enough I should see you there,been a few months since Ive been.

#5 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

Thanks to gtrboyy and keith for coming up and saying gday! even if it took me a while to figure out who you were keith! hehehe.

The car ran off its pace all nite, and it was PACKED !! infact we were lucky to get in!

anyway, cheers and see you next time!

cheers, Tiny. (on simmos puter)

#6 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:47 AM

Hey Tiny thanks for letting me know mate sorry i didn't get there. Did you say you were doing Sydney Car Fest this weekend too? I'll be on work's stand most of the weekend (apparently it's the biggest one there we've got about 12 cars!), come say G'day.

Cheers,
Andrew

#7 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:35 AM

Andrew,

No worries on not catching up, Luckily i did get to meet Keith and Shane ( i think it was!? ) GtrBoyy, so that was pretty cool!

Yes.. i'm entered in the sydney car festival, though the car is starting to show the wear and tear of 12 months drag racing and general cruising so i'm just there for the fun OH.. and the driving events ;)

I'll defintiely be wandering around so i'll be sure to catch up with you at the stand, I'll also say Gday to dad.. Errrr i mean Jason too!

Cheers mate! Looking forward to the weekend.

#8 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:08 AM

So how did you actually go at WSID on Wed? How many runs did you do?

#9 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:34 PM

I got 3 runs... and it ran poorly!! It was bike night, and i almost wasnt allowed in ( 160 cars by 5:30pm!) anyway.. we got in and got scrutineered and i tell ya it was HOT... I dont think anyone ran that well cause of the heat, but yeah i was particularly un-impressed cause the 850 made "no differece" even though the car felt stronger by the seat of the pants...

Air temp first pass was 32 degrees and i ran a 12.95 @ 105 Mph ( 5Mph and .5 sec off my best!!)

Second pass wasnt much better... but the best of the night.. 12.78 @106 Mph.. air temp 29 degrees. The car felt really strong pulling right through and i cut a .150 light which i was happy with! Felt strong.. no result :(

Third and final pass was a 12.84 @107.4 Mph ( Hrm.. just relised the MPh was better).. i revved second gear right out to 6000 and i could feel teh car nose over slightly.

Those 3.7s are going in ASAP now... Then see where we sit!

Cheers mate :)

#10 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

It was really hot which hurt a lot of people's times,I dont think Ive seen that many bikes there before.Did you see the guy in the vr ss that kept on going in the burnout even though it was overheating & didnt stop until the car caught on fire,then hopped out & thought it was good he wrecked his car.

#11 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:49 PM

I didnt get to see anything cause i dont like to stray too far from my car usually but i did see him in teh scrutineering lanes after it all.

I still cant understand why people do burnouts to their car's destruction.

I'm willing to give it a go at heathcote in march IF i can find rims and IF its not a stinkinghot day.. and if the car's perfect...

BUT i wont be killing it!@ if it gets even remotely hot.. i'll be driving away!!

BUT.. each to their own and its not really my thing! THanks again for coming up to say Gday! Sorry we couldnt talk a bit more!

#12 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

Hi Tiny, sorry to hear it didn't go so well.

Just as a matter of interest, every car I have ever fitted a 850 to has driven like it was stolen. Get 'em to the track and its a different story..... usually a few tenths off the pace and doughy in the 60'.

I wish I could have made it, I would have brought some spare carbs for you to try.

I should get the head off the tow car this weekend and be back on the road during the week. I hope to make it up in two weeks time. Keep in touch !

P.S. There seems to be a club of gooses in VR/S V8 c/dores participating in the burnouts every week. It ALWAYS ends in engine bay fires !!! Last time I was there (week before Xmas) this guy jumps out of his burning C/sport and does a dance for the crowd, not in the least bit concerned about his burning ride. The poor firies had to chase him to get the bonnet open. Hey, I love smoking tyres but I feel I know when to say enough is enough. I can't see the point in senseless destruction of ones own property (or anyone elses for that matter).

Enough raving.........

Edited by Struggler, 02 February 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#13 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:24 AM

Heya Struggler,

I'd love to take you up on the offer of trying out a few carbs!

I met a couple of guys with some HQ's, and it turns out one of them owns a mechanical workshop just "down the road" from my place ( barely 10 minute drive). Apparently he's played with carbies a little bit, and offered to take a look at my 750 as well to see if he could find the issue! He doesnt have any direct ties with any dyno operators, but he has had a car of his done somewehre up here that he was very happy with as well.

You have a PM from me :)

Thanks again and yeah i'm not a big burnout fan! :)

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users