Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:20 AM

The push rod positions

Original push rod postion which means when pushing the pedal it will pull the rod back which is no bloody good for the master cylinder when directly bolted onto the fire wall.
Posted Image

This is where i can move the push rod down to the lower hole meaning when i push the brake pedal it will push the rod into the master cylinder which is what i want BUT also means the hole in the firewall will have to be a few inches lower for the push rod to go through, can this be confirmed by someone who has done this? or someone with an HB/unboosted torana?
Posted Image

thanks guys

Edited by Bart, 18 October 2007 - 12:23 AM.

#27 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:45 AM

Hi Bart.

Yes, that is correct. You will also find that the bottom 2 booster bracket bolt holes will mount your unboosted m/cyl, once you've driiled the bigger hole.

Dr Terry.

#28 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:09 PM

Thanks Dr
If anyone has pics it would be great, just dont want to drill holes all over the place :rolleyes:

#29 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hi Bart.

Yes, that is correct. You will also find that the bottom 2 booster bracket bolt holes will mount your unboosted m/cyl, once you've driiled the bigger hole.

Dr Terry.

I looked at the setup you suggested and it looks like it will work in my case even though there is a lack of space.
Thanks everybody :spoton:

#30 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:20 AM

On mine I simply bolted up a alloy m/cyl off a kingy to the bottom holes,then got an adjustable pushrod of Dellows,think it is the same pushrod they use in their 6cyl hyd clutch kits.Job done.

I do want to fit up a ford m/cyl in the car once I put a vn headed engine back in the car,brakes lines are on the opposite side,more clearance.

#31 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

On mine I simply bolted up a alloy m/cyl off a kingy to the bottom holes,then got an adjustable pushrod of Dellows,think it is the same pushrod they use in their 6cyl hyd clutch kits.Job done.

I do want to fit up a ford m/cyl in the car once I put a vn headed engine back in the car,brakes lines are on the opposite side,more clearance.

Dellos didnt know what i was talking about when i asked someone there and he said he only sells bell housings, and i thoght what the.
Thanks mate, i think youre saying the same thing as Dr Terry, did you have to drill the bigger hole for the push rod to go through?
And did you have to mount the push rod to the lower hole on your brake pedal?

Edited by Bart, 20 October 2007 - 10:01 AM.

#32 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:12 AM

I don't remember doing any mods at all.Was a long time ago.

The m/cyl bolted to firewall,the back part of the m/cyl went through the firewall,pushrod lined up with hole on brake pedal,got the dellows pushrod after I didn't like how we shortened & welded the standard rod.One of the easiest things Ive done on the car.

#33 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

Hey guys, i have to machine up a clevis/brake pedal to master cylinder linkage, i was thinking of making it our of left over 4340 chrome molly, do you reckon i should use a bronze bush where it pivots?
Would like some opinions. :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users