Correct size slicks

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

O.k I've just found out from Superplus that the Weld Prostar in the HQ pattern, which is what I'm running, jumps from 15x8" to 15x10" :cry:.

So Chopper, what are your thoughts on the 275/60 rubber on 8" wide rims, is it still a safe enough proposition? Going to a 10" rim is going to mean a lot more chopping than I was wanting to do cos the funds are a bit short at the moment.

Cheers,

P.s Sorry to hear about your mifftake, a real shame :D

Edited by Liam, 13 February 2006 - 03:51 PM.

#27 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:56 PM

They will be fine on an 8" wide rim.

#28 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

Sweet, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. What backspace should I be using, I think he said it comes with 3.5, 4.5, or 5.5?

#29 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

Liam,
Heres the info and pics i can give thats u asked via PM, I have other pics but need to dig them up.

What i done to fit the 265's

The inner wheel tubs I cut the 1" spacer out with a grinder, then done slits so the panel wouldnt distort and pull, and get a better finish, Then hammered and welded the tub against the chassis rail NOTE this all shows up in the boot So "strip the boot out and remove fuel tank"

Posted Image

This is the finished result from behind, THIS IS ALSO WHAT 355LXSS IS DOING His pics are better spoken for

Posted Image

Now the Diff I had professionally cut But measured it up myself,
:First thing You need to Have your wheels and sit in and i measured mine up with an Adjustable FAKE AXLE supplied by the engineers Which you bolt the wheels upto and adjust according to where the wheels sit Once your happy lock it and take it in, they will weld it all up and cut the housing according + axles

:I had my shocker mounts moved in by 5mm to Just get clearance

:My hatch with the Convo pro 15x8.5 with the 5 & 3/4inch back space I had my diff Cut to 1386mm OVER DRUM This was My measurement to suit my parts But this should give a rough Idea

:The Gaurd Lips have been rolled

:Im running the BF GOODRICH 265/50/15 Have Standard 6cyl springs in the back end witch the gaurd sits Just on the verge of the tyre so Looks low, I still will be dropping it an inch But may run into scraping problems on the outer gaurd

I hope this Can Help you on your mission If you have any other questions or need pics PM Me and ill get back to you,
Goodluck :spoton:
Marc

#30 _355lxss_

_355lxss_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:24 AM

I had my diff Cut to 1386mm OVER DRUM

hey marc is that measurement from drum to drum? Can you remember what the housing measured up flange to flange?

regard eddie

Edited by 355lxss, 24 February 2006 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users