17inch wheels all round.

Front Setup:
Drop spindle stub axles in the front.
Standard Springs and shocks.

Rear Setup:
9 inch diff
Lowered King springs
Standard Shocks

I am currently not happy how the car sits, it needs to drop at least another inch and a half in the rear. The front sits fine.

Does anybody know where I can get the rear springs reset? I�m located in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

Can anyone also recommend a good pair of rear shocks. I�m planning on getting some 15 inch rims, slicks and softer spings for racing.

I was thinking either pedders sports riders or koni reds. I�m probably leaning towards the koni�s as they can be adjusted from soft to stiff.

Where would be the best place to buy them?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, mark.

#2 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:37 PM

Give these guys a call:

Spicers Springs
9720 0809

Cheers,
Rick.

#3 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

They're in the Northern suburbs (Thomastown), but Brown's Springworks do a great job.Sorry can't find the number atm.

#4 _kolman_

_kolman_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:32 PM

I spoke to king springs apparently the springs I have are as low as they can legally go. They can reset them for $70 to go lower but they will no longer be captive or legal.

I was under the impression that they could make me a custom set at a lower height and still be captive and legal. I guess I thought wrong.

All they do to reset them in put them in a vice and heat them up.

I might just reset my old springs myself with a vice and an oxy to get the car lower. If i get picked on by the cops I can just chuck the legal springs back in.

#5 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

Yeah mate, you just have to run some shorter shocks to keep the springs captive.... U can try LJ Shocks or VB Commodore Wagon Shocks.. They bolt up the same as the torana ones, but are shorter!

#6 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

I will put in a good word for Brown's Springworks too, they did mine and i am happy with them.
Just tell them where you want it to sit and they put it there, as low as you want :rockon:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users