Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

I found this... Flareless 4 door...

Posted Image

Can anyone with that fancy photo shop thing change the colour of this car to Barbados green for me?

#52 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

kudu, see your other thread...

Tim

#53 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

Sweet!!!!!

#54 _ballrash_

_ballrash_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:26 PM

g'day everyone,
the white lj xu1 is mine, forgot to mention in other post that the lower arms are shortened 10mm, mainlt to get wheel looking more central but has helped with clearance. Suprisingly the rolloing diameter is only 8mm taller than my 13x7 rebels with 205/60/14 advan ao48's. Front tyres are 205/50 and rears 225/35 - pretty close in sidewall height. Price 500 -7's , 550 - rears. Took 3 months from payment, but you'll wait as long for ROH wheels. Fronts just touch swaybar at full lock (is fully adj whiteline), rears do scrape with full tank -(11o litre drop tank)- vn diff shortened (happening soon) should fix this. Hope this helps anyone still wondering. Ben.

#55 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Can you tell us what offsets the wheels are & the diff width of the new diff?

Im curious to know how the lower contol arms were narrowed 1omm,I want to do that on my lc.

thanks.

#56 _ballrash_

_ballrash_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

vn diff is a work in progress, will give dimensions when finished.
The lower arms are simply cut thru the middle, chamfered and pushed 10mm into each-other and re-welded and boxed in. Plan for vn diff includes new upper and lower arms made from tube that are adjustable.

#57 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

has anyone asked about the group buy? apparently longbeach customs do tyres aswell and can get the overall size the same as 'stock' diameter which might heap with rego or engineers. anyone got 17' engineered in SA on a torrie?

#58 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

Don't think a group buy will help. Probably free postage to one location or something like that but because they are custom our chances are slim to none.

Best ask an engineer - but again your chances are they will need to be engineered if using the original Torana hardware.

#59 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:49 PM

yeah i guess mate, still think it might be worth asking. i will need engineers approval SA rules state must only be 2" more than stock so thats 15". if anyone has doen it before and has helpful hints or a good engineer to talk to that would be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users