9" diff for lh torana to fit uc?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _workinprogress_

_workinprogress_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

I have found a 9" diff that says it will fit a lh torana. Its non lsd but with a spooled locking mechanism. It is going for $380 so i reckoned this was too good an opportunity to pass up. The main things i was worried about the fitting were: The width. are lh and uc toranas the same width across and the suspension mounts, are the trailing arm mounts the same between the models.

I know i will have to change my driveshaft but that wasnt going to be too much of a problem. If anyone has any advice on this or knows of any other things i should watch out for then it would be great. Apparently this diff was from a dirt track car.

#2 _ultrabluea9x_

_ultrabluea9x_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:22 PM

the diff wll not fit if it came out of an lh,,,,,,
the lh/lx floor pans are different than a uc ,the upper arms location pivots on a uc floorpan are in a different position ,length wise the same ,you will need to relocate the inner brackets on the diff itself not a big issue but it will have to be done

#3 _workinprogress_

_workinprogress_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

^sigh^ Oh well it was a nice hope. It seemed like to good of an oppurtunity to pass up incase it would work. Cheers for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users