- - - - -

NOSLH NEW PROJECT

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:10 AM

Well its been just over a month since the old car was sold, and i havent really been looking all that hard for the new replacement, but last night i looked at a car in the trading post which sounded interesting, i rang the guy for an inspection-late last night, and this is what i found. 4-door LH, rust in the boot, rear quarters, rear wheels arches, small patch in the d/s sill, and various spots in the panels-but no rust in the engine bay, the cleanest looking battery tray ive seen in a unrestored-sitting in a paddock for most of its life car- REAL good floor pans and chassis, very faded paint, bog, panels that need straighting etc. So why would i buy a car that needs SOOOO Much work???? Well two things mostly-Number 1- three tags and a chassis number that match, and confirm this car is an original L32 SLR(tags have never been removed or even painted over!!!). And Number 2-The price $500!!!!
not to mention all the stuff that comes with it- original slr steering wheel, tacho dash-original with MPH aswell as KPH- the original 253 block that was originally sold with the car from GMH!!!, slr suspension, big brake booster, most of the original interior, 3 spare dash pads, 2 spare lower dash sections, woodgrain dash face, and a spare new from holden dash face, 14/7 hotwires, spare panels, and a letter from holden confirming its original etc, also with all the options the car was bought with-2 owner car-,So by the time i sell off all the SLR parts that i wont be using-its not going to be restored to original-the car will owe me nothing and ill be left with a geniune SLR!!!!! Let the fun begin, ill post pics on the weekend :spoton:

#2 _SLR5000_

_SLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:31 AM

Sounds like you got yourself a bargain there! Put them photos up & lets have a look at her.

#3 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:13 AM

Sounds like a nice find! Just goes to show there are still some bargains out there...

#4 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:00 PM

Well done mate! And this is something you can build the way YOU want!

Great stuff! ( let me know about the bits your intending to sell.. Ive gotto start to collect some bits for our SLR!)

Cheers!

#5 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:47 PM

No probs tiny, pretty much all the slr gear will be for sale, ill send you a list of stuff after the car gets here on friday-ish, and yeah i cant wait to do this car my way, wait till you see the pics of it now, what a piece of sh.....well you know, but as i said three tags and a chassis number.....thats what i wanted, ohh yeah!!!!

#6 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

No worries mate, I dont have very much money to spend especially on a long term project like the SLR, but yeah going to be looking for bits and i'm sure they wont be around when i need em! heheh

Cheers.

#7 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

Your car your decision, just find the following sentence interesting:-

So by the time i sell off all the SLR parts that i wont be using-its not going to be restored to original-the car will owe me nothing and ill be left with a geniune SLR!!!!!

Good luck with it and have a ball.

#8 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

Well that comment is basically meaning that im happy its a SLR, but it wont be made into a restored L32-A 253 aint that much fun to race with after having several 304/308 and chev powered cars the power is hard to ignore- but the way i see it a $500 SLR sounds better than a $500 sunbird or SL-now if the car was a L31,A9X or L34 of course it would be returned to standard, but seeing that its a l32 there's not as much value in keeping it original compared to its Bigger brothers...

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:31 PM

True. Might not have the power, but will rev it's ring out. Just a different driving technique.

#10 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:24 PM

THE CAR IS HERE!!! https://cache.gmh-to...ums/e400/mrnos/ , and yes it looks like a heap of s&*t, but as i said i bought it for the numbers that match...but heres the problem do i cut up and modify and matching numbers SLR-its just a L32-considering it has the factory fitted engine with it. Or do i restore it as a 100% original SLR L32, and just modify another plain-jane sl? The L32 came with- the original block, slr steering wheel, mph+kph dash, factory manual console, pretty much everything that it came from the factory with....so what to do? Restore or Modify???? Any takers?

Edited by NOSLH, 05 February 2006 - 12:26 PM.

#11 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:35 PM

Here we go again , but personally i would keep it looking original. Make any modifications that are reversable. Keep in mind the colour you have is quite rare today.

#12 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

Yeah the mods i have in mind wouldnt be reversable, so im thinking of maybe restoring this 1 and modifying a sl or something

#13 _SLR5000_

_SLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

If you are selling exhaust manifolds I will buy. Thanks

#14 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

If you want an LS1 in there, the mods wont be reversable.

Its only an SLR 4.2, chop the sucker up. Actually rephrase "Power up that sucker" With a stock 253 you will drive it half a dozen times and be bored stiff and want to sell it straight away.

#15 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:34 PM

Dont worry ive got another 1 lined up for the modified 1, im still doing the conversion LS1LX!!! The modified 1 will be started on first not the SLR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users