- - - - -

XU1 V8 Dyno Run

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

We ran the XU1 V8 on the dyno today and have the perpetual starving for fuel problem at 3800rpm... The HP curve looked like Mt Everest until around 4,000rpm then did the Shuttle nose dive..170 RWHP at 3800 rpm so I was pretty happy. We are looking at a Holley blue in the boot and the reg at the front engine bay. Dizzy is spot on so all I need to do is keep the fuel up to it and the dyno guy says around 280HP + in a 1000kg package...and I thought the sucker was fast now...he says you aint see nothin yet!..>>??????????
R

#2 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

Pleeeaaase dont use a holley blue run out of fuel a couple of times with it and the thing s*&ts itself use a carter black 110gph pump way more reliable, nice horsepower by the way...

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

I havent run out of fuel in a car in 35 years...Will that stop the problem?
R

#4 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

The Mallory electric fuel pumps are nice and quiet with 110gph for the base model.

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:22 PM

Holley Blue with Reg is on its way, fit it on the weekend then back to the dyno.
R

#6 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:03 AM

Holley Blue with Reg is on its way, fit it on the weekend then back to the dyno.
R

dont forget your ears muffs :spoton:

Thats for the pump noise not the exhaust.

#7 _majuva33_

_majuva33_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

My fuel injected six is producing very similar figures to yours, Rory. It'd be great to have these two on the same track to see how they go!!! :rockon:

Mark

#8 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:24 PM

mmmm that would be interesting. What is the actual weight difference between the two engines? It can't be that serious, but you do need different springs...

I'd like to see what they look like when they corner; if you can spot the weight distribution difference :P

#9 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

Heath,
22 lbs, the v8 is further down and back so they report the weight distibution is more neutral.
LS1...You cant hear jack shit in it anyway, its a race car.
Mark, I will post the dyno sheets when it is done, I am more interested where the HP ends...the surprising thing is the torque curve...but I am keeping that up my sleeve for the moment.. :spoton: I can tell you it is well over 450 NM...so I drive around in top gear ...everywhere! Ask A1 how it just GRUNTED up the Hill at Noosa.
R

#10 _majuva33_

_majuva33_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

Sounds good, Rory :spoton:

I can't remember my torque figures, but I'd say, yours would be a fair bit more than mine.

Mark

#11 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:16 AM

Sounds like a good combo man! Just FYI i am running a single Carter black with a Holley reg in TREMOR with full half inch lines including the 1/2 inch tap into the tank and i havent had an issue yet even at 7800rpm in top gear :rockon: ......top value and very reliable!

Cheers :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users