hemi 265 in to lj

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _lj chev_

_lj chev_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:01 PM

hey i've seen a few small threads about the topic but i couldn'd find them so i guess i'll ask again :fool: . whats involved in doing the conversion and how do people go about mounts and gear boxes? i have seen a few people also using xr6 turbo components and modifying them to work with the 265. sounds like fun! has anything like that been done b4?

#2 _Baronvonrort_

_Baronvonrort_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:57 PM

Lj chev
I have a 265 hemi in my UC hatch and it is RTA approved.

It was a pretty easy conversion.

Sump, engine mounts,gearbox crossmember and exhaust all required a little custom work to fit.Be a tighter fit in a LJ.

I have run a cast iron celica box then changed to w57 supra and both were fine.

The motor is longer than a holden 6 so electric fan was needed as well.

I have my UC hatch rolling shell for sale with custom extractors complete stainless exhaust,genie and walker stainless mufflers and all the bits for installing the 265 including engine mounts and gearbox crossmember.The suspension is fully rebushed with nolathane,lowered king springs 4 inches at front 2 at rear,boxed rear trailing arms bilstein shocks,column has new bearings,rack reconditioned,new ball joints and tie rods,new steering uni joint and nolathane coupling,14x7 hotwires with a509 yokohamas,saas steering wheel,chromed pedals,sle dash.

The body is better than most hatches as it spent most of its life garaged.

Col Graham raced historic mk2 jag,he won the comp and said this is the best handling and balanced car he has ever driven.

Weight of complete car 1170kgs.

I have spent thousands and it would be cheaper to buy mine for less than the cost of the stainless exhaust and it is already RTA approved and engineered for the 265 hemi.It was first registered as a 265 hemi 14 years ago.I have never been hassled by the wallopers because rego paper states Modified vehicle.

It appears the UC was one of the best handling toranas yet no one seems interested because it didnt have the 253/308.A 265 hemi eats red holden V8's.

Pm me if you want to know more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users