#26 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

took the kids out today,some really nice toranas out there,got some weird looks
cause the kids where saying everytime they saw a ford look at sh#tbox dad,and headbutt yelling out fords suck as fords drove past,good day out kids loved it exspecially the burnouts and powerskids,better atomsphere than the sumernats gets my vote,wont be goin to the nats again(after what happened to my wife and young headbutt)

#27 _SIR 2DR TORRIE_

_SIR 2DR TORRIE_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

i went down for a look today (car still not done) IMA400 you did bloody well in the drags today mate (2nd place) saw some nice torana's there and got taken around the track in an LJ (done up like an lc) with an injected 5L in it (thats what i'm doing). a great day good to see an alcohol free event so there was no pissed knobs hanging around. :D

#28 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

Yeah it was a farily good event.

was it just me or was there alot more carnage this year :<_<: some really nice cars were destroyed including a mates very tuff land rover.

i left early today who won the off street drags and powerskids?

just read a few posts up DOG 355 your car is insane :spoton: very tuff.

Edited by ChevLX_77, 02 March 2008 - 05:46 PM.

#29 _ima400_

_ima400_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

trick & manswetto beat me in the final of the drags . i think ifryem won the powerskid

#30 _ima400_

_ima400_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

Didnt make it out today as i have to work but had a great day friday driving my car, but it was a bit expensive as now i really need to build a 355.
looks like you had fun ima400 in the hour of power, sorry i didnt get to say hi. Bring on next year's powercruise i say

yeh had a ball , the oficials stoped it early because of me & gassed for stopping in the main straight , well the rest you know what we did

#31 _lcv871_

_lcv871_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

yer there was some crashes alright the guy in the commodore ute went past us on the straight and i was saying to my mate how nice it sounded and a couple of turns later the thing is hard into the wall, ouch

#32 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

Hi GUys, am I interpreting this right?

Did this years PowerCruise turned into Hoonsville? lol Or was it just a case of collatoral damage.

Herne

#33 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

wet grass i think played a big part cars would just slid into the walls.

#34 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

ALX 304 took out the power skid record (AWSUM)

cheers Keith

#35 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

wet grass i think played a big part cars would just slid into the walls.

Ahh OK thanks Callum, all good then!

For a horrid moment I thought it had gone the way of Summernats :)

Will ring you one evening during the week.

Cheers
Herne

#36 _DOG355_

_DOG355_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:23 AM

just read a few posts up DOG 355 your car is insane :spoton: very tuff.

Thanks mate!

Had a top weekend, got into the last 10 for the street drag finals. IMA400 congrat's on taking 2nd place, it was a close race with the T&M capri!!!

#37 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

pics of the land rover are on dragster.com

http://dragster.com....der=ASC&start=0

#38 _ima400_

_ima400_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

nothing like summernats just a few guys took it a little to far . thanx dog355

#39 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

So it never rained fark wish i stayed now :cry:

#40 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Congrats to ima400, you really stuck it to the Capri in the final. Well done with the dyno result as well. Your car sounded nice all weekend. BTW, nice little show on the main straight during HP.

DOG355, your car sounds so tuff, well done mate !!

DD

#41 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

Yeh it was a good event. I think I've got some video footage of IMA400s display and the commentators having a go at him, I'll have a look tonight.

My mate put his skyline into a barrier in the drifts too.

#42 _ima400_

_ima400_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Congrats to ima400, you really stuck it to the Capri in the final. Well done with the dyno result as well. Your car sounded nice all weekend. BTW, nice little show on the main straight during HP.

DOG355, your car sounds so tuff, well done mate !!

DD

they cut the 1/2 hour of power short only 4 laps , they recon we where getting carried a way ( i dont know where they got that idea from ) . car was strong all weekend would have liked to go on the same dyno i qualified on , i made a fuel change was hoping for a bit moore , thanx for everyones kind word all weekend . & to every one who came out & cheered , claped , whistled me back down the return road after the final of the drags THAT FELLING IS THE BEST . i hope oneday some of you guys can get to feel how i felt , that will stay with me for ever.

another thing fellas if you are thinking of putting drag radials on your car , stop thinking & do it . i ran a PB on friday with them first time ive tryed them . anyone who was a the track would have seen mark hayes do that huge wheelstand he was on them as well . :D

#43 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

i saw you run on friday night and at the powercruise too.car sounds awesome. care to share some engine specs? :spoton:

#44 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

another thing fellas if you are thinking of putting drag radials on your car , stop thinking & do it . i ran a PB on friday with them first time ive tryed them . anyone who was a the track would have seen mark hayes do that huge wheelstand he was on them as well . :D

Hey mate are u saying that you found that drag radials out perform full slicks? If so thats pretty interesting

#45 _ima400_

_ima400_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

Hey mate are u saying that you found that drag radials out perform full slicks? If so thats pretty interesting

i think the stiff side wall helped my car , more & more guys are yousing stiff side wall slicks , that will be next

#46 _ima400_

_ima400_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:55 PM

has anyone got any photo's ?

#47 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Here is a couple of you I pinched from Street Commodores......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!

#48 _ima400_

_ima400_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

let me tell you they where no static burnouts , who ever was there would be able to tell you that :D

#49 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

I can vouch for that IMA400, had a great view from the grandstand. I can't believe that they halted proceedings early, it was champagne stuff :spoton:

#50 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

Not an action pic, but still......

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users