uc boby number

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _just40_

_just40_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

ok i just got the wife a uc for $600 stock as,and i found a bit of rust about the size of a 10c coin.now the body number is take from which of the 3 plates,if it is the one on the drivers side all is good,can some one tell me what the 3 plates mean.
anyway i am new here so i will be around from time to time asking a few Q.
this is our 4th car,we also have a tg gemini and a 57 fe and a59 fc,so i am holden as they come.

#2 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

Hi just40.

It depends what you mean by body number.

The Holden body number is found on the 2nd line of the body plate. This is the plate that has model number, paint number, trim number etc. & the eng.trans & r axle options listed.

The Holden VIN (vehicle ID number) is the one on the long skinny plate & will start with AUC or BUC.

The Holden Vehicle Serial Number (stamped into the body itself), more commonly called the chassis number is located near the canister. This stamped number is often missing or hard to locate. Missing because the panel was replaced as part of a collision repair or hard to read because of too many layers of paint applied over it since manufacture. To confuse the issue this number is now called the vehicle's VIN by the RTA . This number is also repeated on the Compliance plate, the plate that lists the ADRs & has the date on it. If it doesn't match somebody has swapped plates. This is the most important number legally as it is the one used in RTA & police records to ID the car along with the engine number.

Dr Terry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users