RIM HELP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _levis_

_levis_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:37 PM

hey im looking to get some 15 by 8 inch rims with 265 and 245 rubber to fit my lx which runs the original stud pattern but im having trouble finding any rims that will fit, ive been to all the tyre shops in town and none of them seem interested and wernt much help, would any one be able to suggest some nice rims (deep dish to fill the flares) that will fit the torry? if not wats involved in changing the stud pattern? thanks

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:31 PM

If you're going to change the stud pattern, it would make sense to upgrade the brakes at the same time. For $1100 Hoppers Stoppers will sell you a kit to upgrade the front brakes with a twin piston ( AU 111 ) caliper and a 298 MM disc with any stud pattern you require. For the back either get a 9" or BW, whichever you prefer.

If you want big Torana pattern rims, it would help if we knew what state you lived in. Suburb would also help.

#3 _levis_

_levis_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

WA in the pilbra karratha which makes things hard but i dont mind ordering them form where ever WA would be nice, im not to keen on changing the stud pattern tho is it hard? i do plan on upgrading the brakes later on which is the reason behind wanting a 15 inch rim i think it is the minimum u need for the hopper stoppers kit?

Edited by levis, 12 February 2006 - 01:56 PM.

#4 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

For the basic Hoppers kit you need minimum 15" rims. They have another kit that needs 17" + RIMS. The kit is easy to install if you have basic mechanical skills. Same with the diff. You should be able to buy it ready to bolt in. If you want the stud pattern changed, you order the Hoppers kit and the diff with the stud pattern you want. No charge for a stud pattern change with the Hoppers kit.

If you think you may need a stronger diff, then I suggest you change the stud pattern as the 15" Torry rims aren't easy to find. Much easier in Commodore and AU pattern.

#5 _levis_

_levis_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

thanks for the help chopper much appreciated

#6 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

BTW, if you do change the diff. you could be looking at up to $2K. Not cheap, but breaking diffs soon adds up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users