Shifty

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Torana288_

_Torana288_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

Hey there, wondering what your thoughts are on 3spds vs supra 5s.
its in an LX sedan, 173 (standard for now), and its on the tree at the moment. I've heard that its a
pain in the arse to fit the supra box (no avail. crossmembers etc).

I'm just chasin the 5th gear is all really, where does the 3spds 3rd gear sit with
the supra (ratio wise, i'm guessing it'll be round 4th in the supra???)

Cheers

P.S. the diff is 2.78:1

#2 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

top gear in a Holden 3 or 4 speed is 1:1 ratio and so is 4th in a Toyota 5 speed. A celica box should be good enough behind your 202 and you often see these on ebay for reasonable prices.
However an Aussie 4 speed will bolt straight into your Torana, don't even need to change the clutch or bellhousing (or the crossmember or tailshaft) so they are a much easier conversion.

#3 _Torana288_

_Torana288_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

Cheers mate,

the Aussie 4spd will only give me a more gradual ride tho hey...

I've still got the bench seat in so i'll probably keep it on the tree for now if its stil gonna be 1:1. (its pretty economic with 2.78:1 diff). I bought the 5spd to put in but the tailshaft an cross member are out of a HZ.. too long. The bellhousing is correct tho

#4 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

Cheers mate,

the Aussie 4spd will only give me a more gradual ride tho hey...

I've still got the bench seat in so i'll probably keep it on the tree for now if its stil gonna be 1:1. (its pretty economic with 2.78:1 diff). I bought the 5spd to put in but the tailshaft an cross member are out of a HZ.. too long. The bellhousing is correct tho

where are you located mate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users