Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

That looks great. It reminds me that i need to do more track days.

#3 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

Awesome, how many bits have you changed to convert it to track spec?

#4 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

Fairings,exhaust,powercommander,gearing,quick action throttle,ohlins TTX rear shock & ohlins fork cartridges thats about it
Hopefully will be doing 58s around barbs next state round :spoton:
Next round is 29/6

#5 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:31 PM

Good stuff, looks like lots of fun! I've got big respect for you guys - takes big balls to push one of those things to the limits on the track.

Keep us up to date on how you go... :spoton:

#6 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

Very nice!!!

So is this yours or a work funded beast?

#7 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

Good stuff, looks like lots of fun! I've got big respect for you guys - takes big balls to push one of those things to the limits on the track.

Keep us up to date on how you go...  :spoton:

Yep...ditto...I cant do it. I have no probs holding the throttle flat going past 200 in my Torrie on a race track...but on a bike... pppfffttt ...bugger that, I get scared going past 140 on a bike :huh:
Good luck with it. :D

#8 _Lxrana_

_Lxrana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:02 PM

I've done both car and bike but the feeling of getting a corner right with the sound of your knee scrapper sliding along the road is just unreal. It's even better when the back wheel brakes traction and rear wheel steers the bike round the corner. Very cool indeed.

Posted Image

#9 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

Hell yeh!! :clap:

#10 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

Well had 1st tuning day on new bike today f**k me what a hand full
Need to make some changes will drop a touth of rear spkt to tame it down a little and that will also lengthen the wheel base a bit
You just cant get on the gas it just wants to turn itself over good fun for playing but no good for going fast
But even though i had to fight it still did some quite fast times got down to 59.4 not bad time for practice day :rockon:

#11 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

Great stuff, I've ridden big capacity jap bikes all my life and to see what theyre turning out now is bloody amazing, nice job on the lap times too. I'll keep an eye on your thread..

Best of luck mate!!

PJ

:spoton:

#12 _gstar_

_gstar_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

It's even better when the back wheel brakes traction and rear wheel steers the bike round the corner.

im fearfull of this point, still yet to push it. curiosity killed the cat they say, lets hope my draggin jeans are armco railing proof.

The bike looks awesome, what were you riding previously?

#13 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

My last bike was the 06/07 blade just one of the perks of working in a bike shop your allways on the laytest bikes :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Posted Image

Edited by mumbo, 15 June 2008 - 10:00 AM.

#14 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

Dammit....Now i want a jap litre bike :(

Lol, got 1.45 litres in the HD but its still slow :P. 09 model Kwaka ZX-10 would be something to have a glance at if the info i've gotten so far is any good...

Cheers.

#15 _Lxrana_

_Lxrana_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

The blade would probably be the easier of the litre bikes to ride, doesn't feel like your quick but the stop watch tells a different story. I went from a gixer to a blade and couldn't believe how easy it was to ride fast. The kwaka has e rep for arm tearing power but having harsh suspension. The gixer is an all rounder and the R1 needs suspension work to keep up.

I WANT MY BIKE BACK. Bloody interest rates.

The most important part of a bike is to get your suspension set to the rider weight, new springs etc and it will feel unreal. Am I right MUMBO

#16 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

Dont buy a kwaka horid bike and no resale my mates wife had a zx10 lost $10000 in 2 years.
Yes suspension does make big dif thats why i spent $6000 on ohlins and had one of the best men in bikes set it up.
Will let you no how i go at next state round , round 3 is 29/6 fingers crost all goes well

#17 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

All i've ever had is Kwakas, besides the HD...Might be time to try something new i suppose....Honda does look interesting after all.

Cheers.

#18 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

So what your saying is you have never been on a bike that stops or turns :huh:
Do your self a faver go and ride some other bikes trust me you will like it :spoton:

#19 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

I have noticed the ZZR 600 is a bit hard to steer, i thought it was just me being inexperienced. Goes like a mother f*cker but yeah, really hard to get stuck right into a corner, feels very unbalanced...Kawasaki thing?

#20 _Marshall_

_Marshall_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

This is the last place I thought I'd be posting pics of me at PI

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

Well we had round 3 yesterday & first outing for new bike.
I had some mixed result mainly to do with the shity weather.
Came 2nd in the B grade race should have one.
In the superbikes had a 5th,4th & 6th made a big gamble on last race went out on wets as the track was damp and looked like it was going to rain.
At 1st it looked like it was going to pay of was up to 2nd but the track was drying out and the tyres started to over heat it became a mater of just trying to stay on.
In the one good dry race got down to 59.3 not bad for 1st race on a new bike still need to make some changes.The crowd did seam to like the power wheelies down the strait thougth & i managed to finnish 5th overal in the superbikes :rolleyes:

PS. i am slowly building a new bottem end for mumbo just a 330 as i havnt got the money for a 355 should be ready for the WA powercruize.

#22 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

#23 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

haha, thats awesome!

#24 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Nice little blacky :rockon:
Posted Image

#25 ollie

ollie

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:01 AM

Love it when people do performance mods to bikes that are already insane as they are...
Got a friend who owns a bike performance shop, they take off the brake resevoirs and plug the top of the resevoir connecting hose to save weight, to me that is ultimate performance,
Nice photos,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users