What Pollutions gear On 77 LX

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 _bango_

_bango_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

What Pollutions stuff should be on 77 LX? Just wondering as looknig at one,seem to have a black canister...only?

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

Sounds like everythings missing. I'll see if I can get some good shots of my UC engine bay.

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:26 PM

Here are some photos of my 77 LX Engine bay, not fantastic pics but should do the trick. If you want me to check anything, just ask coz the car's outside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

Heath, most of your stuff is also missing.

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:55 PM

lol, doesn't suprise me. It'll all be missing when the LPG goes on.

#6 _bango_

_bango_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

Thanks CHOPPER..

#7 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

Is your 77LX, manufactured b4july 76, it wont need all the stuff, only the carbon canister
Bango, has Chopper sent you a pic?He may have the only Holden thats still got all of its adr27a stuff still on it. I know that even 15years ago, when seeking out my current fleet of UC's that it was nigh on impossible to find any Holden with the stuff all there
There is quite a lot of stuff thats there for adr27a that you might not be visible in photos too.
All ive got is the Gregory's manual pics which are too small and useless to scan.
Heath, I assume you posted yours as tongue in cheek on how to not meet emission regs

Here's a list of what you need:
pcv
line from rocker cover to air cleaner assembly with filter
pcv valve to manifold
thermostat valve in aircleaner assembly
vac operated valve on tube of aircleaner connected to flexible stove pipe to draw underbonnet air or preheated air.
Idle stop solenoid
Vac advance solenoid - typically attached to thermostat cover
Thermal vacc switch - attached directly to top of thermostat cover
Cold feed switch -between 2 and 3 spark plugs on head
Carbon canister
Switch on transmission for top gear
Exhaust gas heat valve - valve in exhaust manifold
Exhaust gas recirculation valve - vacc operated, sits on exhaust manifold.

#8 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:19 PM

Sounds like everythings missing. I'll see if I can get some good shots of my UC engine bay.

Hmmm, looks like I need to chase up some bits for rego as well.

#9 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

Looks like a pre-27a carby and manifolds too.

#10 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:18 PM

You don't actually need all of that for a Roadworthy do you. I just posted that because I thought it was basically the bare minimum that people wouldn't fuss about too much. I doubt I have more than a third of the crap you just mentioned there Devilsadvocate.

Surfmaster, were you referring to my car? The engine's out of a HQ or something so I dunno what gear it has. Either way, it's not staying so it doesn't bother me.

#11 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

You don't actually need all of that for a Roadworthy do you. I just posted that because I thought it was basically the bare minimum that people wouldn't fuss about too much. I doubt I have more than a third of the crap you just mentioned there Devilsadvocate.

Surfmaster, were you referring to my car? The engine's out of a HQ or something so I dunno what gear it has. Either way, it's not staying so it doesn't bother me.

:rolleyes: Ooops, sorry Heath thought that was the car in question at the start of the post

#12 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

Don't know if this is of any help, but this is an ADR27A V8 with ALL the correct pollution gear connected

Posted Image

Edited by REDA9X, 19 February 2006 - 07:34 PM.

#13 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

Mick

I have a question..

Where the hell do you get original TCS, TCV and EGR valves from??

I have tried GMH but they weren't real helpful..

cheers
Mick

#14 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

As for sourcing all the parts, most of them look like they ended up in the bin, Id try wreckers 1st.

Yes you do need every bit of it, however, I would guess most corner rwc places dont get excited about it because it is them that then has to go about getting all the bits and get it working properly,doesnt make it legal though.(a major flaw in our rwc system in my opinion.......the people issuing rwc's should have nothing to do with repairing the vehicle)
Heath - I only noticed the carbon canister, what else do you have that makes up the one third of the stuff?
Atm, Id say you can get away with anything, they could pull up every 76-80 Holden and put a canary on it if they (the epa) was really interested.

#15 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

They weren't available new 15 years ago. Wreckers are the only place I've seen them. Problem is trying to find wreckers with the bits these days.

#16 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:41 AM

The TCS valve on my car was brand new, I bought it about 2 years ago. Maybe they are now NLA.

#17 _bango_

_bango_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:30 AM

Thats some info...Mime is 7/77 plate,only thing onit is the black canister,and it doesn.t seem to go tomany places..as for stuff from the manifold,extractors are in place here,think there's a return line to the fule tank inplace...Really need to get up close to one..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users