enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

If I get a chance I'll go and take pics of the OEM tie-rod ends in the car.

#52 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

These other ones I ordered should be here tomorrow or Monday it looks like, so I'll be getting pictures and compare them then. I'll have to peek under my car and see if the zerk fitting was in the same location as the other older end I pulled off a spare rack I have (the old one in the picture I have been comparing too...see how it compares to the new ones coming that way.

#53 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

Well.....I'm trying, but not doing too well so far :blink2:

I found one that seemed to be the correct length, stud size, and as per the specs I found online, the correct 9/16 female thread end...

But.....

Got it here, and compared up visually spot on, but the rack thread side of it is metric, not 9/16 :(

Just have to keep looking around it looks like !

Attached Files

• Attached File  004.JPG   457.31K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  003.JPG   508.02K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  002.JPG   449.96K   2 downloads

#54 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

Yes funny isn't it How HOLDEN always wanted to make their own parts, engines & cars, rather than buy pre existing pieces, Then were forced to cut corners in order 2 reduce costs in other ways... I always said as a kid life would have been soo much better if our oldies had been driving around in Chevrolet & Dodge vehicles...

#55 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

Well, using thier own parts instead of sharing parts with a US car is just fine really....assuming you could still get similar OEM quality in replacement parts I suppose..

And the main reason there is no easy tie rod end here for a GM of the same era, is all of our stuff still used steering boxes, and I''m glad for one that Holden at least saw to use a rack on the Toranas !

The Holdens are made pretty well too....stuff here in the same era was not all that special either, ha ha..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users