GoPro Action Video Camera

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 _Westie_

_Westie_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

Hi everyone,

I have just started a new business selling these fantastic new digital video/still cameras. I have included all the specs and features below for your perusal. If you have any questions, send me an email to [email protected], or jump on the website at www.goprosport.com.au.

The Motorsports HERO camera cost $259.99. Forum discount = 10%. :clap:

The Motorsports HERO is a waterproof, shock resistant mini wireless digital video camera specifically designed for Motorsports. The quick release design simplifies click mounting of the camera to your car, motorcycle, helmet, etc. Developed at the track, the Motorsports HERO shoots TV resolution 30 FPS video with sound tuned to capture the grunt, squeal and stoke of driving at the limit. The HERO records 56 minutes of video at 3-mega pixel resolution to a 2GB SD card (not included). The Motorsports HERO connects to your PC using USB or RCA (cable included) connectors. The camera is operated by 2 AAA batteries, which are included.

Features:
* The quick-release polycarbonate case is crash-proof and waterproof to 30metres.
* Waterproof digital camera mounts to anywhere inside and out of a vehicle with the suction cap. Can also mount to helmets, bikes, kayaks, skis, boards and more for the ultimate hands-free experience
* Shoot up to 56 minutes of TV-quality video with sound, or activate the "photo every 5 seconds" mode to capture exciting action sequence stills
* Adjustable sound recording levels optimize camera for high-vibration situations
* Three-mega pixel sensor and glass lens offer sharp images and smooth, clear video
* Compatible with any computer, no driver required, just plug and play
* Supports up to 2GB SD card (sold separately)
* "Always On" mode lasts over three hours
* Runs on two AAA batteries

Specs:
* Motion JPEG Video Compression, 512 x 384 @ 30 Fps
* Still Photos at 3 Mega pixels
* Camera Zoom range is fixed focus @ 48 millimeters
* Glass lens f2.8 millimeters
* SD Card memory - Up to 2 GB
* Still Photo self timer, 10sec.
* USB/RCA TV cable
* Uses 2 AAA's
* 100 grams

Kit Includes:
* GoPro Hero 3 Video/Still Camera
* Waterproof/Crash proof camera housing
* Suction cap
* 3 Adhesive Mount Plates
* Multi-Angle Side Mount and small arm links that enable camera to position in any angle
* USB and AV Cable
* Can be upgraded to include all mounting features available on the Helmet and Digital HERO

To see some great footage click here GoPro videos

#2 _Westie_

_Westie_
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

For FATHERS DAY we are offering FREE delivery Australia Wide on any camera purchase.

Thats $15 free.

Why not get your dad a great 'useable' gift, and if your the Dad, then you know what I'm talking about
:spoton:

We can have it sent the next day, and if required, express so you get it asap!

Posted Image

#3 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

My Dad's 80 and drives an '84 Corolla :huh:

#4 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

My Dad's 80 and drives an '84 Corolla :huh:

Bet you he wears a hat when he drives too! LOL

#5 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

if i had spare cash i would have one of these now ahwell looks like i no what im geting for xmas my dad would have no use for this as he drives with his skirt on

#6 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

Bet you he wears a hat when he drives too! LOL

Why? Does Makka? :huh:

#7 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Count me in as interested too.

Once the engine and gear box are fixed and back in.
I will be in a better position to afford one.
So hopefully next month if all goes well.

#8 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:37 AM

Why? Does Makka? :huh:

Old man in a hat? or are you too old to know that saying...

#9 _Westie_

_Westie_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

Count me in as interested too.

Once the engine and gear box are fixed and back in.
I will be in a better position to afford one.
So hopefully next month if all goes well.

No problems with next month...i'll be here.

MRLXSS - If you Dad's 80, then im sure he'll let you borrow it from time to time. It's just like buying roller rockers for your missus :rockon:

#10 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

Hey westie
I am very interested in you camera system.
Is there any place in melbourne that I could come and have a look at the unit and discuss the mounting as to whether CAMS will allow the use of the suction cup systemas opposed to being solid mounted
chers
peter sneddon

#11 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

CAMS have a tech article out stating only hard mount...max 1kg weight...and next year 2009...maximum weight of unit will be 100grms!!..Thereby wiping out cameras in cars.
R

http://www.camsmanua.../techdocs/T-401[1].pdf

Edited by rorym, 23 August 2008 - 03:22 PM.

#12 _Wangman_

_Wangman_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

This one is 100 grams isnt it?

#13 _Westie_

_Westie_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

This one is 100 grams isnt it?

I have looked through all the documents on the CAMS website, and the latest information is what RORYM has found above. I could not get his link to work, so this one may work?
http://www.camsmanua...au/techdocs.asp

Basically the details are so,
Form: T-401 This document provides guidelines for the mounting of video or still cameras to an automobile.
Guidelines - Where a camera or lens unit fitted to an automobile exceeds a weight of 1 kg, it is strongly recommended that the mounting of the video camera or lens unit be carried out in the following manner:
� A cradle should be attached to the safety cage where present by means of a clamp style bracket secured by at least two 6mm class 8.8 bolts.
NOTE: Refer to Drawing 1 below for suggested cradle material specifications and design.
� Where no safety cage is present, the cradle should be securely mounted to a substantial section of interior bodywork.
� Where a remote style lens is used, the main unit should be mounted in a metal box, securely fixed in place (eg. 5mm thick alloy held in place by
minimum 3 X 6mm class 8.8 bolts).
� The use of the � Whitworth screw mount present on most cameras should not be used on its own.

NOTE FOR COMPETITORS: It is foreshadowed that from 1 January 2009, the maximum weight of any camera, lens or recording unit mounted to other than the floor shall be 100g.

I have just now weighed the camera again, and the camera unit itself is 50 grams including batteries and SD card. The weight of the camera and the mounting housing (polycarb casing) is 110 grams. So i guess it depends on how you look at it. To me this camera is like a lipstick lens which does not have a mounting device as part of it's own assembly, this camera requires the casing to mount, and therefore the actual weight of the camera is 50 grams!

If someone pulled me up for the camera and mounting housing being 110 grams, i could easily cut away 10 grams of excess plastic to meet the requirement.

So RORYM, i don't think this will wipe out cameras in cars, just remove the ability to mount your home personal camcorder on a bracket, or use a chunky lipstick camera etc.

#14 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

How come this camera is only $179.99 on their web site, no members discount?

#15 _Westie_

_Westie_
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

How come this camera is only $179.99 on their web site, no members discount?

Do you mean the manufacturers website in the USA? If thats the case its in US dollars, and that is in the USA. Obviously there is postage, and then you have the issue of warranty if anything goes wrong, which you would need to send to the US. The $259.99 RRP is given to me by GoPro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users