• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _Torry360_

_Torry360_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:52 AM

hey all
first post here, so hi to all. Sorry if this is a stupid question but
wanting a bit of a change, i have a vl with a 360ci carby, turbo 350, one piece tailshaft, ford 9inch, fuel cell big fuel lines and big carter fuel pump. The question is will all this go straight into a torana with minimal effort and mods and what needs to be modded? I know about the steering rack and other little bits and pieces from what i read on the 6 to 8 conversion but is there anything else?

Does it matter which model torana it bolts into or is there an easier model to dump this into and if I buy a shell that had a v8 in it already do i need an engineers report? It will be more of a strip car with occasional street use. Thanks in advance. If anyone is selling a torana V8 shell pm me. Located in melb
cheers

Edited by Torry360, 23 February 2006 - 10:53 AM.

#2 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

I am fitting a VN motor to my Torry, the car is already a V8. I just enquired with RTA and I will need to have the car reinspected my engineers report ammended by the engineer.

My son has a s/l LX hatch shell for sale, the shell is bare and primed only, needs blocking back etc before undercoat is applied, the shell is rolling but is bare and nothing comes with it. The shell was prepped for a show car project which my son no longer wants to complete.

This shell is not cheap.....and has had extensive work done to it.

Cheers
Herne

#3 _Jewboy_

_Jewboy_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

360? If its a 308 block then you need a HQ sump for the engine, 9" and tail shaft will need modding to suit torana. As far as steering rack goes you don't need to touch it.

#4 _Torry360_

_Torry360_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:03 AM

its the 304 carby block out of the VL. yeah its stroked to 360ci. i'm just after a cheap shell nothing expensive, i've been thinking about this for a while so just weighing up costs and time, if its worth it it will be done.

#5 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:53 PM

Hi Torry360
where are you located mate?????
cheers Keith

#6 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:46 AM

Putting it into a lh/x would be the easiest option.

#7 _Torry360_

_Torry360_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

located in melb, yeah i was thinking of an lx coupe, any reason why it would be the easiest?

#8 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

LH/X had a V8 option, so less need changing for it to physically fit.
And easier to engineer/rego.

Grant..

#9 _Torry360_

_Torry360_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

cool, thanks for that.

#10 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

At the risk of being flamed I would say don't bother. For the amount of expense needed you'll not gain anything performance-wise (VL's weigh in fairly similar to a LX) braking and suspension would be a step backwards, parts harder to get, and also you'll need to modify the trans crossmember, tailshaft, diff etc to get it into a Torrie.

Something to consider.

#11 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:27 AM

Seems like a goer, if you do it, show us pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users