- - - - -

joshes new and immaculate lx torana

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
539 replies to this topic

#526 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

didn't you bare metal it with flap discs and pay someone a shitload to do it "properly" already?
ps josh soda don't remove bog....waste of $$$ imo

Edited by Quagmire, 02 April 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#527 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

no bog to remove though quags yes i did sand it but the panel shops wants to start clean i have no problem in that. and yes i #@$^%& up and payed someone else to do it but they lost interest.

#528 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

no one does soda blasting anymore because it affects the paint later on down the load, most have closed up shop

#529 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

no one does soda blasting anymore because it affects the paint later on down the load, most have closed up shop

The ones that have closed shop are the ones that dont know what there doing our local guy is still going strong and busy i have had parts done by him no problems what so ever

#530 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

The problem it seems with soda is that it leaves a film and some painters are being caught out, thinking its like sandblasting where they can paint straight over the surface left from the garnet.

Get into it Josh, she's been a long time coming. I'd like to see you finish this one. How's the ute going?

#531 _TJ355_

_TJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Good stuff looking forward to the updates just remember from now on NO BULL!!

#532 _Shanes77LxHatch_

_Shanes77LxHatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

got mine blasted by Imperial Blasting aka. RestoPrep and they use crushed glass to blast with, excellent result and removes bog and all. From what I've seen/heard soda isn't the best choice.

#533 _chev400_

_chev400_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

omfg....and i mean OH MY frOckING GOD!!!... what a frOcking waste of 90+ mins of reading up this bullshit piece of piss thread, by page 5 i was into it, by page 10 im like i hope this thing looks as mean as he says, by page 15 i was lmao at all the knives being thrown at you, by page 20 i was falling asleep, and at the end......and after god knows how many years....NOTHIN...ZIP....ZILCH... a close comparison the fred flintstones car.

Josh you have to be kidding mate...sorry but i have to agree with all these guys giving you grief, fair enough your doing a project and you have all your big plans of this and that, big $$$$$ mountain motors and doing all these mods and other crap......you remind me of when i was 16 when i was a dreamer, cause thats all your doing, so WAKE THE frOck UP... you have been updating and posting pics for years, yeah proper full rebuilds takes years due to time and money to do it properlly...but lets face it...YOUVE GOT frOckING NOWHERE!!!!

Most guys who have half a clue would have what you have done in just weeks, i've stripped my engine bay....cut....welded and sanded and will be ready for painting within just 10 days, painting the bay over the easter break, so my bay will be finished from start to finished paint in just 2 weeks..... i'm giving myself 24 -30 months to finish my project and by then you might have just done your 3rd coat of primer and still $8261 from your blown whatever your gettin and still no closer to your 2036 completion date, just take a listen to these guys...they make a good point, i really do hope you acheive your goal, but by the time its finished no one will see it cause they wont be lookin at this thread no more....ive think youve already lost a few

#534 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

you think this is funny... read the ute build up...

#535 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Well the utes gone somewere at least. Hey dan hows the 4by btw I heard u rolled it or some shit?

#536 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TMTkedIUX8U

#537 _TJ355_

_TJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Comon Josh don't change the subject to Dans 4BY

#538 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Must be another Dan...

I'm just staying tune for your next round of lies :)

#539 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,839 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Should save you heaps in the long run.

I had to chuckle at this comment.

#540 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:25 PM