Such a Brilliant car mate!

#377 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Finally sold our commodore a few weeks ago and picked up a new friend for the Torana!! See a pattern emerging here, just waiting for some decent weather on my days off to get some pictures of them together. It's an 04 VY series II Clubby and it's manual, our ss was auto and the missus loved it but I think i've converted her now, she now loves the manual after getting used to it. I've only put the GTS rims on it so far, but have plans to drop it down a bit and repaint the sideskirts and front and rear bar with the silver inserts and put some new badges back on it for now. Cold air intake and maffless tune are on the cards, but that'll be after the torrys finished first.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#378 _marosd1_

_marosd1_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Congratulations you have done a magnificent job in this rebuild, well planned and executed, now the good part is to enjoy it, I have read the whole project twice and enjoyed it especially the pics. I'm about to start in a LS1 conversion into a LX hatch, I have a 2002 SS commodore as a complete donor car, I would like to know what mods you made to the dash to fit and love to see more pictures on the dash modification, cheers..

#379 _browndog64_

_browndog64_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Great job Les. Love the concept of Torana character combined with modern luxuries. Did you ever get the dash sorted. I would like to do something similar to come up with an everyday driver with character. I love the look of the dash but if it proves to be more of "a good idea at the time" I might just stick with a standard dash and go for a custom console and concealed A/C and leave it at that.

Keep up the good work.

#380 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

It's been a while so thought i'd post a few new photo's, Has been very slow progress since it's been registered, will put up some pics of the dash when I can although it's still not finished it is coming together.

#381 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

Oh wow!! I've been waiting patiently to see when this would be finished & on the road & you haven't disappointed! This is an amazing piece of work & a credit to your perseverance & determination to get it done. Can't wait to see the interior shots...this is magic looking car!!  :rockon:  :clap:  :spoton:  

#382 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

man thats nice well done :)

#383 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Geez that's nice.

#384 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

That is beautiful! Love the colour, the wheels, the driveline, the drop tank. Thats perfect!

#385 _Lamo_

_Lamo_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

That is awesome. I hope you don't mind but I've flogged one of those pics and set it to my desktop background as inspiration. If my LH looks a quarter as good as that, I'll be happy.

#386 SmacT

SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Car:LX 4dr 383, TKX, BW

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wow. What a great car! Well done.

#387 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for the comments, definitely a long time coming but it's payed off. Take all the pics you want LAMO, I did the same when I was building it haha, different car on the background every week lol.

Only got a couple of dash pics, dash hasn't been covered yet but once its all done I think it'll come up really good, Still gotta get a hsv steering wheel, passenger air bag cover, fuse panel cover, console lid and fit the glovebox so plenty to do yet. I've been really slack doing the dash as it was a real pain in the backside and still continues to be.

#388 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Holy Smokes that's unreal.

#389 _hatch76_

_hatch76_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Those photos from behind look sick, awesome ass end.
The dash looks great along with the rest of he car, top stuff.

#390 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Beautiful.  Absolutely stunning.

#391 _SLEDGE_

_SLEDGE_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Looks fantastic, can't believe how how nice that donk looks sitting in the Torana bay.

My question... is it FAST?!

#392 _philby26_

_philby26_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

thats awesome i cant wait to see that about the roads you have done a brilliant job

#393 hainzy

hainzy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Thats amazing. Must have been some long nights where you skinned your knuckes and wondered if it was all worth it but Im sure you can see now it certainly was!! Real credit to you mate. Well done!!

#394 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the comments

Thats amazing. Must have been some long nights where you skinned your knuckes and wondered if it was all worth it but Im sure you can see now it certainly was!! Real credit to you mate. Well done!!

Yeh mate definitely haha, had a few moments here and there but it's all worth it in the end.

thats awesome i cant wait to see that about the roads you have done a brilliant job

Thanks phil, Im sure you'll see it around somewhere, It was never built to be a trailer queen and locked in the shed so I plan on driving it as often as I can. I've got 5 years of not driving it to catch up on lol.

Looks fantastic, can't believe how how nice that donk looks sitting in the Torana bay.

My question... is it FAST?!

Thanks mate, plan on running it down the strip once everything's settled in and I've got some kays on it.  But yeh it's pretty cool to drive, Very torquey, I've got into our clubby after I've taken the torana for a drive and it makes the clubby feel like an excel haha. Nothing will ever compare to old school cars!!

#395 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks mate, plan on running it down the strip once everything's settled in and I've got some kays on it.  But yeh it's pretty cool to drive, Very torquey, I've got into our clubby after I've taken the torana for a drive and it makes the clubby feel like an excel haha. Nothing will ever compare to old school cars!!

Amen ... to that.

Great job and well done.

#396 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

looking very very nice

#397 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Any updates!? Love this thing!

#398 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi Mitch, I've been pretty slow with the updates mate but they will come eventually lol, we're just moved house and still in the process of settling in and organising my new shed, building benches ect, pretty happy as I've now got room for a hoist which will go in soon. The misses has bought me a few bits for the dash just to keep things ticking over, it's now got a complete steering wheel bolted in and I've got the passenger side airbag cover sitting in place which I need to mount before I pull the dash out for the last time.

#399 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Looking Awesome

#400 racean69

racean69