Photo

GMH-Torana Xmas get together

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#151 _bon_scott_

_bon_scott_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

I have to work tomorrow night so I'm not gunna be able to make it. Sorry everyone would've been great to go, but I'll try for the next one :(

#152 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

No Worries mick! Will give you a buzz mate!

#153 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

Can't believe it is raining :furious:

Took the day of work and finally sorted the exhaust leak and gave the car a detail for tomorrow, does anyone know if it is forecast to stop?

#154 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

Don't tell me Halil you are scared of a bit RAIN.????

cheers Keith

#155 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

ahhh im not sure if ill be able to make it now , I have 2 guys coming from sydney to see my misses car cause its for sale, hopefully if its bought and gone i might still make it. Heres hoping.

#156 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

Keith, no, I am not scared of rain but I have said this before, the car leaks water into the boot and cabin, mostly the boot. Light rain is ok, but here in Leichhardt it was hammering down. With that sort of rain, I could turn the boot into a fish pond.

Getting new rubbers is on the list of things to do, I have been trying to hold off until I make a start the body work, but that keeps getting put back so I will need to confirm which one's are the best and purchase some for the time being.

Either way I will be there.

Edited by BCR42Y, 14 November 2008 - 10:39 PM.

#157 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:01 AM

Come on Halil!!

Nothing to worry about mate! The monaro leaks worse than the titanic! Just gotto go fast enough that the drops can only hit the windscreen! LOL!

Actually theyre forcasting it to lighten/stop this afternoon, I'm at home and it's all but stopped here.

Check out the Bureau Of meteorology Website Radar loops for the current rainfall: http://mirror.bom.go...R033.loop.shtml

I've got guys working on the roof of a building in North Sydney on a BIG scaff... they rang me asking the same thing.. but they were concerned about lightning!! I dont blame them!

I think it'll be overcast but generally ok this arvo! I might not get to give the car a waterless carwash though! LOL!

#158 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

Well i got out there this morning & hosed off all the crap that comes off gum trees.

cheers Keith

#159 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:28 AM

Tis raining here again... reasonably heavy....

this wont be much fun in the monaro.. but that's life!

Think about the poor buggers at McHappy day!!

#160 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:41 AM

Cmon Tiny! As if your avatar wasnt fun! :P

Sorry Dad and I wont be there. Grandparents are moving and the rain isnt helping. Have Fun everyone and take plenty of pics!

#161 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

heheh yeah, it wasnt on the road though! LOL!

Closed track was fun!

#162 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

I'm still thinking about it...

#163 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

Stop thinking and get in the car!

1Pm @ Casula....

Be there or Be Square!

And i'll have my brother with me in the Monaro - he doesnt want to wash the commdorewhen it gets wet.. LOL!

#164 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

Check that Bureau website.... that band of rain is about GONE!!

It's lighteneing up here at home.. give it an hour and there will be no rain!

#165 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:06 AM

No Excuses now!!

the RAIN IS GONE!

#166 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

yep its dark and miserable down here but seems like the rain is gone :)

#167 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

Well guys must say we had a brilliant time and was good to meet a few new people this time round.
Thanx Anthony for lovely pizza sorry about the broken glass.
We were off a bit earlier that the rest so before I forget again, Merry Christmas to you and all your families, have a safe and prosperous one :spoton:
Posted Image

#168 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

Just like to say thank you to everybody for the invitation and the hosptality to day.
It was good to put faces to names.
Thank you Anthony for the great pizza.
Have a merry christmas one and all.
Wayne

#169 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

got home at about 20 to ten.

GPS managed to get us (with Josh following) a bit lost at one stage, and Karlie made some erratic lane changes that im sure he found hard to follow, but we hit the freeway in the end and all was fine! (karlie said to say sorry Josh!!)

Ive got some piccys from today I will throw up, im sure tracy has a few too!

As always, its nice to meet new folks, and put faces to names on a screen, also nice to catch up with the great bunch of people that make up the sydney bunch, one thing is certain though, we need to get these things up and running more often, Just not until I have a torana to bring.

Will throw the corolla up on the hoist tomorrow arvo and see if anything did actually fall off. Otherwise, those who went better get under theirs and look if anything fell off your cars and I jsut ran over it! haha.

Corolla ran fine on the way home, even with karlie giving the poor thing a flogging (not that I ever do :) )

Hope Josh got home fine, we left him buzzing along on the freeway at around hawksberry river bridge in the commodore.

Anyway, was a good day, good food and good people! almost a 12 hour trip though, left home at 11.30ish got home at near ten, so close but so far! lol.

Photos will come one day this week.

Cheers,
Chris & Karlie

#170 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

Well it was good to catch up with everyone and meet some forumers, and it would have been nice to chat with everyone but so many new faces to me today hopefully next run will be a little less rushed for me, It was a pity i couldnt make it back for pizza but i already had plans for the night and had to babysit our grand daughter.

#171 _GMH355_

_GMH355_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

The weather held off nicely and it turned out to be a good drive. It was good to catch up with the regulars and meet some new faces. Thanks to Blown308 for getting the ball rolling again and starting this thread. There seems to be a few more Toranas on the build and it will be good to see them back on the road where they belong.

All the best for Christmas and the new year.

#172 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:04 AM

Yep once again thanks for a great afternoon out!

It was great catching up with all the regulars, and putting names to a few of the newer faces too!

The run was very enjoyable, even if we got a little fragmented a couple of times but it was great fun!

All the cars went flawlessly... except one certain 4 cylinder... but we wont hold it againt ya chris... it's just funny it wasnt one of the toranas that spat something!

Mt Kiera was a great place to stop for a chat... Shame we couldnt SEE anything though.. there was a fog (cloud) covering the whole mountain most of the day! but it was great to catch up with SSHatchback again after so many years, and to just stand around and talk cars for a while!

Anthony's Pizza... Well! Considering that he forgot we were coming, He and his staff did a FANTASTIC job of feeding our very hungry tummies with some of the best pizza i've ever had! So if anyone is ever hungry in the Menai Area, they could do ALOT worse than go to BELEZZA PIZZERIA! It was fantastic!
And again it was great just to be able to sit around and talk to the great members from here who came with us!

I completely forgot to take photos of the day, I know some did so it'll be great to see some more posted up!

Thanks again to everyone who came, Especially Blown308- Wayne who is very sick and sore at the moment and still made the effort to not only organise, but come out for the cruise! We all hope you get better mate! (Dont forget to read those pamphlets i gave to tracy!!)

Cheers guys! Looking forward to the next one... and i've got a DOOZY of an idea... but will anyone come!? (See new thread!).

#173 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

Very sore and sorry this morning, but would have not missed this cruise for any reason.. what a great day again, was great to catch up with all those that came along on the cruise, those that we meet at MT Keira and those that came along for Pizza.. you guys know who you are..a couple big thanks to Keith for letting me tag along in his car, 'again' and to Frank and Rob for taking Dan in your cars.. man he has not stop talking about it.. This was a great day and the evening at the Anthony's Pizza was just amazing.. Was some of the best Pizza we have had, will definately go back..Thanks to all for a great day... lets do it again sooner rather than later....Wayne, Tracy, Trudie, Dan, Aleisha and Carlos.....

PS Some pictures to come...

#174 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

Firstly, a big thank you to Wayne (Blown308) for his efforts in not only organising yesterday but for attending. Hope you get better mate.

It was great to catch up with everyone and also get to meet some new faces. And the Pizza was great, thanks Anthony.

#175 tsn007

tsn007

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:14 AM

I agree, it was nice to catch up and meet new people,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users