Adelaide International Raceway

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 _LJ202_

_LJ202_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

Stuff AIR, I wouldn't give my money to Bob Jane, he will just screw everyone anyway. Look at Clader Park he screwed everyone again along with the government. I think everyone has to push for the new track to be built.

#27 _stinky_

_stinky_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

The situation as it stands, all info from reliable sources close to the "mover and shakers"
1. Plans for the Port Complex are well advanced.
2. No Government money is required
3. Land is needed, either grant or lease, once this is sorted it is full steam ahead.

#28 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

This state government is not interested in support as was clearly evident from interviews with polaticians on the news last week. They are of the opinion that having a controlled enviroment to race only premotes hoon behavior. A very narrow mindded view.

Those in favor of having a controlled environment do not have the voting power come election time to change that view any time soon. It's all a numbers game to them and they know all too well which side of the argument has the grater voting clout.

It was funny to read the story of a wanna be polatician already councilor in the Sunday mail caught with footage of speeding in a Hyundi Getz on face book.

#29 slx 050

slx 050

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

The new track has applied for major development status... This will fast track the approvals process... I understand the hearing is the middle next month.

I'll try and find more....

Fingers crossed!

#30 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

That was the funniest thing.
But even funnier I thought was that a reporter in the same newspaper said he thought that it wasn't a coincidence that those young Asian Jap car guys crashed not long after the Clipsal.
Had you asked them, they'd say 'the v8 whatcars?'

I think that crash was a great tragedy and a stupid action gone very wrong, and now the pollies saying that a drag track will promote 'hoon behaviour' is rediculous, we need to use this media hotspot to fastrack getting our track.

#31 _stinky_

_stinky_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

The new track has applied for major development status... This will fast track the approvals process... I understand the hearing is the middle next month.

A little bit more information than they wanted out there, but yes, something like that.

#32 _LJ202_

_LJ202_
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

Any new info??????????????????////

#33 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

Update on the Chinese whispers:

Latest is that the new track will be going ahead. It has been approved but there are a few more things to be done before building can commence. Apparently its all hush hush to stop some gready bugga (who owns the other venue) from bitching and moaning about it again. Oh crap, I just let it out of the bag, and now Im posting rumours!! LOL

As mentioned all Chinese whispers but this was supposed to come from a guy who is besties with one of the bank rollers for the new venue.

Sigh................will the rumours ever come true!!

i have heard this doing rounds at the Port.. My dad even told me about it.. But with the hush hush part i got told its because of the environmentalists/green party etc.. So when everything is all signed, sealed and delivered. Then all of those toyota prius hippies cant do anything about it..

#34 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Name:Blake

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

has anyone herd news about the track re-opening? i did but dont know wether to beleive it....

Cheers blake

#35 _PROLX_

_PROLX_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

Anybody heard that the Doorslammers will be running the 8th in september @ A.I.R?

#36 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

I've heard that from a few of the Doorslammer guys... As part of the Slamfest series that has been going around the regional centres... I haven't heard about a date yet though.

#37 _PROLX_

_PROLX_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

I really hope something happens, iv travelled 1000 n 1000k's already this year, would be good to see some racing on our home turf....

Iv read that slamfest organizers have been talking to rodney jane and getting some racing back at AIR.

i would be wrapped to at least race the 1/8 mile at AIR.

fingers crossed I guess, otherwise sit tight for the "motorplex" which I honestly cant see happening but Im all for it !!!

#38 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

:surrenderwave: i agree , i can't see a new facility in the near future despite the optimism by the lobbyists.

i think 1/8 th mile would be just fine to get the action back at least ! .. seems to be working for calder and i am sure victor and the boys would support a return.

hope the talks with rodney will be successful ..... laz

#39 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Saw a semi today with a blue hard-type trailer with what looked like either a funny-car or doorslammer on it and what looked like "Read Drag Racing" on it?

It was going the other way to me and I saw it through the tinted windows of a bloody 4WD so couldn't see much.

Is there nitro in the air around here or would they be just passing through?

#40 marko1au

marko1au

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Car:LX sadan

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Saw a semi today with a blue hard-type trailer with what looked like either a funny-car or doorslammer on it and what looked like "Read Drag Racing" on it?

It was going the other way to me and I saw it through the tinted windows of a bloody 4WD so couldn't see much.

Is there nitro in the air around here or would they be just passing through?

Hi peter if the trailer you saw is the one i think it is, then sorry they are local guys that have a very fast capri.

Edited by marko1au, 07 May 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#41 slx 050

slx 050

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

On there way at Whyalla for the last round of the season....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users