Does your partner share your passion for toranas

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

hi all, went to the central coast show and shine on the weekend ( saw 2tough torana ( awesome )) and was just wondering how many torana fans partners are into toranas as well. My girlfriend isnt the biggest fan in the world ( she even though 2tough was schmick ) but is always encouraging me to 'get into the shed and work on your car' and does not mind me having a dable on ebay for parts every now and then, so i guess im one of the lucky ones.
Its nice to have my own hobby , plus my own time in the shed, but it would always be great to have a second set of hands. Curious to see what happens, in other peoples sheds .
cheers julian

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

my partner IS my torana....enough said....

#3 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:54 PM

Hi to all
My wife can't stand my torrie she says that i should have bought a
XU1 instead of buying a SL/R5000 but i didn't have an extra 30k
cheers Keith

#4 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

Yep he LOVES toranas.....we have a SL/R project in the shed that we bought last year to restore...

plus the Monaro.....i think i was more into cars than he was when we first started going out

#5 355LX

355LX

Long Term Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

I'm a lucky one, my Mrs loves Torries, will have one of her own eventually. She's looking to cut her teeth on a HR ute to begin with!!

#6 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

A lot of you on here already know my better half (EHGIRL), so know very well she is a certified petrol head. When EvilGTR pointed out a hatchback for sale to me and I casually mentioned it to her, (not even seriously at the time), she told me to BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!! So I had to buy it!

Between us we already have 4 cars. We both want more, heaps more. My better Torana, the sedan is her favourite, she loves driving it (puts a grin on her face every time). She's always the one putting the AC/DC CD's in too. Anytime I suggest selling LXCHEV to buy something better she gives me "the evil stare" and says she'll break up with me if I do.

Her idea of a good time is cruising in the beast, tinkering around with our cars, chasing car parts and going to car shows. MINT I reckon! Lately she keeps going on about wanting to own a Torana of her own (as well as keeping her EH), but to use the Torry as a daily cruiser. As soon as we buy a house (BIG SHED), we'll start looking around for her..

So yeah I reckon it's very cool being able to share this passion for all things automotive with someone, it rocks! For Valentine's Day she bought me a concrete hot rod for the garden, it's totally cool. For birthday's and such I have scored custom number plates, giant petrol bowser display cabinet etc... someone has her priorities right!!!

:rockon: :rockon:

#7 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:22 AM

I think Tinkers likes Toranas

#8 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:07 AM

Do they have a choice?

RACV MAN

#9 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:52 AM

my wife hates car shows but i hate clothes shopping so we drag the kids to both. the show needed more toranas. but i did leave mine at home.

#10 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:53 AM

hes gona a bit wierd with his subaru atm. Im replacing the brake pads on the weekend so i'll ask him if wants to take it for a drive when i finish, might inspire him a bit. His love for oldschool is still there, its just hidden behind subwoofa's big zorsts and bloody fiddy cent, nelly crap.
i'll make sure to leave the "jimmy barnes" in the cd player if he does take it for a drive lol

#11 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

Does your partner share your passion for toranas

Nup, she doesn't. She only likes 'prestige' european cars like volgswagon, LOL

Maybe I should put in an ad

Males seeks Female
I am a 35yo male, perverted rev head, with lust for V8 Toranas. 6.2 feet tall, 100Kgs, Medium muscular build. Other interests include all Muscle cars, Muscle car magazines and film, and tradingpost. Fantasies include soapy car wash on SLR5000 performed by bikini girls and making use of the back of an SS Hatchback with Hatch-hutch.
Looking to meet approx 35yo Fem for discrete Torana cruises and thashings. Romantic walks at swap meets, buying car parts. Must enjoy greese, oil and not mind petrol fumes. Preferably non smoker, mechanically minded and not afraid of getting hands dirty. Hope to meet you soon to enjoy hot weekends engine building and restoring old Holden classics or going to the drags.

Reference Number: LX8VD77

#12 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:23 AM

My better half loves my torana ------ especially since I sold it to surfmaster and its 7hrs away :tease: -------now she doesn't have to look at it every time she comes up the driveway :clap: :clap:

mind you she now wants to know when I'm putting the 57 chev together for her :rolleyes: probably something to do with me selling her torana last year as well :spit: [ it was an original LH sl 6 cyl auto car with an original 107000ks on the clock, now a mate has it and has fitted a 350chev glide/9in and resprayed it black :rolleyes: ]

#13 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:00 AM

I am one lucky Torana nut ........

When my wife and I got together nearly nine years ago,
she was not real keen. However, going through the process
of building our current Torana (Tatianna) together from scratch
in the tiny back yard, on a VERY tight budget. She quickly learned the
amount of work, love and time that is involved. Now she loves
this car, there is a lot of pride and satisfaction having done
it all ourselves. Everytime we take Tatianna out for a drive it is a
buzz for both of us.

Since I have introduced my wife to this website,
she won't let me have a go!!!!! LOL

#14 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:07 AM

I am lucky i married a man who has the same love for old school that i have. when i met him he was 24yo with no licence (never botherer, never busted!) no car. so i guilted him into getting a licence then i trained him in the right area, holdens of course.
His first car was a holden ute, then he went sideways to a damn honda prelude. he then realised we neded a ute for all the crap we move so off he went and bought a FRAUD ute(without me there!!!). this fraud ended up after a roadworthy check that the underside was unstable with rust and was returned to the caryard where he got it, for a full refund. Off i went and got him another holden. that should teach him!!!!

Definately better having 2 in the family that like getting their hands dirty.

#15 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:13 AM

My girlfrined is bit XU1 nut too!

She tells me if I find a Strike me Pink before I find a XU1 that I want I have to buy it for her. Yeah right! but when you think about it I win on both fronts!

A small price to pay for a happy girlfriend I say! When she complains about me spending too much time on the car I can reply "Well its your car" !!!

Come on HSVGTS! as I've said it isn't too manly for your son to drive around in a pink torana! I would be more than happy to take yours off your hands!

Any body else know of any Strike me pinks ???

cheers

:spoton:

#16 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

my wife hates car shows but i hate clothes shopping

im with lx5008, but you can add shoe shopping, how many pairs of black shoes does 1 woman need.

between 2 other cars, uni and kids theres not much time for the work in progress.

James

#17 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:21 AM

My wife hates my cars...she nagged me into selling the VL I had..to get a VT...bad move.

She has nagged me into selling my Premier...but I sort of agree it has to go.

She tried to nag me into selling the Torana...thats when the foot went down. I quietly told her that the Torana was here before she was.

And the Torana is still here...but so is my wife

#18 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

im going to book my wife into a gearbox and diff shop cause she wines that much every time we go to a car show.

#19 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

Maybe I should put in an ad

Males seeks Female
I am a 35yo male, perverted rev head, with lust for V8 Toranas. 6.2 feet tall, 100Kgs, Medium muscular build. Other interests include all Muscle cars, Muscle car magazines and film, and tradingpost. Fantasies include soapy car wash on SLR5000 performed by bikini girls and making use of the back of an SS Hatchback with Hatch-hutch.
Looking to meet approx 35yo Fem for discrete Torana cruises and thashings. Romantic walks at swap meets, buying car parts. Must enjoy greese, oil and not mind petrol fumes. Preferably non smoker, mechanically minded and not afraid of getting hands dirty. Hope to meet you soon to enjoy hot weekends engine building and restoring old Holden classics or going to the drags.

Reference Number: LX8VD77s

Hahahahahaahaha PURE GOLD MATE, PURE GOLD.

#20 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:30 AM

Some of you may know Kitten_208 - and her Nationals Bronze-Trophy winning Cameo Gold LC GTR.............nuff said.

She won't let me sell the LX, no matter how pissed of with it I get.

Grant..

#21 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:35 AM

And the Torana is still here...but so is my wife

Phew, I love stories with a happy ending.

Had a Torrie when I first met the wife, had to sell that to go to Uni, but did tell her we'd buy a real SL/R 5000 one day. She loved the SL, goes weak at the knees with the SL/R 5000. Oh, if you see her driving, don't try drag her....she'll win.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 28 February 2006 - 11:36 AM.

#22 _NOI53Y_

_NOI53Y_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

I think I wcould be one of the luckiest guys on this site. Not only is my fiance a Torana nut (she loves LJ's) but she is a fully qualified mechanic :clap: . When we first started going out she had a purple 4 door LJ that had a pretty tuff 202 in it. The only thing that held it back was a stuffed auto. We sold that a while ago to buy a more reliable daily driver.

Then it was my turn. I spotted an all original LX sl with 184000 on the clock. She said "go on buy it you know you want to" :rockon: . So i did. The greatest thing is I don't need to touch any of our cars because she does it all, but I do help out. She has already built me a turbo Gemini (bit of toy, just have to get it registered ha ha), once it's back on the road she's going to help me build the torana into a drag car :spoton:

#23 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

Phew, I love stories with a happy ending.

yeah..happy ending..thats what it is...errr...umm yeah.

#24 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:56 PM

When I first hooked up with my gf (3 years back now) she hated old cars (mine included) and her dream car was an airbrushed civic :spit:

But once she saw me make an complete arse out every tosser that pulled up next to me at the lights reving up their lancers with clear tail lights, she soon saw the light. I took her down to the old Eastern Creek drags a couple of times and she saw all the rice boxes being mauled and all the crowd laughing and pointing at them she changed her mind of what she thought was cool.

Having said that, she has no intention of ever owning an old muscle car, she's a very girly girl (thats the way I like it). But she loves cruising in our friends muscle cars and fully supports me building the LX and loves it. I couldn't be happier.

Edited by QIKSLR, 28 February 2006 - 01:58 PM.

#25 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:15 PM

Hey all,

Well to reply to my other half, i wreckon i scored a good car bloke!!

He mentioned how i get him good pressies with the theme of cars, well as i told him this valentines day, i go out shopping and see something i like and think hmm if i get it for him its mine anyway, hehe.

I dont think i could ever be with a non car person, it makes me wonder how any of you guys out there can be with chics who hate cars.

Cars take up our whole lives, and i laugh when i ask my brother if hes bringing his car on a cruise, and his first comment every time without fail is to his wife "can i go to this car show or cruise?" man i dont know how he does it, if anything its me telling brett we are going to this this and this.

So yeah i think im pretty dam lucky to have found my man, not that it was hard, was stalking his mighty torrie for years!!! hehe.

One thing tho, its funny when most people see me or speak to me they just assume brett got me into cars, but that aint the case at all!! ive been in a car club me whole life, and surrounded by cars all my life. Cars are my number one passion, so im soo lucky its my mans number TWO ( i come first, hehe) passion!!!

EHGIRL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users