classic rego

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 _wildsix_

_wildsix_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

Lets just say you were driving your classic regoed car outside of the conditions and got pulled over.... what good excuses have been used to justify your driving the said vechicle.

#2 _Patrick_

_Patrick_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

Lets just say you were driving your classic regoed car outside of the conditions and got pulled over.... what good excuses have been used to justify your driving the said vechicle.

if you dont have a genuine excuse that can be varified at the time, as in say your wife is in the back seat giving birth, then not much is gong to get you off.
If your prepared to break the rules, you should be prepared to accept the consequences.

Pat

#3 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

I think he means the conditions of classic rego rather than standard road rule conditions.

Pretty hard to say your on your way to the mechanics at 7:30 on a friday night with a car load of mates
knocking back tinnies, but if its daylight and you have mates that live in the direction your headed and
those mates are mechanically minded? you could argue the point.

#4 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

A club has to approve your membership in qld to allow you to apply, so if you do the wrong thing your club will probably cancel your club rego and not think very highly of you. The conditions of use are very good, if you want to daily drive register it that way.

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:42 PM

A club has to approve your membership in qld to allow you to apply, so if you do the wrong thing your club will probably cancel your club rego and not think very highly of you. The conditions of use are very good, if you want to daily drive register it that way.

Agree...Dont bring anymore heat onto us than we already have.
R

#6 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:53 PM

flame suit on

#7 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

Keep a spanner/screw driver in the boot and tell them you just changed the water and want to get it to operating temp for a few mins before checking it again tomorrow.

In QLD you can do road testing within a 15 kilometre radius from the place where the vehicle is garaged, so as long as you dont have a load of groceries on board and are within these limits you should be fairly confident of not being caught out. Check with your own state regs for this tho !!

Or know all the cops in town ...

EDIT: Just re-read original post and if your outside the guidelines, bugger all chance of making up an excuse unless your missus is in the back seat groaning her guts out !! If you havent got a missus, may as well tell them you are too drunk to realise your outside the limits of the concessional rego conditions?

Edited by Pallbag, 23 October 2008 - 06:48 PM.

#8 _willo_

_willo_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

Keep a spanner/screw driver in the boot and tell them you just changed the water and want to get it to operating temp for a few mins before checking it again tomorrow.

In QLD you can do road testing within a 15 kilometre radius from the place where the vehicle is garaged, so as long as you dont have a load of groceries on board and are within these limits you should be fairly confident of not being caught out. Check with your own state regs for this tho !!

Or know all the cops in town ...

similarly in act you are allowed 40k "shakedown" runs.....

#9 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

In the ACT its mandatory that you have your completed log book with you at ALL times whilst driving the car on Historic rego.

Herne

#10 _panthervs_

_panthervs_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

does anyone know if that shakedown run thing applies in WA

#11 _wildsix_

_wildsix_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

Lets just say your within the 15km test and tune area, but taking your kids to school. Would it be ok if you were to say that you were keeping the battery charged? Its this type of scenerio I mean, not a car load of ya-who's knocking back beers in the back seat cruising the streets.

#12 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

You are not allowed to do anything else but test the car.
If you stop anywhere and don't have the bonnet up - ping!!

Of course if you ran into the shops to get a bottle of oil, and thought, heck I'll grab the milk....but you'd wanna have the oil in your hand and a full oil pan in the garage at home.

Grant..

#13 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

Can they say that ,you have been seen on a number of occasions doing the same ?

#14 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Be very careful doing that mate school, employment and shop runs are kind of obvious, up here the public and others on that scheme actually ring up the Motoring Council and report you if they spot you doing it too often, after all they the public have to pay the full rate for their road rego and those on the system want it kept.
You not only jeopardize your own plates also the club you are affiliated with PLUS and this is the 'biggie' you put at risk the plates of ALL other road users on that system. Abuse is no tolerated and could result in the system being canceled completely for all.

In the ACT the club inspector has to sight and sign off on your log book to say you have used the vehicle in the terms and the spirit of the historic plates.

"lets just say" - Best all round if we dont say eh!!!!

Cheers
Herne

Lets just say your within the 15km test and tune area, but taking your kids to school. Would it be ok if you were to say that you were keeping the battery charged? Its this type of scenerio I mean, not a car load of ya-who's knocking back beers in the back seat cruising the streets.

Edited by Herne, 24 October 2008 - 03:51 PM.

#15 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

I'm back to one daily since the Hb went on club rego.
I don't see the need to drive it outside of the regs.
If i needed to drive it everyday it would be on full rego.

#16 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

Yup that's the way mate
:spoton:

Herne

#17 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

ACT is full of do gooder public servants that want to make a name for themselves....

It also depends on the copper that pulls you up..If it was MickLXSS you would be fine...others?..Not so sure...my local guys all live in my rural estate..Sgt HWP, Detectives, Forsenics...they are a pain...when I take it out..like last weekend to check the axle tramp...2 of them turned up..seeing/hearing the car..then they want to bloody talk about stuff for 30 mins!! I am trying to test the bloody thing!...Can we chat later fellas???
R

#18 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

I'd like to hazzard a guess and say that most coppers, in QLD anyways, wouldnt be able to tell the difference in the rego label from normal rego to historic rego, especially if you have personalised plates. No idea about other states tho.

Having said that tho, I reckon Rory's rego may get questioned ! ! ! !

#19 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

hahha is that a fact ? enlighten me more ;)

I am not a public servant but I would fight tooth and nail to keep the scheme intact. I am talking about serial abusers here, not the one off type situation.

Cant speak for other states but here you get a specially stamped number plate which stands out as very different from the regular ones. The label looks the same.

Herne

ACT is full of do gooder public servants that want to make a name for themselves....

#20 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

In QLD you either get flash weird plates or can keep your personalized plates, you just get a slightly different rego label.

When mine is going it may go to work, which is around 5k's away, but theres four mechanics there, and it would be four times a year tops. Considering the amount of dust and shit blowing around i woud need to put the car cover over it so pain in the but lol.

Cheers.

#21 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

I hear ya Bomber.

Generally speaking here in the ACT if you are driving your historic rego'd car to a mechanic, panel beater, painter, leccy etc etc then that's thought of as OK even if only for a quote - if stopped for an inspection you would need to show them the problem. Log book always needs to be carried and completed of course.
Tune up runs etc should be logged as such and within the prescribed distance - something that is too tight IMHO, we need to be able to travel a few more k's to have work done.

Its a good system and worth looking after.

Cheers
Herne

#22 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

in qld now you can retain the standard plates, you do not have to have S plates or personalised... only difference is the sticker, but all the council cars are on cheap rego as well so work that one out

#23 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

Kev, you've always been allowed to keep your std plate up here if already registered.
I had to explain it to Beenleigh, and held a window hostage for an hour+half until they were able to confirm that the details on the tranport intranet were wrong. And one of the girl was going back to Logan to explain it to their staff.

Ed reckons you HAVE to have personalised because he got some moron who didn't know, and now won't admit you can still do it.

Herne, we can go as far as we like for work, within reason.
So technically, a friend in Perth is the only person I'd use for supercharging :D Honestly. So as long as I told transport before hand for a trip that long........ :P
We can also take the car out of state temporarily, for up to a year, as long as we are still paid up club members, and will be coming back. They don't list that in the rules for obvious reasons.

Grant..

#24 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:22 AM

My plates arent personalised and I am on club rego ...

Grant, if I was going to take my car from Chinchilla to Toowoomba, 2 hour drive for some work, should I notify transport beforehand ??

#25 _soss_

_soss_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

gota love sa classic redgo ,,,, 90 days per year wen i want were i want no reason / excuses needed :spoton: so long as log book is filled in for the day :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users