11 replies to this topic

#1 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

hey guys,soon there will be a fuel cell,but for the mean time the lx will run the fuel pump (holley blue) with the standard tank.wheer is the best place to mount the fuel pump?and how you go bout fitting it in the lines in the rear and a fuel filter?...all the engine bay fuel lines and reg are soorted..just the fuel pump being mounted and the lines and wireing it up thats needed...cheers

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

You should mount it as low as possible and should wire it up with a tachiometric relay...that way in an accident the fuel pump will stop when the engine stops.

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

Can I ask a question here too? I had the Holley Blue wired today..They did it properly into the alternator with relay etc etc... Do I need to run a return line on the regulator or just blank off the second outlet? Red 308 with STD Rochie in the LC.
R

Edited by rorym, 01 March 2006 - 06:49 PM.

#4 _purpleLC_

_purpleLC_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

It is always favourable to run a return line as
it bleeds off excess pressure to the fuel tank even
after you have switched the engine off.
This helps with starting a hot (temperature wise) engine.

Louie

#5 _Torana482HP_

_Torana482HP_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

i need some ideas of where exactly to mount my electric fuel pump too, with a 9in on an lh, so keep the info coming in.

rory i think if you want a return line you need a bypass regulator, dont think it will work with a normal reg, do you know what type of reg u have? and where did you mount your pump exactly?

#6 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:32 AM

Mount it as close to the tank and low as possible, can be a little tricky with a LH/X.
A reg should only be required if you want max efficiency from the fuel system, with the Holley blue it comes with a reg as the psi is adjustable, so install the reg, set it to 7psi and your done. Or buy a Holley red and its preset at 7psi.

Dont forget your ear muffs, there noisy suckers.

#7 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:42 AM

Can I ask a question here too? I had the Holley Blue wired today..They did it properly into the alternator with relay  etc etc... Do I need to run a return line on the regulator or just blank off the second outlet? Red 308 with STD Rochie in the LC.
R

hope you mean into the dizzy(or -ve of coil) with a 'tach' relay as wellas getting the power feed from the alternator terminal?

Edited by devilsadvocate, 02 March 2006 - 06:45 AM.

#8 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

Devil, no idea...the auto elects did it.
I dont want a return line unless it is neccessary. The pump is mounted in the boot 3 inches from the tank feed, the reg is the std one that comes in the Holley Blue box.1 inlet, 2 outlets.
R

#9 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

As a check to see that they have done what they should of, turn the key to on, should hear the electric pump go for about 2secs, then it should shut off automatically.

#10 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

I will check it out but these guys do rally cars so I reckon they are on to it.
R

#11 _Torana482HP_

_Torana482HP_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

the regulator that comes with the holley blue is not a bypass reg so you cant run a return line to the tank (pity, it would have been much quieter) one port one the reg is for the fuel inlet, one is the outlet to the carby and the other is a port for a gauge or just block it off if you dont have a pressure gauge.

#12 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Thanks Torrie, my dyno guy just told me the same thing...we will set it at 6psi with his guage and dyno run again.
R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users