torque figures

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

does any body have the proper torque figures to suit a 6cly "blue" motor rod bolts as i only have "red" rod bolt torque figures?we are using arp rod bolts.

Thanks

#2 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

I would think you should torque to the recommendation of the manufacturer, ARP. These will have different stretch and yield points to the factory bolts.

#3 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

take 1/2" drive ratchet, and turn them untill they won't turn no more. same way to do mains and head bolts, but these use a breaker bar :D

thats how i built my last motor...hasn't fallen apart yet. i really need to buy a new torque wrench, old one stuffed.

#4 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

As Litre8 stated, if you are using ARP bolts ignore the factory specs they are no good to you.

Remember that the bolts must be lubed with ARP assembly lube or 30W oil for before tightening.

#5 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

take 1/2" drive ratchet, and turn them untill they won't turn no more. same way to do mains and head bolts, but these use a breaker bar :D

thats how i built my last motor...hasn't fallen apart yet. i really need to buy a new torque wrench, old one stuffed.

That theory may work when your older
Your elbow will act like the torque wrench and click when its as tights as it will go
But to do it properly use a real torque wrench and have it recalibrated regularly

#6 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:45 PM

part number 200-6506. 70nm
part number 205-6001. 50nm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users