Autometer Water Temp Gauge.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:02 AM

How are we all this morning. I have a problem with my mechanical water temp gauge. It appears to have stopped operating and this seems strange to me consideing it's mechanical. If anyone thinks they Know how this happens your help would be greatly appreciated. As I kind of need this one working.
Cheers Chris.

#2 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:51 AM

Is it the type with the long copper tube going to the head? Only thing I can think of is that this may have broken or kinked.

#3 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

broken copper line

#4 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:59 PM

Thanks guys that's what I thought.
Chris.

#5 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:27 AM

I'll keep that in mind when my mechanical one stuffs up eh!!

Keith

#6 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:54 PM

just curious how would a eletrcial water 1 stuff up?autometer and bought in january.1 day stoped working.been re wired several times and still doesnt work

#7 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

Not sure what would be wrong with the elec one. But Keithy the prob with my gauge was not the copper piping, it was actually a leak in the gauge as they are aparantly ether filled and mine was leaking. To make matters worse it took Rocket Ind. 6 weeks to fix and return.

#8 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

the mechanical ones are filled with a gas or liquid and using the capilllary heat transfer from the temp in the motor along the copper line to the gas or liquid in the guage to causes it to expand or contract , which then moves the needle.

you should be able to test the elec one with a resisitor of a certain value to show the needle moving, dont just put 12volts accross it though, it will kill it.

cheers julian

#9 _[2_FLY]_

_[2_FLY]_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:42 PM

My mechanical gauge stuffed up also last year. When we pulled the sender out of the manifold it stunk of really powerful disinfectant, which is apparently the charge gas in the line. Cost me about 30 dollars to be repaired from memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users