Holley Blue...Nothing can go wrong??

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

Had my Holley Blue wired in the boot yesterday, went out and removed the mechanical pump and fitted the filter and all the new lines..Beauty..here we go!...Nothing!! No power to the pump! No fuel in any line after I have nearly flattened the battery...The Auto Elecs are closed and I am supposed to be at Gympie Motokhana in the morning...Sheet!..Nothing can go wrong...click..go wrong..click..go wrong..
R

#2 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

How did they wire it up rory cause didnt you say they were using a tachometric relay? so it wont fire the pump up till its running?? just a thought but what if you give it a direct 12v to prime it then try again? i know mine took ages to fill the filter and everything up before we got fuel pressure. If it has no power there then it has to be electrical. Although i know someone who had a brand new holley pump p>< itself within 15mins of running. If i can help let me know

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

I just bought a screw driver light tester thing to see if it is getting power but the lines are all dry and I flattened the battery turning it over Nothing out the outlet pipe on the pump. I dont want to run a direct feed unless I stuff it up..They said it dont get power until the motor was turning over but it should show some signs of life cranking.
R

#4 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

Im only talking about to prime it all up so it will start at least not to leave it there permantly

#5 _Torana482HP_

_Torana482HP_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

just run a wire from you battery + to the + on the fuel pump so it primes your lines and engine, then try starting it.

#6 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

you might need to prime the pump too, I dont think the holleys are all that great at sucking fuel.

#7 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

Ok...we have power....now..for me ..off to DUNCE's Corner...I rechecked everything and ..Yes..."IN"...means..."IN"..not..."OUT"..... :fool: How embarressment! :blink: ....Put the boot lines around the right way and we have ignition Houston!...and a lovely 900 RPM idle...
Thanks to all for helping...cant take the boofhead out of the boy sometimes..."The faster I go, The further I get Behind"..???
R

#8 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:26 PM

YOU CAN ALL STOP LAUGHING NOW!!! <_<
R

Edited by rorym, 04 March 2006 - 06:27 PM.

#9 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

im not laughing at all little mistakes happen. Want me to tell you the difference between acl race series rings and std 308 rings enough to cause an engine rebuild hahaha oh well these things happen

Edited by Torana308, 04 March 2006 - 06:39 PM.

#10 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

so u got that noisy fuel pump sorted out now?
does help to get the lines on the right way :spoton:

#11 _Torana482HP_

_Torana482HP_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

how noisy is it rory? can you hear it over your engine?

#12 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:19 PM

Yeah its pretrty noisy but you just get a block of hi density and cut out a slot to fit over it...that kills the noise. It gets better...the front right caliper was dragging so as I have stuffed getting to Gympie Khana I decided to change them over to the rebuilt set I finished on Wed. You guessed it...tried for ages to bleed them..no joy...spoke to datto...I had of course fitted them on the wrong sides and the bleeders were at the bottom..not the top...some weekends it doesnt pay to get out of bed!! :cry: :blink:
R

#13 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

Yeah its pretrty noisy but you just get a block of hi density and cut out a slot to fit over it...that kills the noise. It gets better...the front right caliper was dragging so as I have stuffed getting to Gympie Khana I decided to change them over to the rebuilt set I finished on Wed. You guessed it...tried for ages to bleed them..no joy...spoke to datto...I had of course fitted them on the wrong sides and the bleeders were at the bottom..not the top...some weekends it doesnt pay to get out of bed!! :cry: :blink:
R

Glad it worked out Rory
Its the little things mate
Always the little things

/me walks away giggling to self

#14 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

I gave up today and will swap them next weekend..Time to consume some McGuiganes prroducts. :rockon:
R

#15 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

*gets drill and drills bleaders at the top of rory's calipers...*

problem solvered :P

#16 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

One of those days hey rory?

#17 _torana05_

_torana05_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:09 AM

Geez Rory, Where you doing things in the right order?
1. Fix car
2. Consume wine
.....lol.....

Andrew 2. :clap:

#18 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

Hey , you know, brakes work real good when they are right way around!! :spoton: It now GOES and STOPS! BONUS!! :clap:
R

Edited by rorym, 11 March 2006 - 12:02 PM.

#19 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

woot. now i just gotta get around to going to maryborough :P

#20 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

HAHAH I'm Sorry Rory but i cant stop laughing to myself...

I feel your pain mate... ive done BOTH of the things you just mentioned!

Glad yougot it sorted! its a great feeling when it all DOES happen.. but for some reason its never in time for that ONE race meeting you wan to Attend ( Like heathcote drags for me... *Swears at the car :furious: *

Cheers :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users