DOOR LOCKS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

Hey fellas, Im after new locks for my LH, do they still sell genuine locks, or are the solex type lock a better option.

Anyone make a preference on these and tell me how they fitted up and were they gotz em from.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#2 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:08 PM

Don't know if you can buy genuine GM locks still but there are ones that look genuine. In my hatch I've just got the Solex/GHL locks that seem pretty good value in my opinion. They fit & work the same as the originals - clip on inside of the door with a lever off to one side of the barrell.

#3 _SSL31_

_SSL31_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:13 PM

GHL is the way to go , gives you that factory flush fit , where as Solex use a plastic outer rim gasket ...
I heard stories about them falling apart but I dont have a problem with mine... and with factory GMH locks , they made 10 different key cuts supposedly...

#4 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

GHL locks?

OK thanks guys, i must have got the flat blade screwdriver pattern in my lock set.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#5 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

I have ford capri...yes i know sacralidge!! locks on mine .they fit the same as gmh but you have to take the clip from the original locks and swap them so you can attach the rod to it. the bonus is it is a double sided key unlike original gmh. got them from a ford dealer a few years back

#6 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:20 PM

Thats a good tip Chia! Thanks.

Ive got GHL chrome locks on the HQ, and so far theyve been fine!

Theyre similar to the solex locks as in theyre the round key but theyre a much nicer look with a complete chrome bezel.

They fitted straight up as per the original locks and seemed to be of good quality.

I got them from rare spares. Too easy!

#7 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

Are there any other old vehicles around the use locks that'll fit into the Torana doors? I don't wanna go anything aftermarket, just something that works with a slightly different sized key or whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users