Photos of some of the toranas.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

Hi All,
Here are photos of some of the Toranas at the All Holden day in Geelong Today, just click on the link to my album.

https://cache.gmh-to...050/Geelong 06/

Regards
Duck05 :spoton:

#2 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:52 PM

after a really wet week here on the Gold coast I cant believe how dry looking it is down there.... nice turn out and good pics.

#3 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:22 PM

Yep, Its as dry as a you know what down here.

As far as the turnout goes. I thought it was extremely poor.

The Arena was in all probly less than half occupied, cars spread everywhere.

Last years had a larger attendance. I hope this improves in years to come, if it gets half has good as the All Ford Day, itl be a HUGE event.

#4 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hi GML-31
Your right it is dry down here, and today at the show it was sunny & 34 degrees just after lunch which I think is just nice but my mates were struggling. :nada:
It was a good turn out more than last year I think. I will add photo's of all the other Holdens I took pics of later in the week.

But looking at tj81 post I could be wrong about the turnout :blink: :huh:

Regards
Duck05

Edited by Duck05, 04 March 2006 - 10:24 PM.

#5 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

Didnt mean to contradict your post duck....

You second post appeared after i had posted.

#6 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Thats cool,
I actually had the same discussion with a mate there today we reckon last year they had less cars even more spread out, but because of the way they are spread out its hard to tell for sure I reckon, Spose we will have to wait and see if they put the entrant figures on their web site.
All in All though it was not a bad day some good cars some OK cars same as any show, I just love tha day out in SLR.

Regards
Duck05 :spoton:

#7 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:49 PM

I was there today too with oldn64 and EvilGTR. I sawe your car there Duck05, looking good! A few nice Xu1's and GTR's too. I came in late though - about 3.45...

#8 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

Hi Flamenco,
I am suprised you could see my car through the dust by that time, everyone leaving kicked up plenty of it. Were your cars there all day or just at the end??
I am sure I would have snapped a pic if they were there!!

Regards
Duck05

#9 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

None of our car were there but we just came down for a look - the dust was bad, not the most ideal place for a car show! Pity about that guy in the commo doing burnouts while announcements were going on! :fool:

#10 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:10 PM

Your right about the tosser in the dore.

So many Clowns, So few circus's.

You would have missed a lot of the cars because I reckon more than half were gone by 2:00 or 2:30. I think a lot of them thought it was too hot.

Regards
Duck05

#11 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,319 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

That's what we like to see guys; fantastic photos. It was a bit far out of my area but I might consider it when the LX is on Club Rego :)

#12 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:28 PM

there was a nice straight looking hatch for sale:

https://cache.gmh-to...nt=DSC03370.jpg

not sure how much he wanted, but im sure it was more than i could afford.

#13 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

Nice pics! :D Thanks

#14 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

Interesting to not that the white LX SL/R 5000 is on historic rego, what are the regs down there in Vic on historic rego? Might be called Club Rego down there.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 05 March 2006 - 09:56 PM.

#15 72XU1

72XU1

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:59 PM

Nice pictures Duck05

Thanks

#16 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

I agree... was an ordinary turnout. There were definitely some quality cars there however at some point didn't someone think twice about having an "All-Holden Day' in the heartland of Ford country? Somewhere more central (and that goes for the Sandown one as well) would be more well-attended and easier to get to... Off the ring-road even... Latrobe Uni Car park would be easier (just not at night cause they will all get pinched :D )

#17 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:14 AM

Evilgtr,
Talking about show locations I reckon Bendigo is the perfect spot for a carshow it is central to everywhere and has good accommodation and excellent show facilities especially at the Tom Flood sport complex which is right in town and the locals there love a good car show no matter what make they are they all seem to turn up for a look.
I suppose it's the old field of dreams thing though some one has to build it for them to come and the geelong one is ran by a geelong club so I would say they aren't going anywhere and I don't know but guess the Sandown one is ran by a local club too.

Regards
Duck05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users