Straight Gas setup

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

gday all,

well i finally took some pictures of the straight gas setup, and upload those pics.

What do people think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Steve

#2 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

Looks fine, did they sort out whatever driveability problem you had after the install?
What is the fuel consumption?

#3 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

Looks good in there,
But whats with the coil of red wire?
I never seen induction heating in the engine bay b4...
Damo

#4 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

devilsadvocate -> With the flat spot off idle problem they put a larger jet in it, which has reduced the problem, but I have come to the conclusion that the idle speed is too slow. So I am going to have them fix that problem when i have time.

LXdamo -> The roll of red wire was going to power my electronic dizzy, so i would have straight 12V all the time instead of 12V cranking and 10V running which is how the wiring is for the points dizzy, but in the end i soldered the resistive wire and the normal wire together under the dash, so i have 12V all the time at the dizzy.

Steve

#5 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:21 AM

Steve, the idle speed is a cinch to fix, the bolt acting as the trottle return stop is your ajustment.
Loosen off the nut and screw in the bolt a smidge, tighten up the nut and presto.
You've just increased your idle speed.What size throttle
body is that? (It will tell you on the blue part of the throttle dial)
Did you have a prime switch installed?

Nice neat set up, I would have liked to have my TB pointing straight out too, but the 90 deg manifold ram was set to go side on, so it had to do. I'll get to it one day......

#6 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for that knoath, i found that easy to locate... after i started undoing the throttle cable :fool:

I dunno if it is any better yet, just did it when i pulled in the driveway. I will take it for a spin and see tomorrow. :spoton:

It had a S350 on the blue part of the throttle body so i assume that means its a 350cfm. Its probably too big for a stock 173, but i imagine it will be the right size for the worked 202 i am planning ;) :rockon:

Steve

#7 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

Thanks Knoath... my flat spot is gone :D :D :D

After i increased the idle speed, i did increase it too much, but after another adjustment there is no flat spot and the car is heaps easier to start ;)

:spoton:

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 09 March 2006 - 06:09 PM.

#8 _73lj202_

_73lj202_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:05 AM

Looks good Steve, Is that the filler next door to the orginal? where did you get the tank mounted.

#9 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

Gday Tim,

Yes the gas filler is right next to the orginal one, which is just filling the hole in the back of the car since i no longer have a petrol tank.

The gas tank is mounted in the boot right behind the back seats. I will post some pics of that once i get my boot sorted out.

Steve

#10 _73lj202_

_73lj202_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

Very good, I got your text awhile back but was on hols, never heard back from you,did you get the brakes done?. I might be going up to Heathcote,so might see you there,when are you going up?

#11 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:20 AM

Gday Tim,

I got my breaks adjusted back a few weeks ago. I think they are right. I was planning to head up with everyone else at 8am, if thats still happening.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users