Pro386's Hk monaro

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

I thought i'd put up some pics of the Monaro i've been rebuilding the last year. Come to me as a complete car but driveline was stuffed and had been sideswiped on the drivers side in the past.
Posted Image
Little fella dreaming about his Racing Career already.
Posted Image
Looking a bit sad.
Posted Image
Some GTS guards for my birthday
Posted Image
Building Log Headers for turbo setup.
Posted Image
Freshened 307 Chev
Posted Image
Mounting GT45 turbo.
Posted Image

#2 _Chriskoss-79uc_

_Chriskoss-79uc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

Goddamn that thing will be flyin' once its all running mate. Looks like a great build.. What colour are you going to paint it

#3 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

Red hot which is a VY SS Commodore colour. It'll have a 4inch reverse cowl scoop and just stocko rims and hubcaps for the street. Aiming for low 10's on pump fuel and street trim with drag radials.

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

It'll have a 4inch reverse cowl scoop and just stocko rims and hubcaps for the street.

HAHAHAHHAHAH nice!

#5 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

A litt more progress making sure the aircleaner fits. Had to trim the radiator support panel so it pops out behind the grille.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Awesome mate.
Thats gonna move.

Keep us posted.

#7 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

Haven't had a real lot of progress lately. I've been putting a new powerglide together for it and organising engine parts. I've also decide to go EFI and will have a manifold getting fuel rails and 14mm injector mounts fitted. Hes also making an elbow for a 90mm throttle body.

Starting on the crossover pipe
Posted Image
Starting on the Exhaust
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

This thing will be a nice beast
Cant wait to see it go
Try to invest in an injection setup

Edited by Bart, 15 February 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#9 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

This thing will be a nice beast
Cant wait to see it go
Try to invest in an injection setup

Yeah i've got all the fuel rail extrusion and stuff here. I'm going to go to a sequential EFI setup. Maybe a ACCEL DFI setup or autronic. I want to do away with the bonnet scoop and make it a real sleeper.

#10 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:33 AM

I pulled all the piping off and finished all the welding. Now just got to mount the waste gate and weld in sensor plug for oxygen sensor. Ordered an air to air intercooler with inlet and outlet on the sameside should be here next week.
Posted Image
Heres the 60mm Proboost wastegate i'm using.
Posted Image

#11 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Lookin sweet so far

#12 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. Just don't no weather to go EFI or not. Theres only one local guy that deals with it but haven't heard anything good about him yet. If I go blow through carb it'll make it easier to tune myself. I got the wastegate fitted over the weekend.
Posted Image

#13 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

That is gonna be WICKED ... good job, will keep an eye on this.

Simmo

#14 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

Just about finished mounting the intercooler. Just gotta make some brackets. Its a real tight fit. I don't think back in 1968 holden thought of front mount intercoolers. I think i'll leave it polished. I'm going to go blow through carb. Simply for the reason I've got everything now to throw the long motor together and I want it going asap.
Posted Image

#15 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

WOW ...love it ! :bowdown:

Some great pics as well, untill i got near the end i thought you had the Turbo only driven from one bank (have heard of that done before)

Shame you have pulled the pin on INJ, i think you would have prefered it in the long run, i don't think you'd have any more drama than blo-thru.

if you can tune a carby turbo car, you'd easy tune a injected one ,you just need a laptop and a bit of time to learn/adjust , best part i like is you don't have to stop and pop the bonnet to make adjustments.

You obviously know what you are doing , but just wondered why you are using "that" cooler, it looks like you will have to run cooler pipe between the rad and eng ?

Not 100% familiar with monaro's (so forgive me if im making a fool of myself ) but the way i see it (from the pics) if you had spun the compressor housing outlet to point down (towards road) and ran pipe work through the inner gaurd, you could shorten the cooler pipe by about a metre and use a heaps better flowing intercooler ( a crossflow type) and not go behind the the radiator at all.

MT

#16 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

Yeah thats how I would of like to run it but theres no way you could run the piping without cutting holes in the panel below the bumper and I wanted it setup so u couldn't see the piping. I want the car to look like a standard HK GTS monaro right down to the hubcaps and badges. Toby from TJ Race fab is going to do the cold side piping and make a custom surge tanks and breather tanks for the gearbox and engine. He makes some sweet RB30 intake manifolds. We both decided to go this way to keep it the sleeper look like yours.

I have an AIS kit to go on as well. We'll see how fast she goes on 215/65/14's. :spoton:

INJ can still be added at a later date. It will only be a intake manifold and reg change anyway.

#17 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Got my Carb hat and more silicone joiners. Just waiting on the last one which is od size. Heres a better pic of the intercooler.
Posted Image
Heres a pic of the carb hat and the position it should sit in.
Posted Image

#18 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

Shit mick thats starting to come along nicely mate.

Cheers.

#19 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

Yeah I'm really happy with it Bomber. Hopefully it'll be on the road for your next visit. :spoton:

#20 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

I like it. I like it alot. Very stealth. That will go like a scolded cat.

#21 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Haven't done much to the monaro lately but finishing off the intercooler piping myself in mild steel. Starts to get painted this week so won't be long.

Posted Image

Edited by pro386, 15 August 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#22 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

That shit makes my panties go ping!

#23 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

Good stuff! :clap: :spoton:
That's lookin' goood!

#24 _pro386_

_pro386_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:07 PM

That shit makes my panties go ping!

Still excites me Bomber each time i go in the shed. :spoton:

#25 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

Bloody oath! That'll excite anyone! Looking tough mate!

Dont mean to be rude, but are there any particular reasons you didnt opt for twin turbos over the single?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users