149 replies to this topic

#126 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

+1....how can I hold it over her head if I don't have pics!!!!

#127 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

Yes, if anyone in Melbourne wants to see this car. I dare say it will probably be at the Hot Rod Show (at the exhibition centre) at the end of the month. It's a great car in the flesh and a lot quicker than you'd expect

Cheers

Love the rear end/dish on the rear wheels, anyone got shots of the back/side?

#128 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

Indeed they do, another reason why I'm looking forward to Powercruise.

Back on the cars, check out this beautiful LJ. Has run 10.38 over the quarter (no gas!!) and made it into the Elite Hall, even though the owner, Frank, only originally intended entering the Street class. Not sure if you're on here Frank, but top stuff all the same! :spoton:

Cheers
H

Posted Image
Posted Image

^Thats what I meant to comment on

#129 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

Posted Image

james scarlet seems to hit the walls every year :ZZZ:
normaly its his blown z that slamms the armco :blink:

When I heard that he bought the ex roman ute I was really dissapointed because I've seen him hit the wall every year in his HZ (once he hit the wall 5 times in one burnout). That ute was my dream car when I was a teenager. I remember seeing it at the motorshow when it was brand new (think it was the latest model commodore at the time) and I had a big poster of it on my wall for like 10 years (when it was all red). It's a seriously good car and it was pretty revolutionary at the time. Its a shame that it's been run into the ground. I wonder what he paid for the rolling shell?

#130 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

NO MORE NATS IN CANBERRA ITS TO BE SOLD OR CLOSED
THANKS TO THE ACT GOVERMENT :banghead:

#131 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Is that well founded?

#132 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

NO MORE NATS IN CANBERRA ITS TO BE SOLD OR CLOSED
THANKS TO THE ACT GOVERMENT :banghead:

where and who did you hear this from?

#133 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

Need a link or it may as well be yet another rumour.

#134 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

its not true,i rang a 2ic and found out

#135 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

fast eh your brothers missus is hot haha tried to get pics but camera wouldnt zoom in enough i was a bit upset when they picked the other sheila over her
as for the wanka doin donuts in the commodore agreed he should have his ass kicked how stupid could you be the blokes that just gave the cars a bit of a chirp goin along tough street i have no problems with some blokes i agree did go over board and as for the girls dont mean to sound shovenist but you would have to be pretty nieve to think that sitting on the back of a ute goin up and down tough street people want want to see your tits this year was the first time i had been i must admit tough street atmosphere can be pretty intense watching and listening to the cars go up and down the street is pretty cool and seeing the odd set of tits on the back of a ute just combines 2 great things i was crook as a dog the whole time i was there unfortunatly so didnt have a drop of booze was more on a health kick only really ate fruit ect and drank water and gator ade i camped there with a mate we drove up in his vh with a 383 chev nice long run to run in the brand new motor got hassled byt the cops on the way in but alot of the guys in the camping ground were dickheads all asking us to do burnouts and donuts in the camping ground pretty much told them were to go and they didnt speak to us the rest of the time we were there was like no other car show ive been to i want to go back but if its moved further away doubt i will

#136 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

its not true,i rang a 2ic and found out

well wait and see this came up over dinner :cry:

#137 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

i know march is the cut off date to decide,but i was also told a few things that i promised not to repeat :)

#138 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

Me too but if your talking to ditch you know whats coming :rolleyes:

#139 _WOZ_

_WOZ_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

i cant say how either but i was told its a all over. (this doesnt mean that its 100% but i belive the person)

shame cause ive been to every event. even befor it was summernats & was known as street machine magazine nationals.
in early years it was every 2nd year with hot rod nats alternating years.
may show my age but i started young.
if wanted i can post pics from mid to late 80s.
burnouts on the main drag of natex etc.
pete fitz's old brogham (the broom stick) etc
victor bray's original 57

back when if it had mags it was a street machine !!!!!

#140 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

**if** there is no summernats,there will be something to replace it

#141 _WOZ_

_WOZ_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

hope its in canberra but doubt it !!!!

#142 _j7723_

_j7723_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

would love to see some of those pics woz

#143 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hi Guys

Chic has his wrap-up posted on the Summernats website which can be found here:

http://www.summernat...t...icle&id=156

This is an excerpt from that page.

THE FUTURE.

It's no secret that I'm planning my retirement and as such am looking to pass the batton to a new owner. There's a big chance I'll stay on as Promoter to see that the many good things we've achieved stay in place. One Company has the first dibbs at ownership and hopefully we'll know an answer soon. In the meantime, it's business as usual and the new dates have been set. 7 - 10th Jan 2010. Your best plan though is to stay connected to the Summernats website for the latest info.

I guess there is more to come soon on this.

Cheers
Herne

#144 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

fasteh there is photos in the summernat special by street machine mag with all the women in the wet tshirt comp. not bad

#145 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

Latest new on Summernats here.

http://www.abc.net.a.../16/2545097.htm

Herne

#146 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

shame cause ive been to every event. even befor it was summernats & was known as street machine magazine nationals.
in early years it was every 2nd year with hot rod nats alternating years.
may show my age but i started young.

I went in those days too. If I remember correctly it wasn't the Street Machine Magazine Nationals, it was simply the Street Machine Nationals & I think the first one was in Griffith & promoted by the 56,56,56 Chev Club (1975 or 1976, before Street Machine Magazine began). I also went to the ones held at Albury, Nerrandera & Mildura. As you say it was held every 2 years alternating with the Hot Rod Nationals.

Dr Terry

#147 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

I went in those days too. If I remember correctly it wasn't the Street Machine Magazine Nationals, it was simply the Street Machine Nationals & I think the first one was in Griffith & promoted by the 56,56,56 Chev Club (1975 or 1976, before Street Machine Magazine began). I also went to the ones held at Albury, Nerrandera & Mildura. As you say it was held every 2 years alternating with the Hot Rod Nationals.

Dr Terry

I still hear storys from my dad about the nats in Mildura, the riot act was read or something when everyone was in the street, on shop roofs and stuff

#148 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

I still hear storys from my dad about the nats in Mildura, the riot act was read or something when everyone was in the street, on shop roofs and stuff

sounds like the nats hasnt changed then!

#149 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hooray for redundancy!

P.S. Daily Telegraph and Herald Sun both say that it was reduced to 40 for the event. You can't blame mitch for believing the media over 'Herne from GMH-Torana.com.au'...

:)

For what its worth Flemington Drive (front of Summernats) is still under roadworks conditions as of a few days ago...
I commented that the roadworks was not placed there to slow Summernats traffic and was there some 6 months before the event... My word was questioned against 2 Sydney newspapers. Like wtf would they know, never let the truth get in the way of a good beatup.......
Its now a good 6 months after the Nats and that roadwork is still there however the signage is MORE PROMINENT...
I dont like having my word questioned by out of towners....

Herne

#150 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

Awesome pics there! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users