[ACT] Cruise Group - Norton Road

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:39 AM

The aim is to drive all the regions sealed roads.

Next cruise:-

Norton Road, Wamboin/Bungendore Road Cruise with pies at Bungendore Pie Shop, return via Kings Highway.

Date: Sunday 8th February
Departure: 9:30 for 10:00am departure from Supercheap Queanbeyan

Gold coin donation to be collected for donation to the GMH-Torana Forums.

This is an attend at your own risk event, by attending you verify that you accept this condition.

Edited by Joshua, 22 January 2009 - 01:38 PM.

#2 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

Another successful run that we should do again is out to the Pub at Captains Flat, Paul, I and others really enjoyed that one, lovely people own the pub and are Torry enthusiasts. Thye make plenty of tea and coffee too.

No rush, just one to add somewhere in the year.

Herne

#3 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

I'll stick it on the list, along with:-
  • Towrang (North of Goulburn)
  • Golburn Wool Scour
  • Old Cooma/Burra Road
  • Bywong
  • Braidwood Pub & Model Car Store visit (another good one)
  • An overnight to visit all the Torries in Nowra/Beach Day
  • Paul's Nelligen W/E

And a February 2010 Brocks Big Day out Cruise, with possible visit to Fisherman's Bend and Phillip Island (that will be a few days worth).

#4 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

I'll stick it on the list, along with:-

• Towrang (North of Goulburn)
  • Golburn Wool Scour
  • Old Cooma/Burra Road
  • Bywong
  • Braidwood Pub & Model Car Store visit (another good one)
  • An overnight to visit all the Torries in Nowra/Beach Day
  • Paul's Nelligen W/E

And a February 2010 Brocks Big Day out Cruise, with possible visit to Fisherman's Bend and Phillip Island (that will be a few days worth).

I like the look of those runs, no doubt others will too once they catch on that these runs are fun to drive.

Herne

#5 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Oh, also forgot the "Top of Australia Cruise", Tumut, via Cooma. Very very picturesque, with a very long flat straight, including a stopover in Batlow (where all your delicious apples come from).

Oh, we also need to do an overnight in Jugiong to thank our mate Neil for all his help.

#6 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

Tarago and Collector Pubs are also good.

There is also Crookwell, Sutton, Gundaroo, Gunning and Gundegai.

Mmm, I needs to get me a good map with all the local tarred roads on it. Might go for a drive after lunch.

I'd also really like to drive the old Razorback at some stage.

So much you can do.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 22 January 2009 - 10:29 AM.

#7 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

I wonder what lives at Oolong?

#8 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Where have the first posts gone? Do we have some virus loose in the top paddock?

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

This is event is not associated with any particular club, i.e. you don't have to be a member of anything.

#10 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

NSW Torrie Club is coming to Canberra 20-22 March as well. Will have to add that to the mix.

#11 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

Next weekend.

Norton Road, Wamboin/Bungendore Road Cruise with pies at Bungendore Pie Shop, return via Kings Highway.

I also spotted some good sections of the Old Hume, this side of Lake George we can drive sometime.

I could have been flag marshalling at the local hill climb and at Wakefield Park that weekend, but you get that.

#12 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

Next weekend.

I also spotted some good sections of the Old Hume, this side of Lake George we can drive sometime.

I could have been flag marshalling at the local hill climb and at Wakefield Park that weekend, but you get that.

As usual, all being well I plan to be there, I am finding it fun to be driving the Torry rather than having it laid up while work is being done :) Nevertheless the Torry will be laid up some time this year. :)

Whats on in March 20-22 to bring NSW Torry club down here? Its obviously something that I have forgotten about :(

#13 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

This is why NSW Torana club will be in Canberra that weekend

20-22 Mar. Canberra (AGM)

cheers Keith

#14 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

This is why NSW Torana club will be in Canberra that weekend

20-22 Mar. Canberra (AGM)

cheers Keith

Thanks Keith, that explains why I didnt know what was on :)

Al.

#15 _Patrick_

_Patrick_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:27 AM

Thanks Keith, that explains why I didnt know what was on :)

Al.

Id be into a cruise to braidwood to see Daniel at the model shop, used to know him quite well when i was way into model cars. not sure if he still owns it or not though, haven't seen him in years. i grew up just out of braidwood.
although id have to hang at the back as i would be in a torrie :(

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

Id be into a cruise to braidwood to see Daniel at the model shop, used to know him quite well when i was way into model cars. not sure if he still owns it or not though, haven't seen him in years. i grew up just out of braidwood.
although id have to hang at the back as i would be in a torrie :(

If you want to travel in a Torrie, just let us know, and we can arrange for somebody to pick you up in a Torrie. I'll try form a calendar to try avoid conflicts with other things I'm involved in.

#17 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

^ mind you, with the current weather it may be advantageous not to travel in a Torrie!!! Gets hot in there.

#18 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

My bro in law from Southern Branch told me he found a new cafe next to the wood-turning shop in Bungendore, excellent food and well priced for those who prefer not to have a pie. Seems some of them did this very same run recently.

Do we have any takers for this run? Its on this coming Sunday the 8th.

Cheers
Herne

#19 _Patrick_

_Patrick_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

my memory of the placement of shops in braidwood isn't the best but i do believe a good mate of mine owns that cafe you are talking about herne.

#20 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

Yella is going to be full. The wife and kids are tagging along.

#21 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

I have invited Jeremy his Mrs and kids to accompany me for the drive but he doesn't know what his plans are as yet.
Either way I plan to be attending.

Bro in law and Bruce are attending the hillclimb on that day. I am missing the first round as I said I would be on this run ;) Plenty of other events and I am not competing as such so the rounds do not matter. When I turn up to do some hillclimbing it will be for fun.

Herne

Edited by Herne, 04 February 2009 - 09:56 PM.

#22 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

Looks like it's going to be one hot cruise, in more ways than one, but you get that!!!

#23 _slydog71_

_slydog71_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Last weekend in the Bay spotted a yellow torana hatchback no flares and a purple four door(drop tank) both from Canberra leaving Catalina Golf club looking like they where heading home ! Nice cars

Edit spelling sucks after a couple of drinks !

Edited by slydog71, 06 February 2009 - 07:34 PM.

#24 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Last weekend in the Bay spotted a yellow torana hatchback no flares and a purple four door(drop tank) both from Canberra leaving Catalina Golf club looking like they where heading home ! Nice cars

Edit spelling sucks after a couple of drinks !

That would be Gary, and my bro in law Danny both from Southern Branch STC. They had a run on last weekend to Corrigans Beach where they had hired some jet Ski's.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 06 February 2009 - 08:54 PM.

#25 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

Stand-by, as we may defer this by one week due to the hot weather. No need to unduly stress the cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users