lc boot locked ????

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _hkbathurst_

_hkbathurst_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

have found a torrie that has a beautiful mat that i can see through the rear parcel shelf and would like to get to it but the key has gone and the boot lid itself is in vgc how can i open the boot without any damage ??? :huh: :

Edited by hkbathurst, 09 March 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#2 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:14 PM

get as many keys as you can find. one will fit it

#3 _torana05_

_torana05_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

I had this problem today with a car i bought, tried every key i had (over 250), none would open it. Grab a cordless drill with a small drillbit & drill straight into the area where the key goes, eventualy you will drill right through, then use a flat screwdriver to turn the latch to open it. You will stuff the lock, but its better than damaging a good bootlid.

Hope you can make sense of this,

Andrew 2.

#4 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

A couple of methods to try.

1. Get a slim piece of timber (or a taped up tyre lever) and wedge the boot lid up a little. Look in the gap below the lock and you will see 2x screws holding in the lock retaining plate. If you can remove those screws you may be able to pull the retaining plate down enough with pointy nose pliers to remove the lock barrell. If you remove the lock barrell you can then open the boot with a narrow longish screwdriver.

2. If you can see the mat in the boot, chances are you can see the two 1/2" A.F. bolts that hold the lower boot catch to the rear panel. Use socket and socket extensions to undo those bolts and with a bit of a wiggle the boot lid should come up.

RACV MAN

#5 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

If you realy want to save the lock talk to a locksmith, they can crack a lock without breaking it if they have to, it will cost thought, get a quote first.

#6 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:09 AM

Get racq out to open it, some still have the tools to do it, found out the hard way when i locked my keys in the boot!

A1

#7 _ranalj_

_ranalj_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

ive had to use a flathead srewdriver before to open my boot lock, works great!!!!

#8 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

If you dont want the lock just drill a hole through it & open it with a flatblade screwdriver,that's what I had to do when I wanted a boot at the wreckers after they lost the keys.

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Mmmm, all very destructive methods.

We bought a 700mm extension bar from Supercheap $19, and undid the bolts that hold the lock on from the speaker holes/holes behind the rear seat in an LH. The lock was fine, but the key no longer worked.

#10 _hkbathurst_

_hkbathurst_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for all the input i ended up going to a wreckers and he had a box full of holden keys and he let me borrow them for a small deposit opened it and got my self a average boot mat the spare wheel and the rod and wing nut and a good original jack .Was certainly worth the effort THANKS again for all the comments ..Holden On :D

#11 _jen3300_

_jen3300_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

Get racq out to open it, some still have the tools to do it, found out the hard way when i locked my keys in the boot!

A1

heheheh made me laugh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users