Victorian Bush Fire Fundraiser Cruise, Friday 20th February

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hey everyone

In response to the devistating victorian bushfires, the Perth E Series forums has put together a charity cruise in order to raise much-needed funds for the victims. Yes this is a Ford forum, however it's an open cruise and all are encouraged to attend, regardless of car. Everyone on the forums has been encouraged to re-post this info on to other websites so that as many people as possible can attend to raise funds.

It'd be awesome to see some representation from the Torana and Holden camps (far superior cars!); remember it's for an extremely worthy cause.. plus it'd be great to catch up with you blokes whom i haven't seen in ages...

Below is the information that was posted at http://www.pertheser...p...c=9393&st=0 ; pretty sure it's an open forum so you don't have to join up to view it.

Cheers,
BoltZ

Hey All,

As you would of heard by now about the devastating news of the bush fires in Victoria, so Miss 302 and myself (Stroppy 1) have come up with a Fundraiser Cruise.

Meet Time: 8pm
Leave Time: 9pm
Date: Friday 20th February
Meet Point: City West Car Park

It's $10 a a map, per car and all extra donations are encouraged!

Hope to see you all there!

Stroppy 1 & Miss 302

** please note that all antisocial behavior is NOT tolerated and number plates will be handed over to the Police **

#2 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

come on guys, will be good to see some toranas out there, mine will be there for this good cause, this is going to be one big cruise

#3 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

where is the w.a. people, come on lets get out there and make a donation

#4 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

i'll be out there nathan

i know a few people who lost there lives in melbourne and i now a few people who lost there homes so i'll be about and i'll be giving a donation to this cruise the redcross and i'll be giving blood

cheers josh

#5 Evan

Evan

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

I would be there but im not going to be in perth on the 20th.

Will be a good cruise thoe.

Evan.

#6 _Stuart_

_Stuart_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

Should be there

#7 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

Awesome stuff fellas; great to get at least a couple of Torri's on the run :D Spread the word around; it's for a great cause!

I'll be in a navy blue EL Fairmont with an "ENFORCE" sticker on the rear window.. come say hi!

#8 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:12 AM

What happened boltz you crossed to the dark side :blink:
I will try and make it will have wife and bubz will be her first cruize :spoton:

#9 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

^ Awesome stuff mate, would be great to see your beast again! Saw it at Powercruise but you weren't with your car, lol.

The EL was given to me by my fiance's father not long after i had to sell the torri to clear out debts in order for me to go back to uni.... and hey it's a free car! Altho once i graduate i'll be getting another torri, rest assured! A mate's dad is currently building an LS1 powered LX which i've got my eye on................

Edited by BoltZ, 18 February 2009 - 09:12 AM.

#10 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

hey boltz where does this cruise end?

cheers josh

#11 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

I'll ask on the forum; will post info asaic mate

#12 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:36 AM

I may evan bring the mullet wig :fool:

#13 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

^ GOLD! :D

gen3; cruise ends at Kings Park

#14 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

Good luck with the cruise tonight guys! Hope you get as many cars as possible and raise as much as you can for a good cause!
Some pictures would be great of the torries running around, and if there is anything else worth taking pictures of.

#15 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

ok, change of plans, my torana wont be there, its in hiding for a little bit, lets just say the police want the car more than me, anyway if you see me come say hi, i will be there in my other ride a blinged out black odyssey, just look for the QUADRIO plates

#16 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Not those stupid hoon laws i dare say it they [the cops ]got nothing better to do nathan.

#17 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

We came and donated but left before cruise baby was getting grumpy no real cars there anyway all plastic.
They should have gotten a lot of money heeps of people there thats the main thing.

#18 _Stuart_

_Stuart_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

I went along in the purple LX. I have never seen anything like it, they reckon there was something like 1500 cars there! I didn't understand the point in parking in carparks everywhere, would have preferred an A to B cruise. There was a handfull of torries and other classics there but we were totally out-numbered by plastic and rice burners. I left after the Bunnings carpark as it was almost 12 o'clock by that stage and ambulances and police started rocking up. Only saw Josh (gen3) there, but managed to cruise with a couple of the boys from oldholden.com.

#19 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

I saw 2wild's odyssey, tried to come over and say hi but looked like he was having trouble finding a park, like everyone else. City West probably wasn't the best place to meet; i only got out of there at 10 or so after being boxed in by about 8 wrx's... by that stage the missus and i thought f*ck it; we'd given our donation money and headed home. Talk about a great turnout tho, too bad it ended up being like a meet straight out of one of those 'fast and the furious' movies...

#20 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

i didnt like the cruise i saw stuart who i did try to catch up with again but my torana was playing up it overheated twice once at citywest just idling waiting to get out and once at city beach i did however get a fair bit of respect as i was coming in lot off good comments made about my car i got to the second stop off and i left because of troubles with the engine it was outnumber by ricers and it didnt really phase me not many torrys there either

cheers josh

#21 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

and it was infested by cops

#22 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:18 AM

yeah i left after the second stop, just too many cars, and mainly ricers revving there engines constantly. when are these people going to learn that 4 cylinders sound like crap. plus i heard a couple of people laughing saying i brought the family car out,

#23 _Stuart_

_Stuart_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

Haha, I just found Josh's torry and me in this video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7Q_IuLEGT0k

It's at 3:33 to 3:39, I'm walkin behind Josh's torry in the wife beater and shorts.

#24 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

Saw a few people I know in that video :)

#25 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

:D big grin from ear to ear my car's getting noticed :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users