Shed Broken Into- St Patty's Night

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 _lxtorrie_

_lxtorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

Hey all,

Last night some low life scum decided to help themselves to a fair few of my tools and torana gear.
I believe that it must have been someone that I know or someone who has been checking the house out over a period of time as I always have my shed locked, and try to keep exposure to the inside of my shed to a minimum.

But anyways the C*nts bend pack my shed door until the bolt came free and went to town on what was inside. Now im left with a half filled shed and a broken door latch.

I cant even explaine how angry I am, that ppl can help themselves to others belongings without even feeling a little remorse. Some of the stuff they have taken from what I have seen so far can never be replaced. Such as some of my original parts and original workshop manuals. Im just lucky that they didnt take my car....i just thank god that I left my ute parked in the drive so they would never had been able to move the torrie even if they wanted to.

So far im not to sure how much money I lost with all the parts missing, but I would love to find out who took them. People like this dont even deserve the air they breath. :furious:

Looks like my future plans for the old girl will now be put on hold for a while.

Mother Fu*kers!!!! Thats all I can say....

LXTORRIE

#2 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:15 PM

Sorry to hear. Post a list of any identifyable parts and we can keep a look out.

#3 _lxtorrie_

_lxtorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

After having a quick look over my shed,
Stuff stolen:

Electronic Dizzy
Front Pannels- unpainted
Bonnet-unpainted
Front Seats
SLR ash tray- original
Yella Terra Head
Trimaticx2
Sidchrome socket set, torque, shifters
Workshop Manuals
Master Cylinder
Badges, LX, 3300, Torana etc
Tyres for 13inch rims, 225 & 245
Radio- just a usual CD player kinda set up for shed tunes
AirCon bits
Bucket of Bolts & what-not- unsure of reason why
Car cover
Battery

So as you can see they helped themselves to a fair bit of shit.....Man im pissed! Still seems unreal tho, hasnt quite kicked in.

#4 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

shit hope you catch the bastards, must have been someone really local if they took pannels. good luck with tracking them down.

#5 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

Not to good mate.
Which state are you in?
This will help others keep an ear out for u
Damo

#6 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

Keep an eye on e-bay just in case.

#7 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

if you find out who it is buy 100 or so plane tickets to your city and a few of us will jump on planes and come pay him a visit :D

#8 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:20 PM

^^^ what he said lol WOOOT holiday :P

the tyres should be prity easy to pick will just keep and eye on ebay bgucking pricks i should probebly invest in better security hmm....

Edited by high_rpm, 18 March 2006 - 10:22 PM.

#9 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:52 PM

Bad luck mate. I hope you are insured. When I first moved here I had a clapped out Stihl chainsaw nicked from my shed. Forunately I still had the reciept and got it replaced with a new one. I don't need it here as I don't have an open fire so its "stihl" new. Good things may come of this if you are insured.

RACV MAN

#10 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:00 PM

that angers me to read this stuff, they took a fair bit of stuff, must of had a truck or something? they should be shot

#11 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

i recon a few doz torana enthusiasts with baseball bats, cricket bats, crow bars, axes and the like would be more affective in getting the point across....

#12 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:42 AM

M*THER F*CKERS!!!

buy a dog my friend, a large aggressive one -

#13 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:15 AM

sounds like whoever it was has been in your shed before they knew what they wanted fu#kin as#holes, scan the papers and ebay mate the parts might popup somewhere. that really pisses me to hear that, hope you catch em, c#nts

#14 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:57 AM

SHIT, my heart goes out 2 u matey. It sucks when u learn someone has been watching u. Any neighbours c anything??? I have an extremely close relationship with my neighbours and i know if they seen anyone off loadin bits from my property something would b done.

Re the dog thing > I had a big german sheppard in Adel b4 I move to hills and our shed was done over, they severly traumatised this dog. It ended up because of his phobias he was almost put on dangerous dog conditions.

It is hard to know who to trust, but i am finding i have 2 be more private than ever (if u kno me then u know this is very hard!!!) and guarded.

AUSTRALIA = mini america.
It would b sooo nice to catch some of theese pricks.

A reminder to all of us to check our insurance levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

Yup, that really sucks. I know how you feel. Damn low life's that find it easier to take other peeps stuff, rather than do it the hard way like the rest of us, i.e. work for it.

#16 _Leakey_

_Leakey_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

Really sorry to hear this LXTORRIE, where are u based?

Definately worth following EBAY & Trading post.

Agree with ^^ They must have had a truck/ute and at least a couple of blokes
to carry all that and transport it away.

And your neighbours saw nothing?

I had an LX hatchback stolen, my first car, and no insurance.
I was part of a Torana club back then and thought it was and inside
job as the car was pretty heavily modded and had wierd security
items on it that they only knew/understood. That makes the deal
even worse. I hope it was not people you know.

I think my current baby is my mental fix for what happened back then.

A bitter pill to swallow, but at least you still have the car.

Insurance can be hard to get on so many items, and difficult to
explain why an 'ashtray' etc. would be worth so much. The big dog
is expensive too, and could back fire on you. What about some
cheap sensor lights? 150W pointing not just at your shed, but at the
neighbours house so it pisses them off enough to come out?!

Hopefully this little community can get some of the stuff back for you.

Cheers, Leakey

#17 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:38 PM

lxtorrie, could you supply your location as I am in a position to donate the following items:

Electronic Dizzy
Front Panels
Trimatic
Master Cylinder

Needless to say I would need some more specific details, as it would be pointless donating a UC front guard if you have an earlier model vehicle.

#18 _lxhatch_jim_

_lxhatch_jim_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:48 PM

Surely someone knows something. As you said, it's someone with access/knowledge of what you had - not opportunistic theft.

I'd been broken into twice so I forked out $300 and got a security system that costs $10/week to run.

Posted Image

Nothing has gone missing since I've had him. I found having your personal space violated worse than the stuff being stolen. Dog's aren't the perfect safeguard but it helps. I've got a good mate now too.

#19 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

lxtorrie,
These stories make me MAD!! Sounds like it's lucky your
ute was blocking the torrie in,these pricks could have
taken the lot!
It's little wonder we end up paranoid about our cars.
Not to mention our collections of increasingly hard
to find spare parts.

Really hope you can find out who's responsible,maybe
get some gear back! they must have made some noise,
taken a bit of time.

Going outside to lock shed..

#20 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

yay doberman!!! i had two when i was a weee tacker...will get another one day.

#21 _lxtorrie_

_lxtorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for the reply guys,
Im located in Townsville NthQLD.
Aparently me neighbours saw nothing, but we are not on very good terms due to the fact that they are retired and my place is full of uni students. But as for knowing who it was, I would love to find out! I do have a small idea that it may have something to do with my ex room mate as he was also a rev head, but was kicked out for selling drugs....so this may be a direct retaliation. I informed the police of this, but they dont seem to be doing much about it which makes it even more annoying.
Not to mention that I have been spending the entire day trying to secure my now broken shed door down as we are expecting a cyclone to hit 2mora morning. YAY!.....NOT

#22 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

your only 8 hours drive away from me. if you get evidence of who it is i'll organize a road trip :D

#23 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, keep your chin up and try to not let it get you down too much.

Really does s**t me that pricks who make the effort to stake out a joint and pinch everything in sight but can't make any effort to work a little bit harder and legally get the bits you need.

If your in a position to have a dog i personally think they make a considerable difference, my two do a good job of keeping the place "Grub" free, the little one (who is a nasty looking little number when he wants to be) does a great job of keeping an eye out and barking/growling when need be, and the big girl i've got here looks like a princess but is known to take chunks out of would be grubs (got a fright when i found a serious trail of blood one night).

These arent the reasons i own dogs as there a million more benefits that they give you but it is handy to have.

Keep an eye out for these parts guys, and if there is anyway these items can be identified properly let us know so we can spot them and stop this bulls**t amongst the torana community.

#24 _lxtorrie_

_lxtorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:17 AM

Hey all fellow torana owners and car enthusiasts,
Thanks all for the comments about the recent misfortune I have experienced. I too also have a dog, but due to the fact that it keeps getting babied by the missus I dont know how much help it would have been. But who knows. As for tracking down my stolen goods, the cyclone has put a big damper on proceeding with the investigations. And yes my shed contents were also not insured, so I guess now I have learned a very harsh lesson and shall be looking into insurance in the near future. However thanks all for offering to help me out with tracking the ppl down, and i can guarantee that if something like this happened to somebody else I know, I to would be doing all I can to help them out.

Cheers ppl
LXTORRIE

#25 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:21 PM

I hate hearing these stories mate... As others have said it sounds like they knew what they were after... I'd be trying to take a close look at the guy you got rid of... i think you may be on the right track.

Makes me sick hearing stories like this.

Best of luck with your gear and the cyclone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users