"Drag Day - The Aftermath"

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

Yeh, 'onya LUSHUZ! I think you popped a few eyes open that day :spoton: :rockon:

#52 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

Rene: Your signature says it all! Ask for forgivness not permission.. It was awesome to see everyone giving it a red hot go! Yep Simmo had never raced, as i'm aware you hadnt, and also Ferg's Daughter too!

We had HEAPS of new people and thats why i tried to do some basic exlpainations at the beginning of the day and for the DYO stuff! I hope people understood my ramblings!

The day was great, and i'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves! in drag racing lesson 2... we'll show you how to cut a good light and get a good reaction time! hehehe

Cheers :)

#53 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

Shame no one got a group photo or anything, woulda been a good thing to keep. And for that sole reason we'll have to host another whole drag day with even more Toranas and less daily drivers :P

Hopefully my car will be ready for the next Drag Day and I can learn a few tips and tricks of drag racing too :)

#54 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:01 PM

I would have thought the more cars the merrier whether they are Toranas or not.

Isnt it about having a good time (no pun intended) and getting to know forum members.

:rolleyes:

#55 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

If I've got 6 months to the next meet, I don't like my chances of brining a Torry that would be able to run down the 1/4 under it's own power. But we shall see.

#56 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:32 PM

we got a pic of a few of us back at the motel... Toran amore i think has the pic on his camera, and tiny might have one as well!

Just have to add again. GREAT DAY!

#57 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:53 AM

Hey Rick, good showing mate!! You totally smashed your previous best, congratulations. Nice job on the car too, see a few better pics and it looks very neat, all you gotta do is find some decent rims now and it will look and perform :D

Peace,

EDIT - Totally spewing I wasn't there!!

Edited by Liam, 21 March 2006 - 08:55 AM.

#58 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:03 AM

Here is the time slip from the "DEAD HEAT", the timing system is acuurate to one tenthousandth of a second.

Posted Image

#59 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:21 AM

Tinkers is right... The more cars the better.. No matter what they are! I was really happy to see that everyone drove what they had no matter how quick or slow it ran and STILL enjoyed themselves!! That's EXACTLY what the day was organised for!!

It was great back at the hotel being able to catch up with everyone and alot of new faces i hadn't met before and have a good old chinwag, Topped off a great day!

Steve.. thanks for the scan of that time slip! I'll save a copy if you dont mind and email it off to Heathcote so theyve got it too!

Cheers :spoton:

#60 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

Steve.. thanks for the scan of that time slip! I'll save a copy if you dont mind and email it off to Heathcote so theyve got it too!

Go for it Tiny, it will save me emailing it to them :spoton: :spoton:

#61 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:08 AM

That Deadheat is incredible.

I've done the math and according to slip you both crossed the line at exactly 15.6900 seconds from the time the first green went (MYLJ had a 2.4 second handicap). That includes reaction times to.

Well there ya go, have a Torana event somewhere and something special will always happen, lol

#62 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:14 AM

For anyone who doesn't get it,
Left Lane Dialled in at 14.8 and Right land dialled in at 12.4 seconds, the difference being 2.4 sec. So they get the Left Lane car to take off 2.4 second earlier than the right lane car. From there its all up to reaction time and consistency. the difference btw the two reaction times 0.7425 - 0.6065 is 0.136 so you add it to the take off gap of 2.4 to get 2.5360.
The Left lane car did a 15.0835 and the Right lane one did a 12.5475 and the difference is exactly 2.5360, which is why the ET difference shows up as zero, freaky huh?, they both passed the finish line at the exact time to an accuracy of one tenthousandth.

This rarely every happens.

The Whole idea of DYO is consistancy in ET and to get as close to your time as possible and hopfully pass the finish line first (which is up to good low reaction time)

Now, I'm only posting this up to help some people to understand how the Dial Your Own works ....

We had HEAPS of new people and thats why i tried to do some basic explainations at the beginning of the day and for the DYO stuff! I hope people understood my ramblings!

.... because I obviously didn't get it, I wasn't listening, I thought I heard words like "burnout", "fry them", "sideways", LOL, I thought it was a burnout run to see how much smoke you can get down 400metres, LOL, HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :tease: :tease:
Nah, I just stuffed it and stalled it up too high (wrong advice from one of my mates) with no stall converter. Did anyone get pictures or video of it? That would've been some funny shit. :D

#63 _gtrtorana_

_gtrtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:19 AM

I applied the brakes at the last second in that race because it felt like I was comming close to breaking out. Thats why I crossed the line at 83mph and not the usual 91mph from my other runs. Happy to be part of history though.

#64 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:26 AM

Ive emailed the timecard to Heathcote with a short message of thanks to them as well!

It was an amazing thing to witness and be part of.. and as they said in all teh years heathcote has been there to never have had this happen before is amazing! And best of all it happed to US!

Anyway, Back to getting this video sorted.. Unfortunately i didnt film rick's burnout i mean pass that run ;)

Cheers!

#65 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

Great stuff, I love it!!!

I also emailed Joanne at Heathcote yesterday, thanking her from everyone here for putting on a great day. I'm sure she'll love getting a copy of that timeslip too!

#66 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:58 AM

i'm STILL capturing video....up to about 30 mins of video! I dont know how anyone will be able to download it all! hehehe!!

I'll cut it up into segements!

Cheers!

#67 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

fark... this is going to take me forever! Bear with me guys... bigger job than i thought!

#68 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:30 AM

Sounds like me last night when I was resizing and hosting all those pics. Quick half-hour job, no such animal. A few hours later and yet another late night getting to bed close to 2am!!! hahahahaha. Looking forward to seeing some clips though Tiny!!! I better not download them from work though!

#69 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:31 AM

haha Keep it up tiny! Cant wait for the footage!

#70 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:35 AM

i dont have many pics of actual racing, more static shots of cars... and most are already up! but if someone wants one ill host it up!

When we doing this again? if only i had some money, i would go up with eastside this weekend!

#71 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

heath wrote

we'll have to host another whole drag day with even more Toranas and less daily drivers

<_< what's he thinking???
he he he :D

#72 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:25 PM

I'm just going through creating the videos and i just realised that i dont even know who's car is who's! I know and remeber some of the people that ive known for a while but my memory is that bad i dont know all of them!

Please forgive me if i get the titles wrong or anything like that! I'm not being rude.. i'm just DUMB :) :blink: :blink:

#73 _lxhatch_jim_

_lxhatch_jim_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:22 PM

Lads. Would it be possible for someone to create a spread sheet of ET's and what engine/trans/diff ratio combos people were running? It would be interesting to see what a particular combo can achieve.

Cheers
Jim

#74 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

Did anyone get pictures or video of it? That would've been some funny shit.  :D

Yeah I saw it live Rick, that was a classic, had me in tears almost, still ran a mid 14 I think which I didn't think was too bad since it took about a second to actually start moving, and wheelspinning for about 100metres, lol.

As for the record, my Green LJs best was 14.8116 @ 93.26 MPH, this is with a 202, celica 5 speed, 3.55 banjo LSD and Yoko Advan A032rs. Will scan the slip this arvo.

Thought the best for the day was only 14.91, but after looking at a slip on monday where I thought it was only 15.4, I realised I was reading the wrong lanes ET (ie left lanes ET when I was actually in the right lane) :rolleyes: , so that was a nice surprise.

Edited by Shevster, 21 March 2006 - 01:33 PM.

#75 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Lads. Would it be possible for someone to create a spread sheet of ET's and what engine/trans/diff ratio combos people were running? It would be interesting to see what a particular combo can achieve.

Cheers
Jim

Did that about a year or more ago. Link is in my sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users