Where can you get done for burnouts?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 _mike_nofx_

_mike_nofx_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

I just wanted to know if you can get done for doing a burnout on your own property or a carpark.....

in particular, the car park at TAFE????

#2 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

Tafe carpark... i would say yes u can get done.. your own property i would say no to the bunout but yes to noise pollution.

tuff

#3 _lxtorrie_

_lxtorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

In short, I wouldnt risk it. Private property is a bit of a grey zone. Esp if you live next door to picky neighbours. Even if you dont get done for burnouts you will get a noice complaint or something similar. My mate had his car blacklisted for doing a burnout in his shed. And now he gets pulled over all the time. Having your car blacklisted is is something you dont want, esp if its over a burnout.

If you want to do burnouts I recommend going out of town to a possible mates place with a concrete shed/pad, or pay the small amout of cash it is each month and do burnouts till your hearts content on the burnout pad in your town.

Cheers
LXTORRIE

p.s Im sure that everyone has done a burnout on this forum in their life, including myself. I just make sure I try to keep the risk factor to a minimum and not get busted doing something stupid. i.e. tafe carpark is not the most ideal place to pull a skid and get away with it. :D

#4 _GSTRNG_

_GSTRNG_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

U will get done in the tafe carpark as it is considered government property.

Basically they can do u anywhere that is public thourghfare as they have durisdiction in all public areas.

#5 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:50 PM

Government Property ---> Owned by the People ---> Public Land

#6 _mike_nofx_

_mike_nofx_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

I kinda did do a little one this arvo leaving tafe :fool:

and i had to drive past the person in the booth who collects your money, (they didnt see me do ther burnout, tho) i dont think they could see the plate tho because it was kinda smoked out....

but i go there every monday. and im thinkin wether i should drive another car next week or park hidden somewhere, till it blows over.

#7 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

Lose control in a TAFE area and they will not only throw the book at you, you may well lose your car! Quite rightly so too!!!!

Herne

#8 _GSTRNG_

_GSTRNG_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Well if u went past and gave him ur money and he didn't say anything chances r he didn't notice or couldn't care less.

And on the other hand maybe he did notice and u may have brought a little ray of sunshine ( or tyre smoke ) to his otherwise booth ridden dull and boring life...

#9 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

Road Related area - an area that is not a road and that is open to or used by the public for driving riding or parking vehicles. (Australian Road Rules, Rule 13) means that the TAFE car park makes you fair game.

#10 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

The burnout thing comes up a fair few times in this forum and I've never said much on the grounds that it might incriminate. so,.. ahem ahem,.. I shall give a mature peice of advice:

Believe me, from my experience, even when it seems that everyone around you supports and encourages and basically condones the burnout, you have to be weary of the 1 sook factor and there is always one and it will bite you in the ass. They can be other drivers, on-lookers, shop owners or private residents, even from a distance. Your car is unique and stands out like dogs balls and cops will always be able to pick it from a distance and remember it from a complaint. Councils also have nothing better to do. In the end, it's fun and exciting, you're mates will have a laugh and it'll grab attention, but it's just not worth the trouble and besides, most chicks I've met don't dig it. They won't get in the car with you if they think it's unsafe, although they apparently want excitement (confusing huh?).
In the end, with all the temptation and peer group pressure, you have to keep it to a minimal if you want your car to stay on the road registered. Just take it and your eager mates to a deserted industrial area or remote area or something.

Some quick formulae:

1 carpark + 1 burnout + a dozen happy entertained condoning spectators = have a nice day, get the fguck out of there quick.
1 carpark + 1 burnout + a dozen happy entertained condoning spectators + 1 sook = trouble, get the fguck out of there quick.
1 private property + 1 Burnout + happy entertained condoning neighbours + 1 sook = continous problems from council and landlords (if any)
1 public road + 1 burnout + a dozen happy entertained condoning spectators + no traffic or residential area = probably nothing until you see blue and red flashing lights.
1 public road + 1 burnout + a dozen happy entertained condoning spectators + traffic and/or residential area = blue and read flashing lights and possibly a bingle.

#11 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:21 PM

I just wanted to know if you can get done for doing a burnout on your own property or a carpark.....

Burnouts do involve burning rubber........which is a practice that has been banned the world over, for reasons involving both toxic and carcinogenic emissions . So dumping this stuff on your neighbour, wouldnt be very nice.....and yes could invoke attention from the Police and the EPA

#12 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

u pay to park at TAFE? :S thats weird. i dont :)

#13 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:57 AM

Burnouts do involve burning rubber........which is a practice that has been banned the world over, for reasons involving both toxic and carcinogenic emissions . So dumping this stuff on your neighbour, wouldnt be very nice.....and yes could invoke attention from the Police and the EPA

So where does government legislation stand as far as legally sanctioned burnout events are concerned? By your statement they would be deemed illegal on the grounds of Toxic emmissions and the organisers fined/charged.

#14 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:52 AM

,Mar 21 2006, 02:57 AM]
So where does government legislation stand as far as legally sanctioned burnout events are concerned?  By your statement they would be deemed illegal on the grounds of Toxic emmissions and the organisers fined/charged.

Cant say I know the answer to that?, as its something Ill never be doing...going to a race meeting or burn out event....I wont be spending the time finding the answer.
There's a difference between putting a tyre on the incinerator in terms of emissions and smoking one on the car,however, Im not prepared to accept that there wont be any nasties in tyre smoke.

Edited by devilsadvocate, 21 March 2006 - 07:53 AM.

#15 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:05 AM

perhaps the EPA have not considered burnouts as yet, perhaps they have and they are acting on additional legislation further down the track and then again perhaps they turn a blind eye to burnout comps.

Lets hope they continue to allow 'controlled' burnout type events. If they were to stop controlled burnouts then we would have no drag meetings per se or if we did they might be boring :)

Cheers
Herne

#16 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

As Toranr Amore has said, you are likely to get in trouble for it basically anywhere except for at an offical event. It is a certainty that given enough reason (ie, you do it every week when u leave TAFE) someone will complain, whether it be because of the smoke, or the danger, or the noise or whatever. You never know when those blue and white cars are going to drive past and its just not worth losing your licence or getting a bad rating on ur insurance and all that.

One thing to say it, another to have the self control to do it when the urge is there.

Peace,

#17 _mike_nofx_

_mike_nofx_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

Not exactly the answers i wanted to hear.

At tafe you pay BEFORE you drive in, so i paid in the morning, and smoked it up leaving tafe (in tafe grounds).

Im already workin on a story for next monday if they confront me...
for a start i am going to park outside tafe. and i am going to say i stalled it and it was exhaust smoke when i re-started the motor......

The guy in the booth didnt see me actually do it, but when i left the tafe gates and look in the rear view... the smoke was blowing past the booth.

#18 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

Ive seen people do burnouts around the streets and get away with it daily, but its mostly kids going home from high school on there p's and while other kids are walking home they open up the throttle and absoultly cane it, No one really cares, and it's good fun to watch, but its funny as to how close they are to the phone poll, I guess it will be there own problem in the end anyway :P! But apart from that, make sure no ones watching, and do it in an area were grumpy old men arnt are. Kids like myself love to see that sh!t, there parents hate it but.

*Liam

#19 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:37 PM

Liam I think you are missing the point here :)

Kids doing burnouts on P's and on their way home from school yeah! wow thats great Now tell me what happens and how many kids may be killed when one of these loonatics loses control and runs into a crowd of other kids standing there watching him and cheering him on? You are right noone really cares until someone gets killed then there is a hue and cry over fast cars and kids.
It's got little to do with grumpy old men! it's got more to do with common dog bguck! Translation - common sense.
yeah it's good to have fun but showing off with little or no driving experience is a bit of a no brainer.
Please think about it.

Thank god we have places like Heathcote where for a measly few dollars one can improve ones skills without puting others at risk.

Cheers
Herne

#20 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:58 PM

Herne, would you be reffering to the guy who lost control of his car, went through a school fence and as a result, a 7 year old student lost his foot?

#21 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

I drove my torana to TAFE, had bare extractors. Very loud, and i was frying tyres out side on my lunch break every day. every gear change was a massive bang! LOL

,nathan

#22 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:17 PM

Nahh didnt hear about that one CHOPPER mate, but there are many similar stories out there from all over. Then the kids wonder why they are gonna be limited to granny type shopping cars and be on their P's for many years to come.

Cheers
Herne

#23 _svenikus_

_svenikus_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:12 PM

Herne, would you be reffering to the guy who lost control of his car, went through a school fence and as a result, a 7 year old student lost his foot?

That's slightly different, that dumbass was drunk as a skunk.. what's worse is the joke of a sentence he got, a little kid loses his leg, so he says sorry and gets a wholly suspended sentence, what a bgucking joke!

Edited by svenikus, 21 March 2006 - 11:15 PM.

#24 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

A better example I can vaguely remember reading in the newspaper was when one young bloke tried to fly around a corner sideways (probably tried to powerslide or something) and plowed into a bus shelter of kids.
This happened a few months ago.

#25 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:13 PM

A note to all who intend on doing burnouts in public areas...

I used to be a bit of a lead-foot back in my youth (2yrs ago), i'd never do burnouts though... My tyres cost too much for me to replace as often as i could blow them if i did! I was on a cruise and adrenaline took over. A couple of crappy imported jap cars did pathetic little skids as they left the beach (where we were), and i thought to myself 'thats piss weak, i could do heaps better than that'. The thought played on my mind for about half an hour til we had to leave for home... Should I... Shouldn't I... I did a burnout. It was huge, thought one of my tyres was gonna pop, but it didnt! I went past about 5 groups of people, smoke everywhere, i admit it was mad, and everyone gave me the thumbs up whenever they saw me from then on, but what wasnt so good was about 3km up the road i got a ticket!!

The only burnout i ever did on the street was the one that i got caught for... Lesson learned. It could have been more dangerous if i was travelling at speed, but still - i was risking lives, and i payed the price.

Dont do it where there's people who can be injured by your actions, and where you can (and will) get caught. My car was then blacklisted, but since ive had a respray i havent had much trouble.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users