Where can you get done for burnouts?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

A note to all who intend on doing burnouts in public areas...

I used to be a bit of a lead-foot back in my youth (2yrs ago), i'd never do burnouts though... My tyres cost too much for me to replace as often as i could blow them if i did! I was on a cruise and adrenaline took over. A couple of crappy imported jap cars did pathetic little skids as they left the beach (where we were), and i thought to myself 'thats piss weak, i could do heaps better than that'. The thought played on my mind for about half an hour til we had to leave for home... Should I... Shouldn't I... I did a burnout. It was huge, thought one of my tyres was gonna pop, but it didnt! I went past about 5 groups of people, smoke everywhere, i admit it was mad, and everyone gave me the thumbs up whenever they saw me from then on, but what wasnt so good was about 3km up the road i got a ticket!!

The only burnout i ever did on the street was the one that i got caught for... Lesson learned. It could have been more dangerous if i was travelling at speed, but still - i was risking lives, and i payed the price.

Dont do it where there's people who can be injured by your actions, and where you can (and will) get caught. My car was then blacklisted, but since ive had a respray i havent had much trouble.

Keith

ahahahhaha thats funny

burn outs are bad mmkkkkaaaayyyyy.........

fun......... but............ bad..........

#27 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

Yeah your right Herne

Im in Year 7, and find the drags way cooler, but I live an hour away from the drags... I take my mates to the drags to show them how cooler it is off street, but keep in mind I hardly ever go. It's mainly Bommadores doin the burnouts, Should someone actully stop these kids I doubt it will ever happen... You cant admit that you guys yourself were probably hoons in your younger days, everyone always will, and until they have that head on crash they learn there lesson (I hope). Thats what im always hearing, they crash and they never do it again, some people may not learn...

Is there a soulotion to these problems?

#28 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

Gents,

Take a few things into consideration before your ego takes over.

Mid way through this year, car seizure laws come into effect in Victoria. Meaning that if you stuff up, the police will take your car off you. 1st offence 48 hours, 2nd a few weeks, 3rd offence forever and the vehicle will be sold.

Burnouts in residential areas are totally irresponsible and highly illegal. Someone will always sook about them, and rightly so. Noise, smoke, dangerous driving. Someone's kid will get collected by you one day. Explain that to the judge!!

Leaving decent black marks on the road is criminal. You would expect to get arrested for spraying graffiti on a wall. So why not ugly black marks on someone elses property (vic roads, tafe car park). The charge is called criminal damage.

I could ramble on for hours about this, but I wont. IF YOU MUST DO BURNOUTS TO HAVE FUN, DO THEM IN A SAFE PLACE!!! (eg events, drag strip etc) People who dont are asking for trouble, let alone wrecking the image of street machining.

#29 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

Well said LX406! :clap:

#30 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:24 PM

Thats right, it's the image that counts. Hot cars are always gunna attract attention from police, ect, whether doing the right thing or not.

When i first got my car finished and was running the motor in a took it on a cruise bout 200km round trip and through 4 towns. I had my missus in the car and we just cruised, I got pulled over 4 times. The car had just been pitted and registered, not a thing wrong with it and they couldn't find anything, but the checked it all out.

Im right into racing and burnouts ect, but have never been booked because im not that silly. I have hours and hours of mine and mates cars over the years doing burnouts, but, the cops in our area dont really hassle us unless we are stupid around town, they're not dumb they know whats going on when a heaps of us go cruising out of of town in our cars.

Like a few other have said find somewhere remote where you won't have to worry about getting hassled, or just take it to the track, but make sure you behave around town and keep on the right side of the right people, It makes life a lot easier.

Cheers

Les

#31 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Right on LX406 :rockon:

#32 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:33 AM

Im in Year 7, and You cant admit that you guys yourself were probably hoons in your younger days, everyone always will, and until they have that head on crash they learn there lesson (I hope). Thats what im always hearing, they crash and they never do it again

Liam, you�re young�year 7, and are making a lot of assumptions about life. It is only a minority of people that drive cars that light up the tyres, it is not a typical thing or something that every person has a birth right to do. Many confess to breaking certain laws in the life like it�s the normal thing to do, shoplifting, reckless speeding,drinkdriving etc��yet again its only a minority of people.
You are implying that the way to learn is through the �school of hard knocks�, well yes there are plenty not around who received too big an early knock and/or are now too punch drunk to live a normal existence. Listen to what your elders say and don�t follow the mob!

Edited by devilsadvocate, 25 March 2006 - 07:35 AM.

#33 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:07 AM

And on the other hand maybe he did notice and u may have brought a little ray of sunshine ( or tyre smoke ) to his otherwise booth ridden dull and boring life...

haha this reminds me of something. Once I went on a large organised cruise and I was in my old UC torry. We went down the M4 and had to pay the toll. All the toll booth chicks were egging everyone on to smoke it up. She goes to me "come on, show us what shes got!!". So naturally being 17 at the time, there was only one option. :rockon:

#34 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:56 AM

Theres always more then one option, its wether or not your disciplined enought or have the ability to control the urge..

Not saying i had disciplin when i was young and i definetly couldnt control the urge to let it rip...Maybe when your older the consaquences are heavier thats why we tend to think alot more then react..

Even tho its wrong to do a stupid thing like a big massave burnout in front of all your young mates its very hard for a young teen with alot of pride about there car to controll themselfs and behave when in a curtain position..

We All grow up in the end wether it be by trial and error or by listening to an elder we all still grow up and learne (atleast i hope)..

Wrong place at the Wrong time, ever heard of that saying.. Just like a storekeeper being continualy robbed for months on end and one day he has a rageing fit and kills a onetime shoplifter, the poor storekeeper might have been an inocent law filling citizen till curcumstance brang him to a sad end..Same goes for the onetime shoplifter, peer pressure might have led him to pinch something for the first time and he winds up dead...

Thruth be told not many teens can controll there urges when under peer pressure, its not just a minority like you mention devil..

John

#35 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:48 AM

[QUOTE]Thats right, it's the image that counts. Hot cars are always gunna attract attention from police, ect, whether doing the right thing or not.

I was at work the other saturday night.About midnight i could smell burnin rubber.
Thought i'd go and have a look.Bout 40 commonwhores in the car park doin burnouts and donuts.Asked one of the guys there and they informed me they were on an organised cruise.Fair enough.
Twenty minutes later a lone copper comes along with just his lights on and all the cars dissapear in two mins flat,except for me.
Mr plod drives over to me and asked if this was the"Holden" club.....
I explained that these ppl were a club not associated with most "Holden" car clubs and were part of their own club.
Once again Mr Plod just sees a holden and thinks more hoons.
After ours ten minute chat i think he went off a bit more enlightend.
But this is just an example of "bad image"
Damo

#36 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:06 PM

Damo: Good on you mate. What you came across is the unfortunately majority! You did exactly the right thing in talking with the officer who was just doing his job, and hopefully he now has a greater understanding and respect for the ENTHUSIAST.

We as enthusiasts can only do our level best to counter the popular image of the hoon the idiot and the ratbag by driving respectfully even if our cars are MORE hoonish than the crappers that seem to be invovled in the dramas.

The more people that realise we all love our cars and our freedoms to enjoy them the easier it may become for us all!

(The one thing i find funny... the lawmakers of today are the hoons of yesterday... All these anti hoon laws are being brought in by people who NO DOUBT did it at some time in their life.. and are now so scared of dying themselves that theyre hiding behind a moral safety issue.... have a think about that one...) /soapbox....

Cheers and well done Damo!

#37 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:38 PM

(The one thing i find funny... the lawmakers of today are the hoons of yesterday... All these anti hoon laws are being brought in by people who NO DOUBT did it at some time in their life.. and are now so scared of dying themselves that theyre hiding behind a moral safety issue.... have a think about that one...) /soapbox....

I was thinking the exact same thing Tiny..

John

#38 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Im in Year 7, and You cant admit that you guys yourself were probably hoons in your younger days, everyone always will, and until they have that head on crash they learn there lesson (I hope). Thats what im always hearing, they crash and they never do it again

Liam, you�re young�year 7, and are making a lot of assumptions about life. It is only a minority of people that drive cars that light up the tyres, it is not a typical thing or something that every person has a birth right to do. Many confess to breaking certain laws in the life like it�s the normal thing to do, shoplifting, reckless speeding,drinkdriving etc��yet again its only a minority of people.
You are implying that the way to learn is through the �school of hard knocks�, well yes there are plenty not around who received too big an early knock and/or are now too punch drunk to live a normal existence. Listen to what your elders say and don�t follow the mob!

Hmmm, your %100 right, I dont follow the mob mate, because if I did i'd be on a Skyline forum lol (Which is sad :P). I dont plan to follow the mob, I reackon doing it on track is way more awsome, and you show it off to people who appreciate it, and its in a safe enviroment! This thread has lightend my head, I guess it's uncool to do burnouts on the street. Anyway, I dont wanna crash a Torana... thats for sure.

*Liam

#39 _Terrible One_

_Terrible One_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

When I went to TAFE for the first year of my mechanics apprenticeship I thought I was at Summernats burnout comp or something.

I found that mechanics/diesel fitters/auto electricians like doing big skids in their VL's every single day of the week. <_<

#40 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

^^^^ Yeah same, every day after tafe they'd all jump in their cars rev the guts outta em and do wheelies, Some brainy mechanics there I tell ya. How about warming the car up for starters, than once the motors warm you've still got a cold diff anyway, and they call themselves mechanics.

Cheers

Les

#41 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

LOL tafe was the same for me every wednesday.It looked like a burnout comp & at least every second week someone would break something or get done by the cops waiting outside the gates.Some people never learned but it was fun watching the same guys break their cars or get done by the cops at Padstow tafe & it was always the same guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users