• Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

anyone know what transmission oil i can use in my Caterpillar 428 backhoe

#2 _luv the uc_

_luv the uc_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Extract from Cat service information on 416, 426, 428, 436 AND 438 SERIES II BACKHOE LOADERS
Transmission and Torque Converter (TDTO)
Maximum transmission life and performance can be achieved by using Caterpillar's:

* Cat Transmission/Drive Train Oil (TDTO)
NOTE: Failure to follow this recommendation can cause shortened transmission life due to material incapability and inadequate frictional requirements for disc materials.

If circumstances require the use of an oil other than Cat Transmission/Drive Train Oil, use an oil that meets API CD/TO-2 or military specification MIL-L-2104D.

If I was to guess I would say TO-430

If you pm me some machine specifics I may be able to help further.

#3 _luv the uc_

_luv the uc_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Extract from Cat service information on 416, 426, 428, 436 AND 438 SERIES II BACKHOE LOADERS
Transmission and Torque Converter (TDTO)
Maximum transmission life and performance can be achieved by using Caterpillar's:

* Cat Transmission/Drive Train Oil (TDTO)
NOTE: Failure to follow this recommendation can cause shortened transmission life due to material incapability and inadequate frictional requirements for disc materials.

If circumstances require the use of an oil other than Cat Transmission/Drive Train Oil, use an oil that meets API CD/TO-2 or military specification MIL-L-2104D.

If I was to guess I would say TO-430

If you pm me some machine specifics I may be able to help further.

#4 _bones_

_bones_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

Here is a BP site that may help
http://www.bp.com/if...egoryId=9007715

Bones

#5 _Roadknight_

_Roadknight_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

Use CAT lubricants for CAT equipment.

Ring CAT service.

#6 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

so TO-430 is the grade of trans oil i need? It's a farm backhoe and i found water in the trans and hoping draining will fix it

#7 _luv the uc_

_luv the uc_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Yep, Autran TO-430 will be fine. Might as well change the filter and check the suction screen screen (if applicable) while you are at it.

#8 _2runa_

_2runa_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

so TO-430 is the grade of trans oil i need? It's a farm backhoe and i found water in the trans and hoping draining will fix it

There are 3 possible entres of water into the trans 1. topping up with contaminated containers 2. breather entee by going through deep water and 3. transmission oil cooler leak if the system is Water Cooled, this is usually everdent by oil in the water however when the engine is turned off and it cools off it can draw water in via an o-ring, gasket or crack in the oil cooler Note : 430 is a heaver oil than a general ATF I use it in a lot of my machines PM me if you need some more details on whats an eqiv. for your machine

Edited by 2runa, 14 June 2009 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users