- - - - -

TREMOR Torana � Reborn!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:32 PM

Well we all knew it was coming and finally the TREMOR torana has been reborn!! :spoton: The pic below is a shot out of the PSC mag a few months back, however i bought the car MINUS the motor and simmons. Hopefully i will have some new pics for you soon!

The car needs a bit of work (it isnt as good cond as it looks in these photos) but as you will see the specs this car are much more focused on meeting the ANDRA regulations then the VH.

Posted Image

Model : 1975 LH Torana
Rego : TREMOR
Colour: Metallic Blue
Motor : 308 Holden
Heads : VN Heads, o-ring'd, Large Stainless Valves
Induction : Holly 750dp, Harrop Hi-Rise Manifold
Cam : Crow Cam (Large Solid)
Other Mods: A9L rods, Keith Black Forged Flat Top pistons, Full Stud Kit...and some other little bits and pieces
Ignition : MSD 6AL, MSD "Pro Billet" Dizzy, MSD Blaster 2 Coil
Power : Not to sure
Gearbox: Manualised 2-speed Powerglide, Transbrake & ANDRA approved Transblanket
Diff : 9 Inch, 31 Spline Billet Axels, Mini Spool
Exhaust : Custom headers with 3' dump pipes (exhaust coming soon)
Fuel System : Twin Holley Black fuel pumps, twin 1/2 inch lines, twin filters, twin Holly Regs with individual pressure gauges, fuel cell.
Suspension : {Front:} Pedders 90/10 Shocks & King Spings {Rear:} Pedders 50/50 shocks & King Springs
Wheels/Tyres : {Front:} 4' Centerlines with MT Front Runners {Rear:} 9' Centerlines with 28/9.5/15 MT Slicks
Interior : 6-Point ANDRA Roll cage, SAAS Racing seat, RCI 5-point Harness, perspex windows, Custom dash with liquid filled Auto Meter Gauges, GTS Wheel, B&M Pro Rachet Shifter.
Other Mods : Gilmer Belt Drives, Custom fibreglass bonnet, boot and bumpers, Battery in Boot.

The car also came with a fully retrimed interior, the steel bonnet, boot and bumpers so if i want to convert it back to a full time street car it will be pretty simple! :rockon:

Keeping in mind the motor is still a standard stroke 308 with cast heads (and no port job), hopefully with the weight reduction i should be able to compete against the full bodied strokers and keep up! :D

The motor should be ready to go in next mon/tues, so will keep you all posted on the progress! :spoton:

#2 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:17 AM

Very very nice DeNMaSteR

#3 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:55 AM

Real nice!!!

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:31 AM

Sweet. I've been waiting a long time for this one. Should be nuts!

#5 _355lxss_

_355lxss_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

very nice :spoton: sounds like the car came loaded with a few goddies too. should run some very good numbers once complete.

#6 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:07 AM

The simmons don't match anyway, so don't worry about it :D But sounds like you have some very good gear and as you say, it is set up a little bit better for racing than the VH. Its going to be awesome!! Well done.

Peace,

#7 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

*Homer Simpson Drool* :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Will it be ready for the Easternats?

#8 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

...he's in Perth.

#9 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

Dude... youve outdone yourself yet again!!

That looks amazing... I cant wait to see what you turn it into!

Cheers!

#10 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

hey mate, very nice LH! cant wait to see it with the engine in it and racing!

A1

#11 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

mate thats awesome , looks 100% better then it did in those pics you sent me if thats possible :o you finally have another torry :)

#12 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

i agree with liam the simmons dont suit it no great loss.

#13 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys, im definitly excited to get everything underway, in regards to the simmons just to quote 1QUICK LJ "no great loss" i couldnt agree more, i personally think torries look best in "Pro Street" style so first on the shopping list is a set of Convo Pros........ :spoton:

#14 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

nice, yes i can see why you said it looks a bit like mine, will be good to go for a cruise when shes all done

#15 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

Well the time is near! :) On Fri I organised a PWR Alloy Radiator and twin Thermos for the car! and yesterday the work Began! I gave the block a good clean up and just removed allot of the general build-up of dirt. :D

I wasnt going to polish the manifold cause it is HPC coated so i just gave it a clean by hand with a bit of metal cleaner and it has come up a treat! :D Once that was done we bolted the heads and manifold back on (the ARP stud kit is massive and gave us a small bit of greif with the copper gaskets but we got it sorted in the end!) then gave the motor a fresh coat of paint and finally that part is DONE!! :spoton:

I ordered the Hi-Nrg sump today so once that arrives we will be removing the old motor that is still in the car and giving the bay a very quick clean up and then my motor will be dropped in and fired up! :rockon: Cant wait!

Will post some photos of the motor soon!

#16 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:52 AM

Hey Guys!

Its been a while since my last post, i am currently building a house and i have just got the keys so the cash is heading out the door faster then a doorslamer down the quarter mile! so the car has been on the back burner for a bit!!! :blink:

BUT on that note the motor is finished and is ready to go in!! As we are heading into winter and a few of the boys will have their cars ready for next summer i have been in the middle of making a decision on wether or not to bring the Torrie back to Super Street instead of Super Sedan, this way it could still be raced this way but could also be taken on the cruises and driven every now and then! i already have all the interior etc but it just needs a heap of time spent on it to get there. :spoton:

Im interested in knowing your opinions?? :D

Cheers

#17 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

i'd love to see it cruising around with gav's beast (2_FLY) aswell as seeing it put down some decent times as the plex

also theres a chick organising old school car cruises now man, should be good!

#18 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

...Cruising with 2WILD4U and VIPER;

I think Super-Street may be the way :)

#19 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:45 AM

Yep, that sounds like a plan!! Super Street it is!! I have been dying to get out and do some crusin! :driving:

I dropped the car off to the mechanics on Sat to get the old motor removed (it still had the guys motor in it that i bought the car from) Once the motor is out i am going to pick the car up and leave my motor on the stand so i can start the conversion back to street trim!

I am unsure of what gearbox to use, i have the choice of the toughened Trimatic or the Powerglyde with Transbrake??? I think the trimatic is the better option for the street, but at the same time the powerglyde has the transbrake :rockon: .....what to do what to do???

There is allot more work to do then i thought though! :cry: to give you an idea:
  • All new windows and door internals (The car has full perspex atm) i have a full set of windows as well
  • Re-fit the interior & fit new carpets
  • Install Speedo
  • Re-wire the ignition system and alternator
  • Install new steering colum as the car uses a push-start at the mo
  • Re-coat extractors & Fit an exhaust
  • Re-fit steel bonnet and boot
  • Purchase a set of street wheels :party:
Most of this stuff is more time consuming then expensive as i have most of the parts already, but i would also like to give the car a quick top coat of paint just to freshen it up but that will all be $$$ pending :)

I think it will take a while to complete as i am still in the middle of completing my house which is taking priority atm! But i will keep you all posted on the progress and finally get some photos up!!

Cheers

#20 _SL/R SS A9X_

_SL/R SS A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

:clap: Real Real nice torana.

Jason

#21 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

Cheers Jason!

Real Quick update for yas!

The motor is out, and the engine bay has been 80% stripped and the car is back home! we will be working on the car for the next couple of weeks to strip it down and get it ready for a fresh topcoat :rockon:

and yeh yeh i know....i need to get some photos :tease:

Cheers

#22 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:42 PM

sounds good, get cracking

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip