Powercruise powerplay QR, anyone going ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

Anyone on GMH taking a torrie or planing on going up to spectate ?

http://www.powercrui.../?powerplay=pp4

I plan on going up and Big-T said he may turn up with a video camera and come shotgun for a few laps ,(he may regret this when he sees my driving tho :DOH: )

it may pay to bring a change of undies mr-t ?..... :lol:

MT

#2 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

he has plenty of nappies at home...

#3 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

I will be there with bells on. Got some work to do before I go though. Adjust tappets, fit new MSD ignition, fit new throttle cable bracket, overhaul steering rack, new front brake lines, fit torque converter dust cover and hopefully fit a panhard rod if I have time.

#4 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hmmm, not so sure if I will make it. Checked the calendar when I got home Steve, and Mellisa is going away that weekend. This means I am sole-carer and will be having a father and son weekend. Does your UC have anchor points for a baby seat? Just kidding, the little bloke is a bit young for "legal hooning".

Looks like Kev is right, I will be requiring nappies for the day but not really in the context I would prefer........

Next time I am in for sure though.

Cheers,

T

#5 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

Does your UC have anchor points for a baby seat?

Ha-ha, it does actually have a baby seat bolt , it is "mums taxi" after all....... ^_^ .

Its all good mr-t, catch up next time mate.

So Waz, mumstaxi & christmas tree, back straight @ QR, double or nothing on the Mars bar ? :tease:

MT

#6 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

So Waz, mumstaxi & christmas tree, back straight @ QR, double or nothing on the Mars bar ? :tease:

Your on. Will bring 2 mars bars with me I think I will need them!

#7 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

He-he,

well, your car "is" the quickest over the 1/4 mile ,and i will be running on the big 185s tyres, so those mars bars could still be in "your" glovebox on the way home. :cry:

besides, it wouln't be half as much fun if it was just a easy win for one of us.

now that mr-t has surrendered his seat, i should try to find myself a passenger with a video camera to film some of our runs.

MT

#8 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

Myself and a few of the boys headin down. The one day powerplays are good fun , every one goes pretty hardas we only have to make our cars last for one day. Good times ahead.

#9 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

He-he,

well, your car "is" the quickest over the 1/4 mile ,and i will be running on the big 185s tyres, so those mars bars could still be in "your" glovebox on the way home. :cry:

besides, it wouln't be half as much fun if it was just a easy win for one of us.

now that mr-t has surrendered his seat, i should try to find myself a passenger with a video camera to film some of our runs.

MT

I'm running street tyres too, although not that skinny. Should be intersting to see how they go.

I have been trying to track down a video camera too, I have plenty of passengers though. Thinking of going to willowbank after 6pm for test and tune too if its on.

PUMPED for it!

#10 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:52 PM

I might be heading out to watch, Had not even seen this one advertised and the Torry is in bits at the moment so I guess no playing for me. Will be sure to hassle anyone I know out there :D

#11 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

Im sure we can try and squeeze you into the back of the "taxi" for a few laps Pete..... :spoton:

MT

#12 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

I will make sure I bring my permission slip to go in a fast car then haha :spoton: Haven't been in one for a while :cry:

#13 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

MT

I have a camera, and a strong stomach (/sphincter)... :spoton:
I'd love to come for a few laps if you'll have me.

#14 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

DOH!
Just realised it was on yesterday. :fool:
Oh well, maybe next time...

#15 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

he-he, as it turned out mumstaxi didn't make it to QR anyway, kinda destroyed the gearbox the night before ..... :cry:

Ill try and get to the september Powercruise, ill see if we can take you for a few laps then (if the car can stay together,lol).

MT

#16 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

Sweeheheheeeet! :spoton:

#17 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

he-he, as it turned out mumstaxi didn't make it to QR anyway, kinda destroyed the gearbox the night before ..... :cry:

Ill try and get to the september Powercruise, ill see if we can take you for a few laps then (if the car can stay together,lol).

MT

Was wondering where you were, what gearbox do you have in that? Was a really good day, bit of rain but didn't effect it too much.

#18 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hope you smoked heaps of clowns for us all Waz :clap:

I was @ home pulling the gearbox out, starting to think my car is afraid of making any public appearances, this is the second event ive pre-paid to enter ,and its had issues just a day or two before :blink:

My box is only a Trau-matic, but its had plenty of coin spent on it and been modified to handle decent HP, until now has been a great box.

The road i was on had a small transition from one surface to another, the slight hight difference in sufaces may have un-loaded the tyres at a critical point causing a harsh shock to the driveline on regaining contact with the road ? :innocent:

Or the gearbox is just not strong enough, the engine is obviously making good HP to turn it into a box of "neutrals" while already moving (i suspect broken planetary gears), but ill have to see exactly what broke and work out what to do.

stupid "stuff", not lasting "forever"......lol

MT

#19 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

What is it with shy UC's? A bit of bad luck there Steve, I know how you feel.

I'm pretty keen to bring my car out for the three day event, but it all depends on how the car feels about it on the day :huh:

#20 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Ill definatly be at powercruise in September and will be keen for some drags if anyones going??

Saw your uc at munchies on friday, i wasnt in the best of moods. the cops just went over my whole car about 50m from the enterance. pretty unlucky, then again its kind of asking for it haveing a bare filter out the bonnet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users