Venetian Blinds

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 _Eddie_

_Eddie_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:21 PM

Anyone have venetian blinds on their tozza? Do they obscure your vision much? Yella I see you have some on yours, what do you think of 'em? What does everyone think of em? I reckon they look hot. They remind me of the car off Back to the Future.

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,321 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

Peter UC has some on his yellow sedan, I reckon they look fantastic. But these are the internal cream coloured ones... fantastic grandpa look :P

#3 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:05 PM

I seen an orig one in the trading post 6mths ago, I rang all day till someone answered. It was straight as, not rusted, 10mins down the road, and only 100 bucks. Going in a pink lc :rockon:

#4 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

my lj has had a rear venetion in it.
there fully sick mate
lol :D
Posted Image

#5 _Eddie_

_Eddie_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

Ah so I'm not the only one who likes em! Yeah I reckon they look tops, I found a couple hiding in the garage so I think I might put one on. Except mine are the external type the same as YellaSLur's (Pat's?).

Do they piss you off by getting in the way or is the view still ok?

#6 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

mines internal and never a drama with it :D but im not a fan of the external ones.

Edited by gtr-xu1, 21 March 2006 - 11:47 PM.

#7 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:50 AM

I reckon the venetians complement the car!, if anyone knows of a company in sydney that does them for a reasonable price and they are good quality, please post there details.

#8 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

I have an internal venetian blind in my LX. They are great in my opinion. They preserve the interior and don't obscure the rear vision in any way. They are also simple to fit. Yes they do add to the Grandpa look which is down my alley..

They are readily available on E-bay for the buy it now price of $185 for both the LH/X and LC/J models.

Cheers

Redslur.

#9 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

Auto Shades

Also sells cables, weather shields and sun visors. Not interior sun visors - but the grandpa outside type.

#10 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

i had one in my vh (till i sold it to a mate as i was going to sell it at that stage) they dont obscure vision hardly at all also saves the top of your rear seat if you park in the sun alot of the time

#11 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

I have an external one in my car.. whatever there called...

My dad was telling when he wsa my age one of his mates had one and when ever he parked the car he would walk around to the back, unlock the hatch, rip of the rear shade( cant think of its real name! to tired...) and but it in the car becuase apparently they used to get stolen a lot!

#12 _Torana/Fan_

_Torana/Fan_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:34 PM

Venetial's all the way, internal and cream ahhhhh

#13 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:07 PM

one day i will get a white one for my lc, but at $185 its gonna be a day when i got money to blow!

A1

#14 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:30 PM

I have an external one in my car.. whatever there called...

My dad was telling when he wsa my age one of his mates had one and when ever he parked the car he would walk around to the back, unlock the hatch, rip of the rear shade( cant think of its real name! to tired...) and but it in the car becuase apparently they used to get stolen a lot!

Aunger, rear window louver.
Not made anymore for Torana Hatch Back's!

#15 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

Had one ^ on my SL hatch years ago but took it off as it was held on by clips that poked under the window rubber. Another on a VC commodore that got blown off in my drive once - was held on by those dodgy stick-on 90� fasteners.

Still have the one that came off my hatch under the house - collecting dust. Not for sale of course.

#16 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:02 AM

Venetians, the 1st thing I threw away when I got the car. How embarrassing.

You guys are starting to show your age with these venetians, the youth of today dont even no what venetians are. :rockon:

#17 _Joanne_

_Joanne_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:39 AM

I threw mine away when i bought the car too! i thought nobody would want it so i just threw it out, but now i wish i had of kept it as it seems that people want them! A guy asked me a few weeks ago if i had the venetian & if he could buy it off me (as it wasnt on the car he thought i might have had it at home) spewing that i had to tell him i dont have it!

#18 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

SPJ and I were talking about the louvers at Heathcote.... I remember my mate's brother owning a 4cyl Hatch, cruising one night when he grinds to a halt, jumps out with a screwdriver and within 20 secs flat he's back in the car with a new (thank you very much) louver flying over the back seat ! DUCK!!!
Yes, they didn't care too much for security 20-odd years ago.... I remember many flying off at speed! Untill they came out with the louver locks!

Edited by knoath, 24 March 2006 - 11:55 AM.

#19 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:31 PM

Yes, I had an external Louvre on the hatch prior to the rebuild and yes, I will be fitting an internal venetian to the hatch after the rebuild, and yes I get my fair share of "Poppy" comments when I talk to others about the car and the venetian!!

But I really don't care. I LIKE 'EM!! :rockon:

cheers
Mick

Edited by sstorana, 28 March 2006 - 07:31 PM.

#20 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

Yes, I had an external Louvre on the hatch prior to the rebuild and yes, I will be fitting an internal venetian to the hatch after the rebuild, and yes I get my fair share of "Poppy" comments when I talk to others about the car and the venetian!!

But I really don't care. I LIKE 'EM!! :rockon:

cheers
Mick

I'm with you SS
This is my 2nd Hatch & the 2nd one i have fitted a louvre to.
3 reasons,
1, Saves the interior. top of back seat.
2, They reduce the heat in the very B) exposed back seat, its like a magnifing glass on you, in full sunlight.
3, A little bit of privacy, can carry stuff in the back and not so obvious to the general passer by. not a problem to sedan drives!
Wont meen anything to a theif, if he wanted the car he isn't going to care whats inside till he gets to a safe place. so it's definately not for security.
Paul

Edited by SPJ, 31 March 2006 - 03:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users